2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, writing off interest on taxes and smarter than just keeping it on the credit cards. <modsnip>

No it's not. There are 2 HUGE issues with doing this. First, you move the debt from an unsecured asset to a secured asset. If you don't pay your credit card bill, there isn't a whole heck of a lot they can do. They'll eventually sue you (maybe), but that could take forever. If you don't pay your heloc (due to job loss, emergency, whatever), they will take your house. Second, most people that take a heloc to consolidate debt don't change the behavior that got them there in the first place. So they run the credit cards right back up because they feel like they accomplished something by "paying off their debt". Of course, they didn't pay off anything. The Coopers did that (his check against his credit card bounced).

How about just pay off your debt, cut up your credit cards, and pay for the stuff you buy with money. I've been debt free (except mortgage) for 6 years now. Life is so much calmer this way. Another 7 and I'll be mortgage free as well. I'll never borrow another dollar as long as I live.

When did BC lie to the police and lead the investigation? I missed that. Can you cite some specifics? Not the custody deposition, that doesn't count, that wasn't the police.

Not directly, anyway.

I found the discussion of Defense Exhibit 170.

Harris Teeter purchases:

3/18/08, milk purchased at 1:29AM

4/27/08 Milk, bananas and green juice purchased 1:10AM

So that is what the jury was obviously verifying, the Cooper's used Tide and they also did middle of the night purchases of milk and green juice.

ETA: Listen beginning around 7:20.
http://www.wral.com/specialreports/nancycooper/video/9516020/#/vid9516020

Is that all that is on EXH 170? Interesting!! Maybe they are checking if there are any early morning purchases....

Was that the only hair tie she owned?

I wasn't suggesting, nor was Palomine (?) that she only owned one hair tie. Just an observation that there was one in the pic and it was discussed.

IMO I think its B's or one picked off the floor and placed there after cleaning.

There are probably 40-50 that were in that house.

I wasn't suggesting, nor was Palomine (?) that she only owned one hair tie. Just an observation that there was one in the pic and it was discussed.

IMO I think its B's or one picked off the floor and placed there after cleaning.

That's probably right! I know I have hundreds of them, and can never find one when I want one.

Is that all that is on EXH 170? Interesting!! Maybe they are checking if there are any early morning purchases....

Yes, the middle of the night purchases of milk and green juice were highlighted with the dates to show that it was not unusual for the Cooper's to make these purchases at odd hours.

ETA: and if you look at my previous post, the times are noted.

I respectfully disagree. We talked about this last night, or the night before? But she called police to take the suspicion away from herself. It is chilling to me that she knew something had happened to NC at the time of the police call. I'm sorry. I can't get past it. There was no history of abuse in that marriage. She had no reason to think he did something to her before other possibilities, imo.

If there was not one single qualifier of an abusive relationship there, then why have so many posters come forward and shared their personal stories and say they relate to NC? Were you in a DV marriage? If your answer is no, perhaps you need to spend less time invalidating the emotional experiences of many others, and devote more time to trying to identify with those experiences.

You can't stop thinking about JA? Well, I can't stop thinking about BC and his face yesterday when Cummings finished his closing.

Thank you for making this basic for the likes of me. The router speaks volumes about the entire case. Brad, IMO, premeditated NC's death. If you watch his face at certain times, the arrogance and the hatred for NC, when her name is mentioned, is apparent. It is not his facial expression, but his eyes. Frankly, he is creepy, especially when he's trying to keep his face neutral.

There is evidence of faking the call, the means and the opportunity to take her life. It is my belief that he is GUILTY in the FIRST DEGREE,

I think people see what they want to see. Where is the evidence of his spoofing the call?

Sorry, took Palomine's post to mean it was "interesting" in that it might be the one she was wearing or something like that, not just coincidentally interesting. Carry on.

No gbay. Defense records were requested! # 4 and #170. I'm sorry. This is not to verify the state's case that BC purchased green juice after the girls were in Canada.

We don't really know why they asked for them...it is merely speculation on my part...and of course on yours!!

I think she was joking? I took it that way.

But that wasn't what you said. You said JA looked the way she did bc she lied. Well, BC lied as well. So in one scenario, someone can look poorly because they lie and have privilege, and in another scenario, someone can look poorly and lie because he lives in a jail. It seems the thing in common is not what they have, or where they live, but what they have done, which in your opinion, lie. So which one is it? We know BC is a liar.

If you are going to quote me, please quote me correctly, I said:
Maybe it is guilt. Guilt does do that to people.
I think you are trying to over simply things, but that is ok, go ahead. I know what I said and so do others if they look at everything said and don't add words inbetween.

That's a good one but I think maybe the garage was cleaned, so he could get the vehicle in there... then she was put in the trunk leaving no chance at all to be seen by neighbors or passers by.

So then he came back and moved a couple of toys in the way? What purpose would that server? If it was to make it look like a car wouldn't fit, why not move more back. Would have taken less than a minute to do.

When did BC lie to the police and lead the investigation? I missed that. Can you cite some specifics? Not the custody deposition, that doesn't count, that wasn't the police.

BTW, it is not against the law or obstruction to not talk to the police.

When someone gives a deposition, they swear under an oath just like they are a witness in a trial.

I just thought it was strange to be there because the hair tie was mentioned in closing arguments

That looked like a child's hair band, NCs hair would have been too thick for that. Nonetheless, if you have those types of hair ties you usually have more than one. I found one in the corner of the kitchen counter yesterday when I moved the cookie cutter jar.

The Windows System log thing about a duplicate IP on the LAN was nothing more than a ruse by the prosecution. There was some mention of it on Friday but when it came time to put the cards on the table the prosecution folded. It was never presented as evidence. There was no such log entry or they would have shown it. Also it wouldn't have taken them 2 1/2 years to find the alleged log entry. It did NOT exist.

CF gave his testimony without the jury on Friday afternoon. We couldn't watch since it was a motion to suppress. But he obviously had something to testify about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717