2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has been suffering since June. I believe she knows Kyron is probably gone. In the meantime, TH has been living her second childhood with mommy and daddy, free from all adult responsibility. Free money every month from J's adopted father. I imagine Desiree has done most of her grieving, (although there will still be plenty more when Kyron is finally found) and ready to move on to the arrest and prosecution of TH. I would be "excited" if I were in Desiree's shoes as well. She is apparently ready to move on to the Justice part of this mess.

Exactly! If it meant finding my child's murderer and seeing them brought to justice...you bet I'd be excited. If it meant finding my son and bringing his little body to his father and I so we could provide a proper burial for him...I'd be excited. The horror of this day has probably resonated in Kaine and Desiree's minds for months, they have probably come to terms with the inevitable and now it is time for justice and closure.
God bless them with strength as they go through what we hope are the final hours of this nightmare.

OMG, I'm trying so hard not to get overly excited, but this seems like a big deal today!
I feel very sad today.For the first time I do feel like they will find little Kyron.I just don't know what to say.

Exactly! If it meant finding my child's murderer and seeing them brought to justice...you bet I'd be excited. If it meant finding my son and bringing his little body to his father and I so we could provide a proper burial for him...I'd be excited. The horror of this day has probably resonated in Kaine and Desiree's minds for months, they have probably come to terms with the inevitable and now it is time for justice and closure.
God bless them with strength as they go through what we hope are the final hours of this nightmare.

I totally agree, momtective! :blowkiss:

There appears to be a piece of paper or something.But it looks like a black wire?electrical?But I don't see real well.so I do not know.
That's what it looks like to me, too. Cable wire. Months ago when we were discussing how she could have carried his body through the woods or up a hill, I suggested she might have tied rope around a container -- I also think she used one -- and dragged it into the woods. So who knows.

I zoomed in very close and at first thought it was a piece of paper. But that would have disintegrated by now. I do think it's some sort of plastic, like maybe a plastic garbage bag, with part of it cinched together at one end and buried? It doesn't seem like the ends would stay pinched together like that if it were just laying on top of the ground.

I also think there's a different pattern to the earth around it, starting at the tree and curving to the right of the picture as you move down past the white object. The pine needles seems to be shorter and the grass not as tall and 'natural looking' as that further away.

Of course, I could be imagining it, just because of what I think may be under there.

I also wonder if LE would really allow these photos to be released and/or media to follow them at this point, if they really thought they were going to find Kyron, kwim?

And I thought today was going to be quiet....

Hey Sarx :wave:
Can ya take a look at the pics up the thread and tell us what you see taking place with the searcher taking a photo of what looks to be a piece of paper.

I think sitting around waiting for the next search must be agony for these parents because of the mental anguish. Action is always preferable to sitting and waiting.

What is this searcher taking a picture of?

9234827-standard.jpg

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_12.html

Bumpity bump.

I feel very sad today.For the first time I do feel like they will find little Kyron.I just don't know what to say.

I feel the same way. I haven't been on Kyron's forum in a long time because I have felt like it was going to a cold case. Looking at the pictures and thinking of that precious little boy has brought tears to my eyes and made me very sad. I have for awhile believed that he was no longer with us, but finding a body makes it real. And I think back to all the stuff we read in the beginning about him, and the pictures... he deserved a better life and not to be taken away so early. :no:

Ok, can someone give me a rundown, (or a map!) how far is this from the PLS and has this area been mentioned in past months at all?

I don't think they know the exact location...they are searching in two places and have already said they may be back again next weekend...I think they are probably going off pings...

I think they know an almost exact location. They obviously have enough to make them believe they need cadaver dogs and an ME, which is apparently very unusual. Plus, their comments about bringing closure today, along with the others, are pretty strong.

I'm thinking they are searching in two places because of evidence, but the area they are searching with the ME is where the body is. I'm sure they are looking for specific evidence, possibly the murder weapon and that is what they are talking about when saying they may have to come back next weekend.

Nursie, can you bump your map again?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U....686396,-122.881222&spn=0.09042,0.262127&z=13

here is a map I did of the areas mentioned today plus sauvie island and the school.

funny that you ask, sarx, if the area has been mentioned before... because it actually was sort of... by the tipster Chas... ((I have logie road marked on the map as well)

the video with the PIO officer... she said that this area has not been searched before

This sure make feel like there have been some very quiet busy bees in that war room for the last few months.

Hey Sarx :wave:
Can ya take a look at the pics up the thread and tell us what you see taking place with the searcher taking a photo of what looks to be a piece of paper.

Ok, this is just my best guess, so please don't take it as gospel. It looks to be a piece of aged paper (yellowing on it). Honestly, the things above just like pine twigs/branches to me.

I don't think it is a staged shot.

He is using his finger for size comparison for the picture.

FYI-when on a search though you take pictures and mark EVERYTHING, 99% of which is completely unrelated to the case you are on. So, it doesn't necessarily mean a thing.

What is the yellow and red stripe thing hanging from a tree or something?
9234641-standard.jpg
Also... is his left hand by a piece of red fabric?

Pictures of the Caylee Anthony crime scene were released the same day and were even more detailed.

We don't know if the searcher was taking pictures of actual evidence or just testing the camera. But it's in the MSM so we can talk about whatever appears.

That is a cheap camera to be photographing evidence with. You don't use a point and shoot to photograph evidence. You use a professional level camera... people may remember from watching Forensic Files or similar shows that it is a much bigger camera they use. More expensive Nikons or Canons.

That is weird to me, that they would be using that camera. Easier to carry around, yes. But not the best for photographing evidence.

It is an odd choice of word to use. However, here it is 8 months later and she's been living a nightmare that no mother wishes to go through. LE has been very good at giving her information about Kyron's case and I do think she knows that Kyron is no longer living. I think she wants to bring Kyron home and have some closure, and get TH behind bars for the awful tragedy she has caused.

She's probably known about this upcoming search for weeks and weeks and now it is finally here. However, as prepared as she thinks she is, if they find Kyron it's going to hit hard. :(

It's going to hit ME hard, I can't imagine Desiree.

However, I can also see it being "exciting" for her... if the image in her mind at the time she said it was of a particular person handcuffed and being put into a cell. After 8 months, that'd be pretty exciting for them to see I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling