2011.04.06 Sidebar Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After today's hearing, I have a couple of observations.

1. DCS is going to lose a jury. She is so monotone, that people may just fall asleep. I'm sure she is good at what she does, but her presentation needs some help.

2. JB's theatrics today. In the words of JA... I don't even know what to say. His read-along PowerPoint, IMO was completely ineffective, and somewhat insulting to the court.

It seems that neither DCS or JB have any idea what a Frye hearing is. :waitasec:

JA did a great job. Kept his composure. He was very confident.

It was a plaid shirt with a gray sweater over it. I'm still hoping they will move her closer to a more professional look--simple shell and a blazer. It seems they would want to make her look more... well, dressy. :waitasec:

IMO Cindy is the one providing the clothes and she's buying exactly what she wants. IMO The defense doesn't have the money or the time to be shopping for her. It's gonna be all up to Cindy. With that passive agressive thing the two of them have going on...wardrobe selection should be very entertaining! Between the get up she wore today, the hair tube, and the loss of her crayon box...Casey was looking mighty miserable today!

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who may want to offer their best guess on where jury selection will be held. I may be able to cross reference some interesting databases (not at liberty to share) that may point to hot spots for jury selection.

I guess, Jacksonville.

Ok, now that we've had a drink (or 2) can someone please explain to me what the heck was going on with the expert from New York that Baez refused to grant the prosecutors access to speak to him?

I'm still lost on that one. What I got out of it, was the DT would object if he was used. The state said he was hired by the DT, so why would they object to their own witness? :waitasec::waitasec:

I'm still lost on that one. What I got out of it, was the DT would object if he was used. The state said he was hired by the DT, so why would they object to their own witness? :waitasec::waitasec:

IMO their expert agreed with the prosecution in some aspects and Jose is calling it work product and protected by privledge

Ok, now that we've had a drink (or 2) can someone please explain to me what the heck was going on with the expert from New York that Baez refused to grant the prosecutors access to speak to him?
...and what was the final decision...or end result?

It looked to me like there was a gray "sweater" over a shirt and pants ? It was hard to tell if it was "sown" together ...

But I don't think even Ellie Mae from the Beverly Hillbillies would wear that outfit.

:crazy:

I disagree somewhat, it was so much better than the form fitting sweaters especially the one with a scoop neck that showed some decolletage. She looked under dressed but much better than the look promoted previously.

I was straining to hear and couldn't so I'm waiting for Bill Sheaffer to report on the hearing.. from the brief report on WFTV's website it sounds like they think the Prosecution was way more convincing.

IMO Cindy is the one providing the clothes and she's buying exactly what she wants. IMO The defense doesn't have the money or the time to be shopping for her. It's gonna be all up to Cindy. With that passive agressive thing the two of them have going on...wardrobe selection should be very entertaining! Between the get up she wore today, the hair tube, and the loss of her crayon box...Casey was looking mighty miserable today!

BBM: LOL ... :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Today's outfit was just that: entertaining ! So different than what we have seen her wear in the past.

Maybe the folks from ... oh never mind ... I do not want to give the DT any suggestions.

I was straining to hear and couldn't so I'm waiting for Bill Sheaffer to report on the hearing.. from the brief report on WFTV's website it sounds like they think the Prosecution was way more convincing.

I couldn't hear the outcome either. Was VERY frustrating. I hope they work the bugs outta that sound system by Friday

http://www.wftv.com/video/27454251/index.html
Bill Sheaffer states Dr.Vass' findings dovetails with all the other evidence and may very well come in as an appeal court wouldn't be able to sort out what the jury relied on, but the totality of the evidence would show the same conclusion. (I think that's what he said!)

HHJP was going to read New York case law? but before JP made that statement he looked at Baez and questioned about something being hearsay?

I missed the part in the hearing when this issue came up and why. Why was HHJP specifically, point blank asking Baez what his response would be if the SA's served the expert to appear for testimony.

Vodka and Velveeta for my peeps.

images

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd[URL="http://www.americansweets.co.uk/ekmps/shops/statesidecandy/images/velveeta-cheese-8oz-stick-dated-22.12.10-3484-p.jpg"]http://www.americansweets.co.uk/ekmps/shops/statesidecandy/images/velveeta-cheese-8oz-stick-dated-22.12.10-3484-p.jpg9GcT8tmHm1p3EVe1Moce1UqNoVxHLNNcP6jbfPKeWX5bspHPxVozB[/URL]

velveeta-cheese-8oz-stick-dated-22.12.10-3484-p.jpg

Pass the vodka and hold the velveeta - even though it has been more than 20 years since my children were small - I never allowed them to eat that stuff.

Actually I didn't let them eat Kraft mac & cheese either but they both got back at me by stocking up as soon as they moved out.:maddening: :great:

Pass the vodka and hold the velveeta - even though it has been more than 20 years since my children were small - I never allowed them to eat that stuff.

Actually I didn't let them eat Kraft mac & cheese either but they both got back at me by stocking up as soon as they moved out.:maddening: :great:

is Velveeta really even food? I would never let my kid eat it either. :sick: My thing is if it doesn't rot, it's not really food and we don't eat it;)

Sheaffer said the defense went at the hearing with a sledgehammer and the prosecution went at it with a scalpel - with only six questions they got the expert to agree that Vass was accepted within the scientific community!!

HHJP was going to read New York case law? but before JP made that statement he looked at Baez and questioned about something being hearsay?

I missed the part in the hearing when this issue came up and why. Why was HHJP specifically, point blank asking Baez what his response would be if the SA's served the expert to appear for testimony.
...and maybe I'm wrong...but it was JP who brought all of this up in the first place. I think he's already studied the case law behind NY's decision.

Sheaffer said the defense went at the hearing with a sledgehammer and the prosecution went at it with a scalpel - with only six questions they got the expert to agree that Vass was accepted within the scientific community!!
Were you there today, Amil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member