DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#62 1230 male

hardship - work only pays for 5 days, couldn't pay rent or car payment

excused for cause

Sorry for the OT for the thread...just read this up in the daily news section. Guess CA and GA aren't TOO pizzed at their CEO daughter.

Casey's Latest Jailhouse Snack Purchases, Deposits
Parents Deposit Money In Daughter's Account

Casey Anthony's mother deposited $200 in her daughter's jailhouse account over the weekend, jail records show.

My work would have only paid for two weeks, and then whatever I made from the state would have to be paid back over to them. There would be no way I could perform on a jury more than maybe one week without pay, my husband does work but that paycheck is nothing compared to mine, I'm the main bill payor.

It's a shame that our economy is that bad right now.

WFTV reporter Kathi Belich was told that the whole thing could have been avoided Monday because there was discussion of a possible plea deal, but Casey said no. She would have had to admit to every detail of Caylee's murder.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27821780/detail.html

If Casey would say no to a plea deal isn't it safe to say she was highly advised by counsel to do so..........

I know you did lg, just for the record, one more time.
There was NO plea deal.:blowkiss:

Thanks whiteangora - and :blowkiss: back. A poster is now saying Kathi B. reported something about it - but hopefully it can wait until the sidebar so we don't go off into the wild blue yonder and have some documentation in front of us. All of us have first day stressed emotions I suspect.

#63 1107 male

hardship - personal - mother lung cancer 1 year to live (possible)

excuse for cause

Are you sure that HHJP was just checking with ICA that she wanted to maintain her plea of Not Guilty?

That is different to the state offering a deal

It's very easy to find. The very beginning of the first video.
Not a DEAL ,but a standard question for the record.

Can we put this to bed everyone?:seeya:

WFTV reporter Kathi Belich was told that the whole thing could have been avoided Monday because there was discussion of a possible plea deal, but Casey said no. She would have had to admit to every detail of Caylee's murder.

And she probably would've said Caylee drowned in the pool & she panicked cos of Cindy's reaction..BUT! It would probably be a LIE..Anything she said other then she "killed" her would be so this plea offer makes NO sense to me.

eta..ubm..I see now it says "murder" so I assume they wanted her to confess to that.

Could the confusion be with the word phrase "plea deal"? I mean, if the judge asks if she wants to change her plea and avoid trial, that is not a plea deal that's being offered. That's more procedural, right? A plea "deal" signifies an offer of something less than death or possibly less than life in prison.

#64 1212 woman

hardship - elderly parents caregiver (dad 88 and mom 85) seperate nursing homes overseeing care and appts

excused for cause

I wonder if Brad is working as a consultant for someone (media) - he's been there all day.

I am so glad they did not come to Pasco County. I did not want to be selected, not to mention would be a hardship for my job. I am the only one doing my job, but on top of that I think she is guilty and would have said as much. If I did not have a job, a husband, home etc., then maybe I would want to serve.

Dearest WSers--this morning, before the proceedings began, the judge gave the defendant a chance to enter a plea. This is apparently standard procedure.

The defendant turned down the opportunity to enter a plea at that time. I am unaware of what counts as "standard" for defendant responses in such an instance, so no idea if her denial of the opportunity counts as standard procedure.

Now we are getting ready to go back to the Sidebar.

After the motion to compel the production of Dr. Vass's database, we will JUMP back to the Sidebar.

I disagree. As a small business owner, I cannot even begin to imagine the expenses of paying an employee's salary PLUS their sub for 2 months. Payroll is our biggest expense by far, and that would be a huge burden.

For a big company it may not be a major issue, but for us it would be devastating. Not to mention the cost of training a new person who isn't even going to stay.

Exactly. I did the math for my company, and for 8 weeks only, my company would be out approximately $12,000.00. For one person. That would put my business in a major bind. Depending on the time of year, it might be enough to put me out of business, which would cost about 12 people their jobs. IMO, you can't look at one situation and assume that is the rule for everyone.

No more jurors today. That was fast.

Could the confusion be with the word phrase "plea deal"? I mean, if the judge asks if she wants to change her plea and avoid trial, that is not a plea deal that's being offered. That's more procedural, right? A plea "deal" signifies an offer of something less than death or possibly less than life in prison.

Anything is possible, I was just posting what WFTV reported. :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members