2011.05.09 - Jury Selection Day One

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish the camera would just stay on ICA the whole time while HJBP is reading. I'd love to see her cringe every time he says death penalty.

I think ICA doesn't realize the reason CM is so relaxed is because he doesn't care either way if she is found guilty or not. JB does and he has been staking his career on it.

There is no way CA is ready to hear all of this without breaking down - and she knows it. I think CA is not taking that chance and is waiting for the actual trial to hear any of this. Plus I doubt either of them can take the expense of putting themselves up in a hotel in Clearwater.

Lol, I know a cheap, rundown but very clean hotel that will give them a really good weekly rate.

HHJP: the consitution requires the state to prove their case against the defendant. it is up to the state to prove the defendant guilt by evidence.

Evidence: it is up to you to decide what evidence is reliable. you may find some evidence more reliable or less. consider the way the witness acted. does the witness agree with other testimony...

HHJP: speaking about expert testimony "like other witnesses you may believe all or part of a witness's testimony."

HHJP: Expert witnesses are like other witnesses, except for one thing. Expert witnesses are allowed by the law to give their opinion, but only in the area of their expertise.

CFNews13Casey11 secs agovia Twitter for iPad
2 jurors look very tired. One keeps closing his eyes. Can't tell if he is concentrating or falling asleep. #CaseyAnthony

CFNews13Casey6 mins agovia Twitter for iPad
When judge Perry said death penalty one woman dropped her head and looked at her feet. One man is cracking his knuckles. #CaseyAnthony -fell
========================

CFNews13Casey: http://yfrog.com/user/CFNews13Casey/profile
caseyupdates: http://yfrog.com/user/caseyupdates/profile
OSCaseyAnthony: http://yfrog.com/user/OSCaseyAnthony/profile
KBelichWFTV: http://yfrog.com/user/KBelichWFTV/profile
JudgePerrySays: http://yfrog.com/user/JudgePerrySays/profile

it would have been cool, if when then judge read the charges,
the entire jury pool stood like in the roman coliseum days.
and all stared at casey and gave the thumbs down!

I don't know how.

I am anxious/excited to see what "tricks" he has up his sleeve to try and achieve this.
That's what the talking heads said when C. Judge Perry first took over this case and projected jury selection to start on May 9, 2011, yet Perry made it happen. I'm confident the trial will start when he says it will.

What did Judge Perry say? I missed the most of it. ".....if it gets that far."

Was telling jurors of potential of two decisions to make..."if it gets that far"...meaning the penalty phase (if...WHEN (imo)....found GUILTY!!

Now that right there makes me not fit for the jury. I can NEVER see Casey as not guilty!

I always think that's such an odd thing to say. If she is innocent what's she doing there?

True, but saying she has better things to do rather than what you said is just crass and rude of her!

Why oh why does anyone ever expect CA to be anything else but crass and rude? We know she has no communication or interpersonal skills whatsoever! This trial won't change who she basically is.

My son did that too. All kinds of odd electrical/lighting tricks with me and his friends for about a year. It's Caylee.

OMG you and I are going to have to get together (in another place-:)) to discuss. I've never had anyone who had the same experience to talk to-(would love to compare experiences!) So sorry for your loss :grouphug:

Won't it be something if it is a recurring happening in the courtroom!

:cow:

HHJP: Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT use any electronic forms of communication to talk about this case, do not do research about the case, do not read newspapers, do not watch, listen to or read and type of news what so ever until you are released from jury duty, do not discuss this case amongst yourselves....

it would have been cool, if when then judge read the charges,
the entire jury pool stood like in the roman coliseum days.
and all stared at casey and gave the thumbs down!

That would have been awesome!! :floorlaugh:

HHJP: rules to follow when not in court room. do not speak about it to family and friends. you can tell them you may be away from home for an extended amount of time. do not, I repeat do not use any type of electronic equipment. no tweeting, blogging, email, website or chatroom or any other means at all. do not accept any messages to or from any one in this case. do not do any research: no names, maps or anything else that you may have to do with this case. includes newspapers, news accounts, computers, any electronic means at all to get info on this case or the people in this case. this applies here or at home or any place else...lastly do not discuss this case among themselves. you may be tempted to discuss, "what did they ask you?" if people try to approach you to ask questions regarding your service here: do not discuss. when you go home our loved ones will ask us how we spent out day. for those that are not accused due to hardship: tell them you are being considered for a jury. you can discuss maybe being away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi