2011.05.09 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Short version.

FBI has documents concerning Vass and the air stuff.

JB filed many motions indicating the court or the state should make the FBI give them the documents. All without actually making any attempt to request them himself. Saying the Court could make them hand them over. The state said the Court had no jurisdiction and that JB just needed to ask for them.

Now just a week away from opening statements JB is complaining he never got those documents. And is NOW saying the state is right the court has no jurisdiction.

The judge agrees he needs the documents, even though JB was late and never did anything to get the documents just whine about not having them.

So now if the DT doesn't get those documents HHJP will not allow Vass to testify.

So here's hoping the State can get the FBI to give them the documents. But I will bet that if they get the documents the DT will request a delay to review the documents to prepare for Vass.

Basically the State is going to have to do the DT's job.
I smell a continuance.

So...trial next year, then?

*snarls*

Boy, Casey was sure smiling as she was being led out of the court room. I guess, in her mind, she gave a great performance today.

So does anyone else find these prospective jurors to be, for the most part, utterly bizarre? How much of the economy there depends on dog walking/grooming/pet sitting? How many of them were unemployed or on some mysterious disability? The two best people couldn't be taken from their lives of responsibility. Seems like we're only going to get unemployable eccentric people. Doesn't bode well imo.

Have faith Horace, this was only day one :)

Think of Caylee, duct taped, triple-bagged, and in the woods for six months.

I also think about this Photo for Missing Daughter Flyer:
Casey1(1).jpg

Where were the tears then???

Now I'm hoping the air tests get tossed, so this trial gets going on time. The State doesn't need it to convict, from my POV.

Excellent job on the photo's. Like the one where Casey is crying/blowing her nose. You should caption that with "Guess who the little snothead is now?"

I don't who that lady in the green jacket was, but she left out of the same door of the courtroom as Casey did, just right behind her.

I have that name on one of them -- LOL.............great minds.....etc

Wait a second....

Wasn't this addressed in one of the first hearings in front of Strickland when Baez complained to him that SA was not turning over reports or something...and Strickland replied that he could NOT order the FBI to turn over reports but that Baez should simply ASK FOR THEM???

Am I recalling this correctly????

I remember that too, but I'm not sure what info JB wanted at that time. In the Cooper trial that just ended, the FBI refused to turn over computer info but the judge let the SA present their evidence anyway. There has been a lot of criticism over it because the DT didn't have the info for their expert to review. The DT is trying to appeal. In this case the SA has so much evidence I don't see that the testimony of Dr Vass will make a lot of difference. I would prefer to be on the safe side than give the DT a chance to appeal.

So does anyone else find these prospective jurors to be, for the most part, utterly bizarre? How much of the economy there depends on dog walking/grooming/pet sitting? How many of them were unemployed or on some mysterious disability? The two best people couldn't be taken from their lives of responsibility. Seems like we're only going to get unemployable eccentric people. Doesn't bode well imo.

There is a lot of waterfront/beachfront property in the Clearwater area. This is expensive real estate, and lots of rich people have their 'status symbol' pets, that get more pampering than your average child. So pet service people are in high demand.
MOO

I also think about this Photo for Missing Daughter Flyer:
Casey1(1).jpg

Gosh. What a HUGE difference in appearance from then to now! I guess jail has not agreed well with Casey.

ETA. I can't believe the huge bags under her eyes for as young as she is ....

Some classics today:

CM - Will you be able to live without youtube and mytube?

Judge Perry - No tweetering

:crazy:

:giggle:

I'm not worried about the air, and Dr. Vass. It will be sorted out!

Now I'm hoping the air tests get tossed, so this trial gets going on time. The State doesn't need it to convict, from my POV.

I do too!!! They have 3 professional people we know of to testify it was human decomp, George, Cindy and Vass. I bet there are a lot more.

No way this causes a continuance.

I should have said above. I don't think it will either.

But I'm very certain the DT will request a continuance. That doesn't mean they will get it.

The larger of the two black female officers was in the courtroom when I was in for jury selection. She was a riot and I liked her a lot.

Sorry for any confusion I caused. I was in for jury selection back in October 2010 at that courthouse.

Apologies. I should have included the date.

I expected more retirees with no obligations. Where are the pampered pooches owners? Put the owners on the jury and the pet sitters and groomers can take care of them.

Short version.

FBI has documents concerning Vass and the air stuff.

JB filed many motions indicating the court or the state should make the FBI give them the documents. All without actually making any attempt to request them himself. Saying the Court could make them hand them over. The state said the Court had no jurisdiction and that JB just needed to ask for them.

Now just a week away from opening statements JB is complaining he never got those documents. And is NOW saying the state is right the court has no jurisdiction.

The judge agrees he needs the documents, even though JB was late and never did anything to get the documents just whine about not having them.

So now if the DT doesn't get those documents HHJP will not allow Vass to testify.

So here's hoping the State can get the FBI to give them the documents. But I will bet that if they get the documents the DT will request a delay to review the documents to prepare for Vass.

Basically the State is going to have to do the DT's job.

So is there a chance the State will not be able to get these documents? And if that is the case why can the DT get them and not the State?

Anyone have all her mugshots to compare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota