2011.03.24 Frye Hearing - Morning portion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on this morning's witness is that he did a bang up job. JB tried from the get go to attack and discredit. This witness held his cool. He drove home many points beyond what JB was trying to get at. All in all, score one for Team Caylee. I kept wondering why LDB wasn't objecting. She is one smart cookie. She didn't have to in the end, because the Judge did a hell of a job taking care of JB.

1:15 seems to be hours away.:crazy: I sure hope that this afternoon's hearing is more productive that the one I saw this morning. Baez IMO was badgering the heck out of K-9 HANDLER Deputy Jason Forgey. It just doesn't seem fair that Baez can waste so much of the courts time and tax payers money.
The judge even had to remind Baez that what is said in the Grand Jury stays sealed. What kind of attorney has a judge hold his hand at the hearings to remind him of what he can or can not say or do? I pray to the heavenly father that this case doesn't end up acquitted due to ineffective counsel. :cow:

1:15 seems to be hours away.:crazy: I sure hope that this afternoon's hearing is more productive that the one I saw this morning. Baez IMO was badgering the heck out of K-9 HANDLER Deputy Jason Forgey. It just doesn't seem fair that Baez can waste so much of the courts time and tax payers money.
The judge even had to remind Baez that what is said in the Grand Jury stays sealed. What kind of attorney has a judge hold his hand at the hearings to remind him of what he can or can not say or do? I pray to the heavenly father that this case doesn't end up acquitted due to ineffective counsel. :cow:

BBM - I'm almost beginning to think that might be their angle...

Welcome SapphireSky, I'm a newbie too and I am so glad I found this site

Why did Baez want to treat Officer Forgey? as a hostile witness? I missed it. Baez was about to put me to sleep droning on and on.
Because "quite frankly," Fogery is on to Baez (who wants to discredit and belittle the dogs and especially the handler) and is not answering his questions with the answers that Baez wants. ( Mostly because Baez's questions are so disorganized and nonsense)The dog handler was someone who helped train this dog, and the dog is trained to specific areas and items, according to what the dog is asked to look for. Either Baez just does not get this or is trying to make the whole cadaver dog & handler training and relationship look like junk science.

So how would this be handled on appeal? If I'm not mistaken, an appeal here would go to the circuit court, or am I off base?

An appeal goes to the appellate court. HHJP is the chief administrative judge of the trial courts in Florida's Ninth Judicial circuit. So on top of legal stuff he also handles the budgets for those courts.

He was listed as a witness for both sides and I think as he was getting the better of Baez (not hard to do) then Baez tried to convince the Judge he was an adverse or hostile witness - what happens if/when this were to occur I don't know - hopefully one of the lawyers can step in and answer. I presume Baez was thinking the witness was not responsive or cooperative enough for his liking.

BBM~~ and I am no lawyer..It appears that the witness could not respond to JB's liking because JB was jumping all over the place, using terms inappropriate for his question, not to mention confusing dates with his questions...Is it just me?? or does JB do that with all witnesses?? Or does he just do that with witnesses when he has no clue on what he is doing??..I dont know..But there's alot of subjects this lawyer is oblivious..and tries to cover it up with scarcasm and rudeness..:loser:

From previous cases I have watched, it is the ones who do not answer, who give attitude, who go off topic, who refuse to answer questions...Hummm Does Cindy and George fit that description?????

ITA with the poster that just said that this today is almost like the defense taking a depo instead of a frye hearing!

Let's get this ball rolling on frye! The real thing starts in May come He!! or highwater. Caylee has waited long enough for justice

I think this was a motion in limine..

I wish I didn't feel this way but deep down I feel the defense is going to pull some crazy stunt, anything they can do to keep this trial from starting in May....I don't trust them one bit........
Cindy and George could also do something to stop the trial from moving forward as planned....

This time I don't wanna be right!

It'll be interesting to see if he treats Dr Vass as disrespectfully as he treated Deputy Forgey - I think Not. Baez is a bully plain and simple. But Deputy Forgey bested JB IMO. And what can I say about JA & LDB......just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, it was quite silly. He said that since the witness was listed by the State, he was hostile. OMG.
If he needs a definition of hostile witness....ummmm.....just look at the defendant's parents. Just sayin.

IIRC---he had that silly little smirk when LDB was questioning ga and ga being hostile towards her....someone needs to sit him down and discribe hostle...oh wait....there is a tape with ICA out there going off on her parents for asking silly little questions as to where her daughter could be and she couldn't swallow.....:waitasec:

Mods can we get a new thread before the hearing starts at 1:15, please and thank you

Some interesting results when Googling phrases related to defendant's demeanor in the courtroom. I'd love to read this entire article (how much is a LexisNexis account?):

Courtroom Demeanor: The Theatre of the Courtroom

Hi ynotdivein. Found this site that you can download the article (free):

http://www.minnesotalawreview.org/content/courtroom-demeanor-theater-courtroom-0

Courtroom Demeanor: The Theater of the Courtroom (61 pages)http://www.minnesotalawreview.org/sites/default/files/Levenson_final.pdf

IMO and just an observation on Casey in the courtroom. Her demeanor will not help her with a jury! The jury will hear testimony from LE and CPS about how detached she appeared during questioning and interviews. They will listen to tapes of Casey and hear that detachment. They will see her busing herself with folders and notepads in the courtroom. It's a really bad idea to have Casey sifting through papers and folders and endlessly taking notes. She lifts her head from her "paperwork" and pays attention to testimony when she disagrees with the testimony, hears something she doesn't like or someone makes a joke. Not good! The defense better get her in shape for the trial if they want to stand a chance with a jury. Not that they have a shot in hell anyway.

It'll be interesting to see if he treats Dr Vass as disrespectfully as he treated Deputy Forgey - I think Not. Baez is a bully plain and simple. But Deputy Forgey bested JB IMO. And what can I say about JA & LDB......just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think Sims is doing that one......:okay::dunno::pullhair::beersign:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member