2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you feel the same way about GM who testified they went to lunch at 1:00 on Friday...but after some gentle prodding by Boz got him to change that to between 1:00 and 1:30? I mean if left for lunch at 1:00, he couldn't have done the search at 1:15 or whatever time it was. So does that make GMs testimony less credible like the Food Lion guy?

The problem with that, is not only was Mr. Cooper looking at google maps, he was also checking his bank account (password protected) and the weather using similar keystrokes. I find it inconceivable that Mr. Cooper shared his bank account password with anyone, including his wife. The Food Lion guy is negated by Zednick who also claimed to have seen Nancy at 7:10.

Who do you believe GM to be ?

It looks like they just sit there all day? I can't imagine how boring that would be.

bailiff says a list of questions is forthcoming from jury.

when bailiff told JG he made a motion with his hands to indicate list was long (held hands 6-8 inches apart)

Hi Annie and Amster

Golo is tweets and comments found on WRAL.
Go to WRAL click on the cooper case and you will see the comments on the right side of the screen.

Warning NC is horribly victimized...:banghead:

jmo

Thanks. I don't understand the defense reasoning. Or, those who are carrying the defense message. Saying degrading and cruel things about Nancy makes Bradley look good how?? Nancy deserved to die? Ugh :loser:

Interesting about the CE. 100 cents make a dollar and every cent by itself is nothing but at what point do we look at the sum of pennies and say...yeah, It's a dollar. Taking all of the actions over a few months I think there is more than enough to say guilty of m1. Agree to disagree I guess.

When it is 100 pennies, you can say it is a dollar.

I thought Food Lion guy clocked in at 7:24. That would make 7:15 at Lochmere & Kildaire much more likely.

How did we get to 7:15 ? Not Food Lion guy. As noted Zednick also claims to have seen Nancy at the same time in a different place. Simpley does not add up.

That guy is not really FBI and I don't understand why some think the FBI is impeachable. They have had their share of controversies. Also whoever said JW wanted to be in the FBI? That so called FBI guy didn't have much experience examining computers anyway and had poor explanations for the descrepencies. It was shown by JW how easy it is to boot a computer using any of a number of Linux Live CD's to manipulate files on the computer's disk without there being any evidence in the Windows event log. Files were obviously shown to have been tampered with or planted by someone. In fact it only takes minutes to do this. It would seem to me that this is what happenned especially given the fact that all of the files in question had identical time stamps down to the millasecond. This doesn't happen during a real search, zoom, etc. Here is how easy it is to do this:

1.) Clear cache and use a Windows PC and MSIE to do google maps search for Fielding Dr. or whatever that zip code was.

2.) Copy the cache files that were generated to the USB drive.

3.) Boot the PC Using Operator Live Linux CD (Runs entirely in RAM)

4.) mkdir /mnt/usb (create mount point for USB drive)

5.) mkdir /mnt/c (create mount point for PC's C: drive)

6.) mnt /dev/sdd1 /mnt/usd (mount USB drive)

7.) mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 /mnt/c

8.) cp /mnt/c/* "/mnt/c/Documents and Settings/username/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files" (copy cache files to the browser cache directory)

10.) touch -t 200807110115.15 (for each of the copied cache file names) I don't rem the exact time stamp of the files for the alleged search so the time string might be different from this)

One could create a tmp dir and copy the files there and then do a touch 200807110115.15 * and then move them to the Temporary Internet Files directory and then delete the tmp directory. However there are tools that could see the deleted temp directory if the defense desired to use them. An ever better way would have been to use a loop construct to increment a counter to add to the seconds so all of the files wouldn't have an identical time stamp. Even this would look fishy upon close analysis and the time difference between all of the files would be the same. However it would look better than all files having the exact same time stamp.

The above process is so easy even a cave man can do it. You can pretty much follow the above steps verbatim.

I am aware this COULD be done, a further questions is why and who did it? A cave man could do it if someone laid a road map of how to do it but why would the FBI? IMO that's like saying, hey here's the blood on brad's clothing but obviously the CPD and FBI colaborated and planted it. It COULD have happened but really?
If memory serves JW said he applied for FBI. FBI are not 100%, I agree, are they more believable to a jury than some self taught guy who isn't as qualified as the defendant...I think so. mo.
I don't agree with the "obviously Planted" statement. Neither did the expert.

The first part of the paragraph you quoted is eerily familiar:

Lamb, writing boastfully in The Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, said that they made sure that jurors would not see how the "disclosures" were made, just that they would only read what social workers wrote down.

JY only made notes of BC answers to questions during interviews not the questions.

The whole "super secret FBI methods" story.

Not sure what happened to all of them. the article said 2 pleaded nolo contendere and 2 appealed and won.

Case overturned
Six months after Betsy's release, the North Carolina Court of Appeals overturned the convictions of both Robert Kelly and Dawn Wilson, stating that there were legal errors by the prosecution [7][8]. On May 23, 1997, the prosecution dropped all charges related to the Little Rascals case against the two.

The others
The charges were dropped against Shelly Stone, Darlene Harris and Robin Byrum. Byrum had by now spent one year in prison awaiting trial. After serving three years in jail, Scott Privott had his bond reduced from $1 million to $50,000, and he was released on bond. Rather than face a trial Scott Privott accepted a "no contest" plea.

Very sad what happened to these people, the community and the kids. A very interesting case, especially since police had *just* attended a seminar on satanic ritual abuse in children. There were many things in these trials that shouldn't have occurred that's for sure.

From article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Rascals_day_care_sexual_abuse_trial

bailiff says a list of questions is forthcoming from jury.

when bailiff told JG he made a motion with his hands to indicate list was long (held hands 6-8 inches apart)

Are you in the courtroom? I don't have any sound on the live feed.

One more thought in regards to planting computer files and tampering. It has been put forward that someone planted the google map. A google map? not some self inciminating note in the deleted files that's says, "I'm going to KILL nc!"... and they planted it to look like he was there for 40 some odd seconds, not 3 minuites or 10 minutes? They didn't want to plant a "how to kill someone and get away with it" cookie from a website... no, they planted a google map.

What types of questions do you think they could be asking? In the past I have only seen jury's ask questions related to charges, further explanation of the degrees.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members