2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone recall when was the Fred Meyer's sighting by the witness who directly talked to TH, as she held the baby, and showed off pix of Kyron, in the FM?

Was it 9 AM?

Agreed. That backroad looks like a very private place to take a little time to do something. She wouldn't have to go too far off the road and could feel safe leaving the baby alone in the car for a few minutes.

Very few 18 month old children can unbuckle their own carseats if they are put in them correctly. Even if they can, they can't get out of the truck if you have the child locks and regular locks on. They aren't going to be able to open the doors.

Leaving her in the truck the worst thing she would have had to worry about is her getting upset and crying.

She also could have brought a blanket and toys and let her play there on the ground, if the baby was compliant enough to do so. Just like at a park, she would be right there.

I'm guessing that she was willing to bend her stellar parenting skills at that point to get away with a crime.

Anyone recall when was the Fred Meyer's sighting by the witness who directly talked to TH, as she held the baby, and showed off pix of Kyron, in the FM?

Was it 9 AM?
between 9:30 and 10:00, I believe.

Very few 18 month old children can unbuckle their own carseats if they are put in them correctly. Even if they can, they can't get out of the truck if you have the child locks and regular locks on. They aren't going to be able to open the doors.

Leaving her in the truck the worst thing she would have had to worry about is her getting upset and crying.

She also could have brought a blanket and toys and let her play there on the ground, if the baby was compliant enough to do so. Just like at a park, she would be right there.

I'm guessing that she was willing to bend her stellar parenting skills at that point to get away with a crime.

agreed, but if TH is the culprit and if baby K was with her, she would not want to leave the vehicle with K in it in an area that could be seen or approached by a random passerby while she was away from the vehicle up to no good. An area that was less visible from the road and still within earshot, while at the same time having dense brush and woods nearby for disposal would be the optimum spot IMO. Not because of stellar parenting but out of self preservation.

If Kyron's murder was premeditated and Terri did bury his body in this area, then I believe she most likely had a connection to this place. Have any reports came out about the Terri and/or Kaine and Kyron ever going hiking in that area? I've read that killers will bury their victim's bodies in a place that they feel comfortable at or at least familiar with.

sorry kimster, I got excited/anxious

between 9:30 and 10:00, I believe.

In that case, witness Chas' time frame of 9:15 to 9:45 presents a bit of a challenge to the TH sighting in Fred Meyer. Or vice versa. :waitasec:

I might have to go search for timelines...

In that case, witness Chas' time frame of 9:15 to 9:45 presents a bit of a challenge to the TH sighting in Fred Meyer. Or vice versa. :waitasec:

I might have to go search for timelines...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106874"]Case Calendar and timeline information NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I am wondering about the cell phone pings.

Does freefallz or another local know if a cell phone even works in this area??

If they need Mountain Wave Communications out there, I really wonder if there is cell phone reception. If there is not, then it is unlikely they got information from cell phone pings. Which would mean it had to come from somewhere else.

We need someone to tell us if there is cell phone reception there.

Mountain Wave Communications

Why?

Wilderness terrain often obstructs easy radio communication, and many rescue situations occur beyond the reach of cellular telephones and modern public safety radio systems.

Compounding the problem of terrain obstacles, SAR communications are almost always hampered by incompatible radio equipment and frequencies. Large search operations can span multiple counties, and on Mt Hood here in Oregon, as many as 28 different agencies and organizations are involved in SAR responses.

http://www.mwave.org/index.php?opti...46:about-mwave&catid=34:about-mwave&Itemid=28

Search teams include Multnomah County Search and Rescue and its partners, North Oregon Regional Search and Rescue, four regional canine search teams and Mountain Wave Communications.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_this_m.html

So is it about two hours to sundown now? Wondering how much time is left that they can still search.

I am so map-challenged. So was TH able to go to the new search locations, based on what we know about the timeline that day?

I am wondering about the cell phone pings.

Does freefallz or another local know if a cell phone even works in this area??

If they need Mountain Wave Communications out there, I really wonder if there is cell phone reception. If there is not, then it is unlikely they got information from cell phone pings. Which would mean it had to come from somewhere else.

We need someone to tell us if there is cell phone reception there.

Mountain Wave Communications

Why?

Wilderness terrain often obstructs easy radio communication, and many rescue situations occur beyond the reach of cellular telephones and modern public safety radio systems.

Compounding the problem of terrain obstacles, SAR communications are almost always hampered by incompatible radio equipment and frequencies. Large search operations can span multiple counties, and on Mt Hood here in Oregon, as many as 28 different agencies and organizations are involved in SAR responses.

http://www.mwave.org/index.php?opti...46:about-mwave&catid=34:about-mwave&Itemid=28

Search teams include Multnomah County Search and Rescue and its partners, North Oregon Regional Search and Rescue, four regional canine search teams and Mountain Wave Communications.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_this_m.html

I am not the cell phone ping expert so don't know anything about that part. But I can tell you that Free called me today from her cell and it worked pretty well. She cut out a few times until she got out of the car, then I could hear her fine. I'm up in that general vicinity every Sat and my cell works most of the time but has dead spots.

agreed, but if TH is the culprit and if baby K was with her, she would not want to leave the vehicle with K in it in an area that could be seen or approached by a random passerby while she was away from the vehicle up to no good. An area that was less visible from the road and still within earshot, while at the same time having dense brush and woods nearby for disposal would be the optimum spot IMO. Not because of stellar parenting but out of self preservation.

I believe she was at FM looking for Meds for K that morning ... Perhaps TH bought medicine that would make her drowsy so she slept?

I am not the cell phone ping expert so don't know anything about that part. But I can tell you that Free called me today from her cell and it worked pretty well. She cut out a few times until she got out of the car, then I could hear her fine. I'm up in that general vicinity every Sat and my cell works most of the time but has dead spots.

Okay, so even if you get up there further it should still be pinging....

Interesting that they have them out there then.

Did we read earlier that they searched yesterday as well?
Clearly, this is not going to be easy, if they just have a general area or areas to search...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV