2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On tv shows, the attorneys are always back at their offices and then rush to the court house when the verdict is ready. Wonder why these attys are just sitting there. I'd think they should have a lot of work to do in their offices.

Seems a bit odd to me, too, B-R, but maybe this is just how it's done. I would think that all the principals have "go-fers" for things they might need in their offices, etc., and surely they have pc's that they are allowed to use in the court room, and maybe they can use their phones...

And for several requests that the jury has had, the Judge told the attys, and got their opinions/agreements -- I guess this method is less dramatic (than on TV), but more reasonable & convenient for them all, including the jury. Who knows
icon5.gif

So, false alarm?

BTW that wasn't fair to cut the camera audio on right at that point of 'handed the verdict envelope'.

I was watching on ABC11 & BC is in the court room. I ran to get my headphones because I figured he wouldn't be there unless it was verdict time. Now a break. Hope they'll have a verdict when they get back? Why else would BC be in the court room?

Are y'all seeing this on the live feed? All I'm seeing is rainbow bars?

When the feed cut back in, all I heard was something about the verdict envelope. I would have thought that it would have been addressed more clearly if the actual verdict was in but I really don't understand the jury wanting to take a 15 minute break so soon after returning from a 2 hour lunch.

it has to be taken out of jury room each time jury leaves...there is a smoker on the jury and they don't know what the question is until everyone is in court

iucpa - can you tell us from inside the courtroom what just happened??

Confusion here too. I thought I heard a verdict had been reached. There is no buzz at all in the courtroom. BC did stay during break.

my chest nearly exploded. I am way too attached to this case. I need therapy!

Thanks to you and cityslick! OK; appreciated and understood.

Actually, this whole BC trial seems to have brought out the total worst in some people. <modsnip>; the revolting and classless cussing on twitter @ WRAL is immensely huge! Pray to God my spoken or written word never mirrors what I've read.

Has nothing to do with the real perp (BC, imo) and logic screams that out, IMO, that it was him. It appears to be all to do with people accepting law; proven hard-core facts, the quality of CPD ... plus media, InterNet chatter ... and the NGs wanting a foolproof videoed smoking gun of BC in the act. As in if BC wasn't actually filmed doing this - then NO - he couldn't possibly have done it. Irrespective of the logical, reasonable string of dots that hang his testimony.

Are our brains becoming that demented that IT Techies could outsmart common thinking? So scary. Just don't know ... to me - no question of BC's culpability. None. (Scary in Cary???)

Interesting ... just my thoughts ...

I'm on the NG side, and I only want two things, that are eminently and easily provable by an effective and through prosecution:

1) Demonstrate in the courtroom; with a land line phone, 8325 Router, laptop and cellphone, that it is possible to make a 32 second spoofed call.

2) Put on a witness that can explain and demonstrate how a Microsoft glitch can cause invalid time stamp.....

I say the last is most important, because invalid time stamps are viewed by competent Computer Forensics Experts as the most likely signs of computer tampering. And yes I know......

Fix those two same items and I'm guilty all the way, even with the lack of medical and other trace evidence in the house or in the car.

We just got the info that the jury has a "long list of questions..." So why would anyone think that means they reached a verdict? GEEZ. Let's not start false rumors.

Could someone kindly post the link to abc stream ..wral is not doing it for me..TYIA

I'd swear I heard him say jury has reached a verdict. Maybe these court cases are making me psychotic.

Are y'all seeing this on the live feed? All I'm seeing is rainbow bars?

Hey darlin. I have rainbow too. They took a break and as someone else said they turn that envelope in for every break and lunch and at night.

We just got the info that the jury has a "long list of questions..." So why would anyone think that means they reached a verdict? GEEZ. Let's not start false rumors.

Hey Iucpa is there and heard the same thing.

Maybe a break to use the bathroom and freshen up before the verdict. At least I hope that is what it is.

Aren't they required to turn in the verdict forms every time they leave the jury room, even for a break, to ensure the integrity of the forms ?

I'd swear I heard him say jury has reached a verdict. Maybe these court cases are making me psychotic.

Nothing like getting the blood pressure going. If there is no verdict I'm baffled as to why they need a break after only an hour.

Seems a bit odd to me, too, B-R, but maybe this is just how it's done. I would think that all the principals have "go-fers" for things they might need in their offices, etc., and surely they have pc's that they are allowed to use in the court room, and maybe they can use their phones...

And for several requests that the jury has had, the Judge told the attys, and got their opinions/agreements -- I guess this method is less dramatic (than on TV), but more reasonable & convenient for them all, including the jury. Who knows
icon5.gif

At least one attorney for each side needs to be present in the event the Judge needs to make some sort of ruling on a jury request. Additionally, in a case of this magnitude, the attorneys have completely cleaned their calendars for the duration of the trial, so there is not much to do back at the office.

I was on the jury for a teen rape trial, a federal case of mail fraud and money laundering (alternate juror), and an assault trial. I can't imagine being on a murder trial, but I should think I would want a break before handing in the verdict and being confronted by the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966