2011.05.09 - Jury Selection Day One

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does JB get up and start asking questions then admit when asked for specifics that he doesn't remember details, it was over a year ago.JA has to stand up and start explaining...:banghead:

Finally home! And see they are arguing the motion to compel. JA: they asked nonscientific questions in the deposition lol

Wow he's going to give them this, on the very very eve of trial.

Judge giving JB a science lesson, "we're all made up of molecules".

Oops, Judge has more homework.

Him saying "if convicted of anything" reminds me...one of her charges is providing false information. She can't claim accident and also say she is innocent of that! She can't have it both ways!

He is gonna give it to them, because he does not want to not allow it and then that give grounds for an appeal.

CHBP: There's a secondary issue. What would the FL Sup Ct on a 3851 or 3850 decide about not obtaining that compound (? list of compounds?). If list is not disclosed, even if I let it in, it may come back in the form to bite in the form of a very significant appelate issue, which may end up in this coming back because of 268 chemicals that may or may not have some significance. That's my concern... I spent a lot of time studying Fl Sup Ct, sit down both of you, you both get a lot of time to talk. I have studied each individual justice, and 9 times out of 10 I can predict what they will do with specific cases. Causes a very unsettling feeling in my stomach to think about 486 chemicals that if they are just chemicals what is the big secret about hiding those chemicals, but I don't know...

LOL HHJP just told them to sit down. I thought it looked like Casey had a smirk on her face knowing he's going to allow this. I just hope it doesn't delay long.

HHJP - if not disclosed if I let in it may come back to bite in the form of a sognificant appellate issue - may end up in this coming back

He is gonna give it to them, because he does not want to not allow it and then that give grounds for an appeal.
This is what I think, too. Give it to them, HHJP, cover all the bases. One less thing the DT can whine about if KC is convicted.

CJBP: Even tho defense may be late in the day, it deeply concerns me, it does, I'm going to do some research, it concerns me to the point I have some staff members researching this issue, guess I'll be firing up WestLaw tonight instead of trying to relax because I. Do. Not. Want. To. Do. This. Agaaaain.

Awesome! 21 was way more than I would have guessed!

Yes, BUT they still have at least two more rounds of questioning . . . . I'm still thinkin they're going to have a hard time finding 20 jurors. IMO

If I'm not mistaken - I don't think compelling the chemical information would necessarily allow the DT to impeach Dr. Vass, but it may affect the status of the patent that Dr. Vass has pending.

Wow Vass may be OUT !!!! Judge reviewing,based on JB does not want an appeal:waitasec:

HHBP saying "I.DO.NOT.WANT.TO.DO.THIS.AGAIN!!!"

Me thinks he is not happy with the DT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members