2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you need to know whether the site is suitable to dumping a body without being seen. How close is the nearest house? Is there vegetation or water....etc.

Again, this speaks directly to my point. None of the things you've listed, vegetation, water, etc... can be adequately determined using Google Maps. Enter your own address in Google Maps and you'll see what I mean. It's not in real time, the resolution is not there, etc... You could be looking at an image that may be days, weeks, months, or even years old in some cases. Remember also, that this was a housing development under construction. The look of it changed almost daily. Nobody in their right mind, or even a homicidal mind, would pick a place to dump a body based on a Google Maps image. I fully agree that this is suspicious behavior, but it is greatly devalued as evidence IMO, becasue the prosecution didn't offer some some sort of plausible connection of the behavior to the actual crime. Does anybody know if the defense did a demonstration of Google Maps for the jury? Becasue I would think that if they had, it would have pretty much neutralized this as evedence altogether.

I think he did kill NC, but I don't think the Pro's did a good job presenting their case. I am also surprised at the ammount of evidence the jury is asking for. I was thinking they would come back NG, but now I am not so sure.

Again, this speaks directly to my point. None of the things you've listed, vegetation, water, etc... can be adequately determined using Google Maps. Enter your own address in Google Maps and you'll see what I mean. It's not in real time, the resolution is not there, etc... You could be looking at an image that may be days, weeks, months, or even years old in some cases. Remember also, that this was a housing development under construction. The look of it changed almost daily. Nobody in their right mind, or even a homicidal mind, would pick a place to dump a body based on a Google Maps image. I fully agree that this is suspicious behavior, but it is greatly devalued as evidence IMO, becasue the prosecution didn't offer some some sort of plausible connection of the behavior to the actual crime. Does anybody know if the defense did a demonstration of Google Maps for the jury? Becasue I would think that if they had, it would have pretty much neutralized this as evedence altogether.

I think by Friday afternoon, BC had his plan for the night all worked out.
He was just going through it in his mind using google maps as a visual aid.

I want to know what part of the deposition the jury wants to look at!

Remember a lot of times the jury takes it upon themselves to do their own "investigation" and figure it all out on their own. Let's just see if they get past the google searches and depos.

Sounds like from what the are asking for they are no where close to making a decision. All I know is those depo tapes really did him in.. so if they are asking for them, it sounds like they are leaning towards G.

Don't know much about the depo tapes, other than the the fact that he apparently told some lies. What was in there that was so damaging?

Don't know much about the depo tapes, other than the the fact that he apparently told some lies. What was in there that was so damaging?

7 hours of lies. Why would yo lie if you are innocent? Stories changed too much, different stories from what he told police and what he said in depos. The best testimony to watch is Det Daniels, because they pull it all out for the jury and show each lie as they watch and pull apart the depo.

BC lied many times in that deposition, IMO. I wish the jury would listen to it in BC's own voice again.

Cummings also reminded the jury how many times BC had bought Naked Green Juice even after the girls had moved to Canada.

I hope that they keep the map image of Fielding Drive in mind and most importantly, when he did the Google search for it.

The map and the depo lies ought to do it, IMO, but I am not on the jury.

I know! I wonder if we will find out?
I am sitting here watching the flag waiting for any words LOL

I wish they would at least let us watch the court...watching folks walk in and out and chat it up is better than just seeing the flag.

BC's lies were more than apparent.

They were blatant.

He also said he didn't know where the body-site / Fielding Dr was "had no reason to go there" even after body was discovered .... but yet he Google searched the map the day *before* his wife was murdered. The depos are 7 hours of "Brad-Speak". IOW ... fabrication upon misleading upon denial upon BS. The depos, in BCs mind, was all about *him*. Making *him* look good. 7 hours of it ...

Oh.... but he cared about status. It goes along with the BMW's, his iron men competitions, the things they bought. They could have done many things to cut back and should have communicated about it. It should never be an "I" decision it should be a "we" decision. One never gets "buy in" if decisions are forced on them.

I am really not sure that he was that interested in status.

7 hours of lies. Why would yo lie if you are innocent? Stories changed too much, different stories from what he told police and what he said in depos. The best testimony to watch is Det Daniels, because they pull it all out for the jury and show each lie as they watch and pull apart the depo.

It was also pointed out to the jury just how many times BC began an answer with "To the best of my knowledge" in that depo.

**Sometimes that is the preface of some of his lies.

MOO

Wasn't it Cummings that talked about the green juice in closings? Saying Brad was thirsty, and showing how he wiped his brow coming in HT? Some made fun of him talking about that, but at the time I thought it was effective.....another small, significant lie. He mentioned how after the girls had went to Canada, he had bought it something like 14 times. Devil is in the details. This jury was paying attention.

SE#5 and SE#6 are not photos (as the jury indicated). Judge asked for clarification.

SE#5 call dispatch record Fire Dept (dispatch & arrival time)
SE#6 Wake County sheriff's deputy Karen Harper's notes from 7/14

Wasn't it Cummings that talked about the green juice in closings? Saying Brad was thirsty, and showing how he wiped his brow coming in HT? Some made fun of him talking about that, but at the time I thought it was effective.....another small, significant lie. He mentioned how after the girls had went to Canada, he had bought it something like 14 times. Devil is in the details. This jury was paying attention.

Exactly right, Lori59! And then didn't Krista say that the girls had not asked for it since they moved to Canada? IIRC

I disagree, I was IN construction for 18 years and a construction site is a perfect place to dump a body. Especially a site that is phased. All the infrastructure is in, but not many or any people in some areas. Even the lighting is limited.

A man that is leaving two small children alone in the house while he finishes up his project most certainly wouldn't venture far from home.

I absolutely love the American flag, but I do want to see the courtroom!

**I have already hung my flag on the house because Memorial Day is the end of this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95