2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3229 woman

travel plans 2nd week of june (prepaid non refundable $2K - $3K) new england w/ another couple, are you middle class w middle class income (yes)

mr. george: would losing money pose financial hardship (yes but we wouldn't lose our home), employer does not pay but don't depend on her income for food and lodging

excused for cause (defense objects - CM calls her back in to find out if hotel is non-refundable - at this point HHJP is almost laying in chair - yes hotel is non-refundable made through internet--> CM asks again if she had letter from judge if it would change refundability she brings up arrangement smade with another couple--> defense wanted her to make calls HHJP says no and excuses her)

I doubt anyone books 3k in nonrefundable domestic travel plans but okay

Anyone who is going to spend 3K to go the New England from Florida as she said ,wouldn't book like this. That is my opinion. Doesn't sound like a real good deal.

I am sorry, I am with CM on this one. She can at least TRY to get out of the vacation plans. We made others do it today. We need females.

Me three! Where are the US Citizens ready to step up and serve?
It's our civic duty.

ALL I can say is any of these excused witness after giving their excuses BEST be telling the truth...OR they could very well be found in CONTEMPT of Court...I woud love for Judge Perry to warn them about that before being brought in for questioning at this point....Even IF they just say "Random Checks" will Put them on alert :woohoo:

Some people dont want to be inconvenienced...and make their plea to be excused far worse than it is really....I tend to wonder why these guys arent screened about obvious "Just cause"..note from Physician and such...SURE would expedite this part!!

Some do charge. I had to cancel a trip, and the hotel charged me $50 fee, but most people could live with that.

Exactly...they MAY charge a fee if you don't give them enough notice. She could have canceled this trip to serve.

It appears to me that the defense would like to put a couple of people who don't want to be on the jury, right exactly there. I believe they are hoping someone get so mad about it that they will vote "Not Guilty" just to spite the court.

Or they could be resentful at ICA for dragging everyone through this.

3026: Hardship? Yes. Going to have surgery. Did pre op yesterday. Chest x-ray and blood work. Can I show you this?

HHJP: Yes. I take it, are you in any pain?

Yes, sir.

HHJP: This is not elective but necessary surgery?

Yes. I could try to live with the pain. I have had it done on my right shoulder and it is time for the left one.

HHJP: You take pain medication?

Yes.

HHJP: Some level of pain consistently?

Yes.

HHJP: Excused.

Juror #3026: Male. Hardship- Having surgery (pre-op was yesterday) on undetermined date in the future. Not an elective surgery- is in a lot of pain. "Could live with it if I had to". Already tried physical therapy, didn't work. Needs surgery soon..unsure when. Takes pain medicine- doesn't fully get rid of pain. Consistently in some level of pain.

Excused for cause- medical concerns
. No objections.

Hotels don't charge till u get there...wth? Mason's right on this one. I never heard of a hotel being non-=refundable..

I'm pretty sure Internet sites such as Priceline and Travelocity do make all arrangements non-refundable.

Also, if you rent someones timeshare it is non-refundable. Disney is an example of that.

Being a DVC owner - you are correct. If I rent to you personally I can make my own decision to refund you or not - but I'm not going to. Especially under 30 days from arrival - because I then lose my points.

3026 male

hardship - rotator cuff surgery - pre op done yesterday (brought paperwork), brought a list of meds, takes pain meds

excused for cause

Ok now we have a male here with rotor cuff problems who is in some level of pain. Sounds like h'll be excused.

3223: Hardship? Work and financial. Employer would not continue to pay. Would not be able to pay bills. Works full time to pay bills.

HHJP: Excused.

Juror #3223: Woman. Hardship- Employer would not pay for her to be off for jury duty. Works full time to pay bills..would not be able to pay rent and utilities.

Excused for cause- financial hardship. No objections.

OWW...rotator cuff surgery.

A friend just had that. He is a LE officer that had to take down a criminal that was fleeing. He just had surgery 2 days ago and was told he will be out on leave for 3 months.

He took him down physically in order to avoid injuring the man with the taser or drawing his weapon. For that he got injured and now has this to deal with.

LE officers are at risk every day.

I'm pretty sure Internet sites such as Priceline and Travelocity do make all arrangements non-refundable.

I have cancelled with them and I have exchanged dates with them. This person was just avoiding serving...my opinion.

Jane v. Is gonna have some horse's mouth (somebody in the know) on tonight who will tell us what jb will say in the first moments of his big moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove