2011.05.09 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:

Who said that? I would love to be able to find a dependable, trustworthy house/pet sitter.

Ain't nothing wrong with it IMO!

I'll do it!! I'll just use up your internet.... ;)

I asked this earlier but a) why was he there-- he doesn't represent the ants anymore does he??

and b) how did he know where it was to be there first thing??

It was on very early this am. If he watches GMA he could have driven on over, it's not that far. NG was in Clearwater well before 0730 when she commented for them.

I asked this earlier but a) why was he there-- he doesn't represent the ants anymore does he??

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Everyone pretty much knew all weekend. ;)

Ok reality check folks and I hope the State touches on this. Look at Casey's mugshot today. And look at the first two mugshots above. Those first two were taken after her daughter had been missing for 30 some odd days. And she doesn't have ANY bags under her eyes. Clearly she was sleeping well and enjoying life then. But now that her own life is at stake now she starts to look ragged. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. A picture really can be a 1,000 words.

oh yes it is..the missing daughter pic( smiling in the light blue) she sure didnt look troubled or distressed or anything.*as she should have been. now, she just looks crazy, even her eyes bug out more than they used to...a psychotic deer in the headlights look..if you ask me..just moo.

So far as I know, we still don't know who the lady in the sea foam green jacket and short dark hair was, and we still don't know why BC was there behind KC today, right?

:waitasec: :websleuther:

So far as I know, we still don't know who the lady in the sea foam green jacket and short dark hair was, and we still don't know why BC was there behind KC today, right?

I thought Brad Conway was there as he was appointed legal analyst to one of the Orlando TV stations. I didn't see Gabriel there, so perhaps this lady was a jury consultant?

The why on where he was sitting may be due to wheelchair accessibility. There was a similar issue when he represented the As. Just guessing here.

I think Brad Conway see himself as the latest in a long string of legal analysts popping up lately for this trial. Probably why he was there.

I sooooo wish I could stay with you guys today. I will be anxiously waiting to get back. I am leaving for work in a few. Thwarted by work. Have a drink for me please. Be back tonight. Stay strong all.

So while I was at work today I had to work in a room with NO computer.:banghead: A very nice young woman who is also interested in this case, ran the live stream of jury selection on her computer and kept coming to see me to give me updates. As soon as I came home I skimmed through the 82 page thread. What a day you guys had. Thank you everyone who posted.
Tomorrow have a round of drinks on me and make mine a double.:peace:

Nah - don't you think the SA will just agree to exclude Dr. Vass's air samples. I guess he would still be testifying.
He could still testify on the chloroform in the air samples and also, in HHJP's ruling he stated that most anyone has the God-given ability to know decomp when they smell it. He feels Vass is very qualified to give his expert opinion on what the smell was when they opened that can of air from the trunk of her car.

Just realized I have been here (mostly) for more than 12 hours - taking a break - whew!
O/T But I am going to look like my chair by the time this trial is over - sigh...

Yes. I would really like to know when HHJP is going to take JB to task for his persistent incompetence. Why does he excuse him so much..? JA asked for one favor re change of venue information and HHJP snapped at him.

That can be a good sign. I find that when the judge is not as conciliatory with me during trial as with opposing counsel, it means I'm winning. Unless I'm being "hometowned" which has happened once or twice. That's different and not what's happening here.

I think HHJP is making sure the defense does not feel he is biased against them despite the rulings that are not in their favor.

I read his decision. This morning. By this evening it had all changed.
But, it seems by the way he was talking, His Honor had reservations about the database even while he released his ruling this weekend. He didn't just start thinking of this when JB brought it to light. He still gave his ruling.

I'm sorry but I dont know the answer to either of those questions :(

He could still testify on the chloroform in the air samples and also, in HHJP's ruling he stated that most anyone has the God-given ability to know decomp when they smell it. He feels Vass is very qualified to give his expert opinion on what the smell was when they opened that can of air from the trunk of her car.

His description of opening that can was powerful.

Looking at IS footage again,of ICA crying and noticed no comforting pats on the arm or the back.No concerned looks or even eye contact as she cries. Bet she misses Andrea Lyon.

So we have the guard sitting just behind ICA watching her like a hawk.
She's in a different jail and dealing with new guards. The one in court did not look ,ummm,friendly? kindly? motherly?..........No,she looked like she takes her job of watching an alleged baby killer very seriously.
She didn't even have her mom there today. She may act like she doesn't care,but today she was very alone.
HHJP was pretty tough on JB this morning,also. "Your times up"

Welcome to reality ,Casey Anthony ! It must $#(% to be you.

http://www.wftv.com/video/27830671/index.html
(1:27 minute mark) Mason is patting the Inmate on the back as she cries....

Attachments

• Mason pat on back May 9, 2011.jpg
    Mason pat on back May 9, 2011.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics