2011.02.23 - Clint Dunn thinks SA is innocent

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What. The. H-E-double hockey sticks! Is there something in the water in Texas?

I don't know whether to feel sorry for Clint or smack him upside the head. I can't believe he thinks SA is innocent. This after BD put Clint down in the media? Have you forgotten that humiliation already, Clint?

Of course BD is going to say that, she will say anything BUT that SA did it. Wow. Please don't turn into another George Anthony, Clint. Seriously, take your manhood out of BD's purse and don't let her control you. This is just ridiculous.

I feel like in I'm in the twilight zone. If I see a picture of all three of them together and supporting each other, I'm going to vomit...

I have stated before that everybody was still under the microscope to me, but then was turning toward CD being out of the loop, yet now more than ever NOTHING would surprise me in this case. SA's threats, BG's threats, and now PT's threats. Did I forget anyone? Hits, knives, masks, nailed clubs, hammers----sounds like some undiscovered tribe somewhere. Are we sure no meth was around? A person can't work because of a leg injury and only tend his plants, yet can beat the stuffings out of someone with a hammer? No wonder HD was confused and scared..she was shuffled around with no stability at all and I'm betting there was bad mouthing of everyone by everybody in her family circle. DD was/is in this environment also....and I'm sure we dont know the half of it. No communication, and resolution is acting on primal instincts. All the masks are beginning to crack and peel. imo

WHAT IF......? :waitasec:

LE is working with Clint and LE believe SA is unstable enough to do a Columbine... ( that why the extra security at schools and such)

and SA would take out as many people and children if he is close to an arrest?

Clint and LE believe Clint would be the first person SA would go after

So, Clint is trying to defuse SA on anger toward him???

We can only hope this is why he has changed his tune....

As I was falling asleep last night, thinking about both this article, and Connie Jones interview, I realized what's happened here.

Connie said that Clint keeps breaking down, going to the yard and crying and crying. She said he broke down like this again yesterday.

I think what's happening is that Clint is grieving for his daughter. He's going through the stages of grief, and his statement that Shawn is innocent reflects that he's entered the grieving stage of denial.

I've seen this in other missing child cases. As it becomes more obvious what happened to the child, parents reach a point where they just can't stand it - who could? - and they react with a complete rejection.

It seems bizarre even sometimes, in face of information available. But that's how the human mind and emotions work in regards to trauma. When we reach overload point, we reject, until such time as we're stronger and can begin to accept what's happened.

Let's all keep Clint in our prayers. I don't think he should be confronted or pushed right now. He needs to work this through in his own way, and his own time.

You could be right, BeanE. I guess I've followed so many cases where the fathers don't have the right reaction that I jumped to conclusions. I guess maybe he could be in real denial, and can't handle that his ex's boyfriend may have done this. It might be easier for him to accept that she was abducted by a stranger than someone Hailey actually knew.

I do feel bad for the guy. I hope you are right. I cannot take these fathers and grandfathers having weird and just not right reactions anymore. I don't want him to be like Adam Baker or George Anthony, please no. Maybe he's more like Kyron Horman's dad, just not as strong. If I ever hear Kaine say Terri didn't do it, I will fall over with shock, though. Anyway, I will definitely pray for Clint. I do think he needs it right now.

WHAT IF......? :waitasec:

LE is working with Clint and LE believe SA is unstable enough to do a Columbine... ( that why the extra security at schools and such)

and SA would take out as many people and children if he is close to an arrest?

Clint and LE believe Clint would be the first person SA would go after

So, Clint is trying to defuse SA on anger toward him???

We can only hope this is why he has changed his tune....

If this is true, then LE hopefully warned HA about taunting him, his "going off" wouldn't surprise me. Agree....we can only hope. SA seems to be a loose cannon who thinks he has it all under control. (Joe Cool w/sunglasses)..and that's being fueled by BD too. imo

ETA: It scares me that SA may have others out there who would help him with his conquests. Absolutely frightening.

But would Clint really think some sick freak of a stranger is a better choice as to what happened to Hailey? SA/sick freak...what is the difference? Why would that be more comforting?
I guess because he can't see where SA would be keeping Hailey alive, that is all I can make out of this.

This whole CD about-face had me baffled. My options of why (so far) are:

a) BD has come up with some hella blackmail stuff on him (I don't think so);
b) CD is indeed going through the denial grief stage like BE said because
LE gave him an earful while he sat in jail, and he knows all hope is gone
but doesn't want to admit it (possible);
c) CD is backing off SA at LE's request to help take the spotlight off SA so SA will get
sloppy (I hope this is it);
d) CD has decided the child trafficking circuit is lucrative (highly highly doubt this);
e) CD is scared SA will come after his family (quite possible, and I would not blame
him).

As I was falling asleep last night, thinking about both this article, and Connie Jones interview, I realized what's happened here.

Connie said that Clint keeps breaking down, going to the yard and crying and crying. She said he broke down like this again yesterday.

I think what's happening is that Clint is grieving for his daughter. He's going through the stages of grief, and his statement that Shawn is innocent reflects that he's entered the grieving stage of denial.

I've seen this in other missing child cases. As it becomes more obvious what happened to the child, parents reach a point where they just can't stand it - who could? - and they react with a complete rejection.

It seems bizarre even sometimes, in face of information available. But that's how the human mind and emotions work in regards to trauma. When we reach overload point, we reject, until such time as we're stronger and can begin to accept what's happened.

Let's all keep Clint in our prayers. I don't think he should be confronted or pushed right now. He needs to work this through in his own way, and his own time.

Excellent post.

For all his faults, I think CD is a good man who desperately wants to find his daughter. It's been 2 months. How could he not break down?

As for BD, none of her behavior makes sense to me. Any tears she's cried have been for herself & SA ... IMO.

All JMHO

But would Clint really think some sick freak of a stranger is a better choice as to what happened to Hailey? SA/sick freak...what is the difference? Why would that be more comforting?
I guess because he can't see where SA would be keeping Hailey alive, that is all I can make out of this.

I don't think it's so much the thoughts of Shawn, as the thoughts of Billie, a woman he was married to, a woman he's known a long time, a woman he had a child - Hailey - with. It would be a horrifying thing to have to deal with. Better a stranger. That's what I had in mind.

My personal opinion.

I don't think it's so much the thoughts of Shawn, as the thoughts of Billie, a woman he was married to, a woman he's known a long time, a woman he had a child - Hailey - with. It would be a horrifying thing to have to deal with. Better a stranger. That's what I had in mind.

My personal opinion.

I see what you are saying, but what doesn't fit is that CD is allegedly hanging around with BD now. Apparently they went to the appreciation dinner together and are supposed to be going to the rally together.

Also, why did CD have to say that he thinks SA is innocent? I don't get that.

Actually, I don't get much of what a lot of these people are saying/doing. :waitasec:

Looks like the same thing as with TES. LE is not yet ready to give out search areas to the search groups, and is just asking them to stand by until they are.

Personally, I think LE is waiting for more intensive analysis of the cell phone records, which can take quite a while, to more closely pinpoint the most likely areas that Shawn disposed of Hailey's body. The search area, otherwise, is massive, and the chances of finding her body diminish.

I also think when they've got the most likely areas of disposal pinned down, that they'll be calling in TES.

Unfortunately, we're talking about 2,715 square miles of land and 12 square miles of water.

I don't mean to make light of this whole situation......but I wish I could call Eve Dallas to come in and kick butt and clean up this "mess".

I see what you are saying, but what doesn't fit is that CD is allegedly hanging around with BD now. Apparently they went to the appreciation dinner together and are supposed to be going to the rally together.

Also, why did CD have to say that he thinks SA is innocent? I don't get that.

Actually, I don't get much of what a lot of these people are saying/doing. :waitasec:

I don't think going to a searcher appreciation dinner qualifies as "hanging around" with someone. Personally, I think Billie probably manipulated Clint into going to this dinner that they weren't invited to.

I'm waiting to see if Clint goes to the rally.

I think Clint had to say he thinks Shawn is innocent because he can't accept right now what all the information is pointing to happened to his little girl.

ITA and I think Clint is in the "bargaining" phase of things... of COURSE he wants her to be alive and believing the prime suspect had nothing to do with it... saying it out loud... well that gives him more hope doesn't it...

I take his latest thoughts with a large truck load of salt... and I really pray for the pain he is in right now.

I pray that LE is really making some progress in this case and it has not gone Lindsey-Baum-Hailey-Cummings-COLD.

ITA and I think Clint is in the "bargaining" phase of things... of COURSE he wants her to be alive and believing the prime suspect had nothing to do with it... saying it out loud... well that gives him more hope doesn't it...

I take his latest thoughts with a large truck load of salt... and I really pray for the pain he is in right now.

I pray that LE is really making some progress in this case and it has not gone Lindsey-Baum-Hailey-Cummings-COLD.

One if the effects of marijuana is you become very peaceful and love everybody. Maybe CD was just high when he made this statement.jmo

I'm not understanding. Most seem to have compassion for a father in denial and grieving, but not for a mother in denial who is even closer to the POI? Why is Billie's denial any less believable?

Many of the things posted on this thread about Clint could equally apply to Billie as well. I'm just trying to understand.

I'm not understanding. Most seem to have compassion for a father in denial and grieving, but not for a mother in denial who is even closer to the POI? Why is Billie's denial any less believable?

Many of the things posted on this thread about Clint could equally apply to Billie as well. I'm just trying to understand.

For me it is not that BD is in denial, she is defending the nr1 suspect, changing time lines, adding things, doing what she can to clear her Awesome Shawn and imo forgetting her daughter in the process.

I really really wanted to believe BD and I did in the beginning, but there are just too much deflecting going on. What would it take to get straight answers?

If I understand your post I think that when you understand you will have solved the mystery of these forums.

I don't understand how some people are so adamant about either the guilt or innocence of any of these players. There are some facts that are quite questionable but no facts that prove without a doubt who did this or what 'this' is. Nothing has been presented that tells us what happened or who did anything to HD. I cannot base an opinion on my opinions of certain people. I don't know them, and I am not around them 24/7. I wish I could be convinced, but I am not. I think the naming of SA as a 'suspect' was done way prematurely and now LE doesn't know what to do about it. jmo

If I understand your post I think that when you understand you will have solved the mystery of these forums.

I don't understand how some people are so adamant about either the guilt or innocence of any of these players. There are some facts that are quite questionable but no facts that prove without a doubt who did this or what 'this' is. Nothing has been presented that tells us what happened or who did anything to HD. I cannot base an opinion on my opinions of certain people. I don't know them, and I am not around them 24/7. I wish I could be convinced, but I am not. I think the naming of SA as a 'suspect' was done way prematurely and now LE doesn't know what to do about it. jmo

BBM: Now wouldn't that be something.

This whole case is a big "mess" If only Hailey would be found.

The title of this thread is Clint Dunn thinks SA is innocent. There is nothing within that title which allows or opens the door, for discussing other posters or their viewpoints being perhaps not what you consider valid.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT HOW OTHERS THINK OR POST.

We do state what our opinion is relative to the subject matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717