2011.02.14 Court Reporter Accuses Defense Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No kidding. They can't even leave a court reporting service alone? Do they really think everyone is out to get them? I can't even be surprised anymore. I hope this really does go somewhere too. And I'm thinking attacking the reputation of someone who is supposed to be transcribing your own dang depositions is NOT a good idea! :maddening:

So their experts are fleeing, their witnesses are whacko, their SODDI's didn't work out at all and backfired on them, their mitigation list I am sure is getting smaller by the minute, the evidence is overwhelming, they're just now depoing people at the center of the case like Amy H, and now they're chasing away the people that transcribe their own dang depositions? Is there anyone else that they haven't chased off or treated like crap? How in the heck do they have any case left to bring to court? Sadly, I'm serious about that...:banghead:

..................there's always Chicago.

I feel so bad for the Stogsdill reporting co.

I can see JP reading these e-mails, chair a-rockin.
moo

When CM was waving his hands and blustering on about how those people in Tennessee were so backwards, they didn't know what a deposition was (I paraphrase) I could tell he was ly, er telling a tall tale. I'm grateful that Mr. Stogsdill has taken the "bull" by the horns.
The words CM said to HHJSS echo in my mind, "You trust me, don't you?"

I have compiled a list of events since these transcripts have been heard in court, e-mails per defense motion and per the OS article.

Depositions were taken of the Oak Ridge National Laboratory on 09/21/2010 and 09/22/2010.

Defense motion that was filed on 12/03/10 per affidavit of e-mails
Page 5 + 6
# 10) On September 27, 2010, after the depositions were taken, Jose Baez’s office contacted me to advise that Tyke had contacted them explaining that he was not informed that payment was going to be through the Justice Administrative Commission.

Status hearing on 09/27/2010 (No mention of the Oak Ridge transcripts)

Status hearing on 10/29/2010
http://www.wftv.com/video/25568340/index.html Part 4
@ around 2:00 on clock (Mason argued in court)(filing Baez’s taped depositions with the court to get the needed transcripts/never done)

Defense motion that was filed on 12/03/10 per affidavit of e-mails
# 13) On November 8, 2010, Mr. Mason asked me to e-mail Stogsdill for their billing rates and estimated invoice total in order for me to calculate the difference between their charge and what JAC would pay. I did as instructed. (K. Diana Marku/Mason’s assistant)

# 14) Tyke responded to said e-mail that his deposition rate per diem is $90.00 for the first two hours or less; $20.00 per hour until 5:00 pm.; No lunch (start time 11:00 or before and not out until after 1:00) add $25.00. He also advised that original transcript and one copy for expert testimony costs $4.85 per page. His total estimated cost was $2,500.00, which would take two weeks to complete after payments was received.

Status hearing on 11/29/2010
http://www.wftv.com/video/25949991/index.html Part 2
@ around 20:25 on clock (Mason argued in court)

Defendant’s Motion to Authorize and Compel Preparation of Transcripts (12/03/2010) Oakridge $860.70
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/6532937...thorize-and-Compel-Preparation-of-Transcripts

01/03/2011 Motion hearing
http://www.wftv.com/video/26354520/index.html Part 1
starting around 23:53 on clock (Mason argued in court)

Court Minutes 01/03/2011
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/68343943/20110103-Court-Minutes
Page 2 Granted as to $2,500.00 for JAC to pay for transcripts

Correspondence from Stogsdill Court Reporting Services (02/11/2011)
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hony-court-reporting-20110214,0,1934944.story

"It obviously has been represented to Your Honor that my office had initially agreed to provide court reporting services at rates significantly lower than normal rates and then refused to honor the discounted rate, and I believe the reason given the Court was my alleged claim that the job was difficult and took more time than expected," Stogsdill wrote.
"These statements are not true," he continued. "I cannot ignore the attack on my integrity and reputation without responding."
"Although it has been represented to the Court that I tricked Mr. Baez and Mr. Cheney (Mason), I believe that our court reporting services were obtained under false pretenses," Stogsdill wrote. "I would not have agreed to provide court reporting services under the substantially lower rates and terms established by the JAC guidelines."

Stogsdill said his business has been operating for more than 20 years with a reputation "for being fair and ethical, a reputation that would have been impossible to establish and maintain with shenanigans like those I have been wrongly accused of by the attorney(s) for Ms. Anthony."
Stogsdill provided a series of emails between his office and the offices of the two attorneys to support his complaint. At one point in his letter, Stogsdill writes, "we assume (sometimes incorrectly, unfortunately) that attorneys will pay their bills."

JMO
(mods if I have not followed the rules for copy/pasting of the OS article please delete) Thank you
Thanks so much for your post:great:

I was reviewing the hearings this morning and If I may add my notes:

22:00 HHJP asks Mason if he checked with the court reporter if they would take the JAC rate?

Mason: Yes we did. We filed a motion and got an affidavit on that. I contacted a law firm and got us a hall for free.

HHJP: Then what happened? Did they tell you beforehand they would not take the JAC rate or what?

Mason: They said that they would do it based on the indigency rates. And when it got down to them doing it they said hold it wait a minute. This is going to be too long. It's going to cost too much. We have found...

RAW VIDEO: Casey Anthony Hearing 11/29 - Part 2 Of 2
Casey Anthony was in court Monday for a hearing on finances and information the state wants the defense to provide.
http://www.wftv.com/video/25949991/index.html

Hello all:)
Either Mason is lying to the court or Baez is pulling some really thick wool over Mason's eyes.
:twocents:
JMO

Thanks so much for your post:great:

I was reviewing the hearings this morning and If I may add my notes:

22:00 HHJP asks Mason if he checked with the court reporter if they would take the JAC rate?

Mason: Yes we did. We filed a motion and got an affidavit on that. I contacted a law firm and got us a hall for free.

HHJP: Then what happened? Did they tell you beforehand they would not take the JAC rate or what?

Mason: They said that they would do it based on the indigency rates. And when it got down to them doing it they said hold it wait a minute. This is going to be too long. It's going to cost too much. We have found...

RAW VIDEO: Casey Anthony Hearing 11/29 - Part 2 Of 2
Casey Anthony was in court Monday for a hearing on finances and information the state wants the defense to provide.
http://www.wftv.com/video/25949991/index.html

Hello all:)
Either Mason is lying to the court or Baez is pulling some really thick wool over Mason's eyes.
:twocents:
JMO

:floorlaugh: I think they are both in the wool business.

I want to see the letter itself, along with the emails cited wherein JB bamboozled the court reporter......

Just wondering if this has anything to do with that odd question from JB concerning "no deposition, no testimony."

The defense has about as much integrity as the defendent. Zippo. Evidently the defense feels as though they can scam anyone.
Remind you of some people we know and don't like very much? <<<following TOC :)

Red and Bold by me.

So the Bar Association has already previously had to get involved in payment disputes between JB and a court reporter? WOW!

Yes.
Baez and the failure to make payments is a re-occurring theme..

Just wondering if this has anything to do with that odd question from JB concerning "no deposition, no testimony."

No that question from JB wasn't odd, nor did it directly relate to this. It was more odd that it took JB so long to realize something about the judges order that we here had figured out early on.

JB's no deposition, no testimony?" question was related to HHJP's motion to compel the reports of the expert witnesses. The order was pretty clear that the experts will only be allowed to testify to matters discussed in their submitted reports or brought out at deposition. Well it finally dawned on JB that is he doesn't supply the reports, the SA may feel that they don't have enough information to do a proper deposition and hence simply elect to not depose his experts. At which point, with no report submitted and no questions asked at deposition, all his witnesses could talk about on the stand is their own CV's and resumes. JB stalled, ignored, delayed and worked real hard to back himself into a corner and then finally realized it. His question was designed to try and spin this screw up on his part to make it seem like it was an unethical or shameful act on the part of the prosecutors.

AND, failed to comply with financial agreement for private investigative services of DC....

Possibly non-payment for expert witness fee's

Non-payment for trial related documents and did not obtain.

Financial transactions involving Todd Black and alias's....

Novice Seeker

Here's another case of Baez and his money management:
Baez has another judgement against him.
case #08-12484-CO-54
He had to pay a Dr. Willey $10,475.56.
Final judgement dated Feb. 23, 2009.
Satisfied April 29, 2009

Official Records On-Line -
http://www.osceolaclerk.com/RecordingDivision.htm

If you are asking if this would keep them from testifying, no. The depositions have been done, it doesn't matter, iirc, who transcribes them.

If you are asking if this would keep them from testifying, no. The depositions have been done, it doesn't matter, iirc, who transcribes them.

Well, it might matter if no one wants to transcribe them so they don't get ripped off by the defense team. I'm thinking depos not transcribed will be a headache. They may find themselves up a creek here. Can we say beg Casey to plea at this point?

:floorlaugh: I think they are both in the wool business.

:floorlaugh:
If they went into the sheep business they could save a ton of money on their suits. They both seem pretty good at shoveling;)

Well, it might matter if no one wants to transcribe them so they don't get ripped off by the defense team. I'm thinking depos not transcribed will be a headache. They may find themselves up a creek here. Can we say beg Casey to plea at this point?

And we have the Frye hearing coming up soon. YIKES! Suffice to say I wouldn't put anything past these two. They've shown a complete disrespect for the law, the court, my intelligence...

IIRC, Judge Perry already said that the JAC would pay the $2500. What this brings to my mind is JBP warning Baez that there are attorneys out there who will take on cases to return money to the JAC that has been paid out in error -- in this case because the defense apparently misrepresented the situation to the court.

IIRC, Judge Perry already said that the JAC would pay the $2500. What this brings to my mind is JBP warning Baez that there are attorneys out there who will take on cases to return money to the JAC that has been paid out in error -- in this case because the defense apparently misrepresented the situation to the court.

Yes, he did! TY. It was ordered Jan 20.

AND, failed to comply with financial agreement for private investigative services of DC....
Possibly non-payment for expert witness fee's
Non-payment for trial related documents and did not obtain.
Financial transactions involving Todd Black and alias's....

Novice Seeker
AND, going into foreclosure on TWO homes....

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

Did not Perry tell the defense that Baez could have his court reporters transcribe the prosecutions tapes at iirc about $2 per hour? Is there some reason that JB is being such a knothead over this? Just pay Stogsdill for their appearance fee, then have Perry's reporters do the transcription.

It seems to me that the defense wastes more time and money being obstinate, and it is certainly not earning them any respect or credibility. They have a lot of work to do, and you can bet there will be more defensive whining about how they don't have enough time to get the necessary work done.

Above BBM

You said it all sister!! In a nutshell.

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member