2011.05.09 - Jury Selection Day One

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else hearing a SECOND set of voices on top of the court rooms?

I'll take grandmothers who have raised their children to go on and have their own children. Meaning that the juror would have grandchildren. Anyone with a small child in their life works for me. Aunts. Uncles. Grandmothers. Grandfathers. Parents. All the young guys scare me a little bit.

I'm with you on this. I find older people who've raised their children to be more willing to vote "guilty" and for the DP. The younger people haven't lived long enough to see how evil people can be, even young mothers. Remember how many young mothers, and others, on this board who couldn't believe KC would do such a thing in the early days and how they thought Caylee was still alive?

Older people have more experience and have seen more of the unsavory side of life.

1372: hardship? yes. I'm self employed as a house sitter...she has clients...she is married and husband is retired.

HHJP: your income is vital to your household?

we would be limited on our income. it would be hard.

HHJP: are they bills that are necessary for your existance. I do not know your situation. If this would cause a financial hardship or an inconvenience.

it is a second income that is needed.

HHJP: if you didn't have that money what would happen?

bills would get behind...we might catch up eventually...

HHJP: inquire. no questions from each side. step outside.

excused.

KC turned down plea down offered by state this morning (part of which was to tell exactly what happened).

Solace - could you please provide a link to your source for this statement. Thanks so much !

At this rate, perhaps HHJP should just get the rest of them in a room and ask: raise your hand if you have children under ten? In financial trouble if out of work for 8 weeks?

Excuse them all at once and get on with the meat of the selection.

1427: hardship? yes it would. he has no employees. at lock smith. just him.

HHJP: what would happen in two months? think mortgage co would give a pass?

no. ( everyone laughs because it is laffable).

HHJP: excused.

#57 1372 woman

hardship - self employed housekeeper pet sitter, married, her income vital to household existance,

excused for cause

Do What! Are you kidding me....OMG now this is news!

Hold up! My understanding is that the Judge has to ask the defendant this for the record.It wasn't a plea DEAL .He asked if she wanted to plea instead of going to trial.

At this rate, perhaps HHJP should just get the rest of them in a room and ask: raise your hand if you have children under ten? In financial trouble if out of work for 8 weeks?

Excuse them all at once and get on with the meat of the selection.

I think his first question should be, "Who is a pet sitter?". :wink:

Well, as much as I would love to be on this jury...it would be a hardship on me because I have 4 animals.....and every time I go out of town I have to board them. It costs a small fortune. I definitely could not afford to board them for 2 months. WE are talking $1,200 - $1,800. I could not find anybody to come to my house morning, afternoon and night for 2 months.
This may sound silly, but if you have animals you might understand.

1086: hardship? yes. ten year old daughter. only care taker.

HHJP: you can't leave a ten year old alone for six to eight weeks.

no.

HHJP: finances are a issue?

yes.

HHJP: excused.

So they broadcast this offer during court?

LOL this thread is moving so fast no one can see my answers. NOT an offer, simply a quick question, a standard question asked before starting jury selection.:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member