2011.04.01 MOD ONLY: Frye Hearing Summary (READ ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CA: odor in entire car, opened windows, hood and trunk.

Cindy took backpack out of trunk. She put Febreeze and dryer sheets in the car.

After GA went to work she took items out to air out. She sprayed the car with fabreeze and placed dryer sheets. Let car open that night. Then closed it when she left the house to get amy

CA: what I had done = there were several items in the car, kc left purses, backpack of caylee's, took that out, mama doll out, sprayed whole car w/febreze and put dryer sheets in the car
JA did ya seal car?
CA no I left it open, left open that night, shut the garage door, i came home 5:30 - 6 went and got Amy and then lee came
JA objection to narrative
HHBP sustained

Did you guys see LDB ask Jose to stop clicking his pen???????????? CLASSIC!!! She even did the pen clicking hand motion at him!! LOVE her.

JB how long do you believe trunk car was open before cops came confiscated car
CA cops came, trunk open since 2:00 in afternoon when they got it - until after midnight on the 16th.
JB trunk open for 10 hrs?
CA possibly
JB Oakridge or LE sample the air there?
CA NO

JA do you have choloroform in your home, garage, work
CA I have never been around chloroform

JA is lookin for CA's depo

JA is dragging out CA's depo... Here we go...

JB asking if anyone ever sampled the garage air.

JA asking if she kept chloroform in garage, etc. He know is pulling out previous depo testimony.

CA says "it's possible" that car sat in garage for 10 hours.

CA says no chloroform in her garage, she never been around it, never worked with it!

Did she just get caught in a lie??

moo

re depo: JA asking her about the dryer sheets. In her depo CA stated that she didn't recognize the dryer sheets in the trunk.

He just impeached her.

JA: - Depo states cindy says she did not put dryer sheets in the car

JA Why is your testimony changing today?

CA Stuff keeps coming back to me

Oh lordy....here we go with the "I don't know...that was 2 yrs ago...I was on new meds...anti-depressants..." blah, blah... excuses for why her testimony is different today re: the dryer sheets.

JA pg 323 line 10 of CA's depo - did you put that dryer sheet there?
CA i don't remember putting the dryer sheet there - don't see a reason why i would do that?
JA do you dispute that you said this?
CA not if it's recorded (from 2008) I remember that i did - it was very traumatic for me and still, i don't remember day of deposition, i was on new medication - new anti-depressant "yes i did ms. burdick".
JA please direct questions not to co-counsel

JA asked judge to instruct CA not to direct comments to co counsel.

CA- At that time it was the worst thing I had ever smelled in my life.

ICA smiled at her mom and said "thank you"

Next witness is up.

Kenneth Furton

Air and chloroform first.

Review of Furton's background and qualifications - publishing education, etc.

JB asks witness "when discussing this technical stuff, can you slow it down?"....."would appreciate that..."

JB already having a hard time understanding?

Furton describes his experience with odor signatures of forensic evidence - how dogs perceive scents applied to development of machines that can detect same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren