2011.02.25 Hearing @ 8:45AM ET

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Watching this on HLN... Mason is bragging about his letter to Silvia Hernandez's new boss, a police chief, threatening him with obstruction & violating inmate's rights - Mason really thinks he's such hot shizzola!! OMG I can't stand this arrogant buffoon, omg omg omg. OK rant done for a few, lol.

HHJP will put the hammer down once the trial starts. I expect non-stop sidebars once the trial starts.

Video of the hearing is on TruTV right now.

I just finished watching the hearing and I still feel that HHJP is making SURE that there are NO Appellate Issues for the defense to fall back on. Am I the only one that feels this way? Maybe I am not understanding the Law in Florida, even though, I thought I had picked up a lot of useful information here at WS.

I am a Florida tax payer!

I support HHJP in granting the defense the funds they feel necessary to defend their client. This judge is upholding her constitutional right to a fair trial. I would be angry if he disallowed their funds and had a guilty verdict overturned upon appeal.
The state has budgeted for this trial. It's not going to break the bank.
His Honor Chief Judge Perry has my total confidence and respect.

Okay, that answered my question. Thank you. :)

I agree Tulessa. I think Faefrost hit the nail on the head with her post.

For anyone who still believes that a plea deal is a possibility....please watch this video hearing. My opinion is no way in hades. These 2 sides wouldn't be able to agree on the location of the nearest bathroom, much less reach a plea deal.

Just turned on In-Session and the very first thing I hear is JB disparaging the correctional officer "who was dismissed for inappropriate behavior."

As usual...(shuddering with disgust)

Murdering your baby trumps every type of "inappropriate behavior" in my book.

HHJP will put the hammer down once the trial starts. I expect non-stop sidebars once the trial starts.

non stop side bars will infuriate a jury who are missing their families.

I sure hope that isn't the case.

Maybe that is the defense's strategy all along. Infuriate the Jury on how slowly justice moves, then hope and pray they lean on the side of the defense.

Note to pattyG--- Misha is absolutely too cute for words.

Here is my opinion of JP awarding the defence the money they are asking for as well as any in the future, I feel the JP is fully aware that once this case is done, that the JAC will hire an attorney to go thru all of the money spent to see where there was money awarded and not spent properly, JP has already told JB so much in an earlier hearing, so give him enough rope and he will surly hang himself...

I just finished watching the hearing and I still feel that HHJP is making SURE that there are NO Appellate Issues for the defense to fall back on. Am I the only one that feels this way? Maybe I am not understanding the Law in Florida, even though, I thought I had picked up a lot of useful information here at WS.

I think that is always a goal for trial judges. I think his bigger picture goal is to get this to trial. This small stuff isn't going to matter come May.

I know many of us are completely frustrated by JB's antics. The closer we get to trial, the more I am moving into "who cares" territory about him. I refuse to let him be "the story" to me. And a judge letting him spend 4 grand on a psychologist? I don't care: let him spend 100,000 grand.

Honestly, between Jose and Cindy, Casey may be only #3 on the unpopular list in this trial. I think that is not good.

imo

Before everyone gets upset with HHJP for going on an approval spree of defense spending. Remember he is looking to promptly bring this case to trial, insure a fair and constitutional trial process, and safeguard the publics purse strings. he knows what these trials cost, he has a pretty good idea of what the expenses for each piece of it will be. And he has so far been carefully dolling out funds to stay well within those typical expenses.

As much as we like to scream about the defense, there was nothing in todays funding requests that was unreasonable or had any real reason to not be approved. Additional psych expenses for mitigation were expected. As AZLawyer pointed out above, so far the costs seem low. Typical local transcription costs are to be expected and should not be an issue approving. And the defense actually brought a cost saving request to the table with the video conferencing.

There was nothing in todays approvals for anyone to get upset or indignant about. Not even Florida taxpayers. There is a difference between the costs of doing the peoples business, and milking it. Everything approved today looked to be legitimate costs. Also don't forget that the major requests today were made by AF, who has to date appeared to be a fairly competent and meticulously organized attorney who follows the rules, asks for things properly and seems to have so far earned HHJP's respect.

In short, there was nothing today, at least related to JAC payments, that really had any chance of being turned down. It was all reasonable and well and properly presented.

Now JB being JB and trying to stall on the motion to strike and play games with scheduling experts... yeah that had no chance of flying.

Reading your post, it occurs to me that personally, I have less of an emotional reaction to time/money being spent on mitigation. And I feel more respectful to AF. She seems to be quite the pro. That's a tough job (mitigation), I can only imagine how tough it is in this case in particular, not just because of the client, but also because of the parents and co-counsel.

Just turned on In-Session and the very first thing I hear is JB disparaging the correctional officer "who was dismissed for inappropriate behavior."

This from the attorney who was reminded about the inappropriate contact with his client, right? And who may or may not have had "licorice incidents" with her (I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one).

Let alone may/may not be guilty of smuggling letters and correspondence to/from client and her family, etc.

The irony is rich...

I agree Tulessa. I think Faefrost hit the nail on the head with her post.

For anyone who still believes that a plea deal is a possibility....please watch this video hearing. My opinion is no way in hades. These 2 sides wouldn't be able to agree on the location of the nearest bathroom, much less reach a plea deal.

:floorlaugh:
Thank you! I needed that laugh (guffaw) today!!!!!

And yet he completely misses that her "inaapropriate behavior" was breaking the rules and by being kind to his client and trying to soften her incarceration a bit. You know like he did and does with the smuggled contraband inappropriate touching and internet use etc. :maddening:

Her inappropriate behavior was she treated his client nice and got burned for it. Gee? Where have we heard that story before?

Here is my opinion of JP awarding the defence the money they are asking for as well as any in the future, I feel the JP is fully aware that once this case is done, that the JAC will hire an attorney to go thru all of the money spent to see where there was money awarded and not spent properly, JP has already told JB so much in an earlier hearing, so give him enough rope and he will surly hang himself...

I feel the court has all the necessary equipment to handle the video conferencing without spending anymore taxpayer dollars. They can use skype or the system already in place which I believe is state of the art. It is annoying that JB is spending taxpayer dollars so freely. JMO

bbm
:floorlaugh:
Jose Jose tsk tsk... you shouldn't be going there...
Pot meet Kettle
Jose+Casey=Inappropriate Behavior..as warned by Jail Officials

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me