2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad this happened early on - she's an excellent example to those jurors left.

Hardship? No - Uncomfortable but has all her bases covered. HHJP appreciates the sacrifices she would make and he appreciates her candor about being uncomfortable. Mason up asking questions.

Can they turn the mike on at the podium? And make them go up everytime?

CM questioning this Juror. Asking if anyone she's close to a victim of a crime (I'm guessing). She says yes, her 39-yr old son had a gun held to his head at some point. Ugh, even the mic at the podium stinks.

How many of us posting today could be sequestered for up to 8 weeks?
The logistics are difficult, a major inconvenience, but if I had to, I could.

Sounds like she has breathing problem. Hope they ask about her health.

Wow...her son was a victim of an armed robbery at his place of employment and he had gun put to his head...
Are you listening to that Casey? someone who was REALLY robbed at gunpoint at work.

Hahaha Mr. Mason - just uncomfortable because it is a new experience and has never been away from her home for two months. Son a victim of a crime armed robbery and had a gun held to his head. Son is an adult - 39, he and his family live in my house, I have an apartment in the house.

Have we figured out yet if she just felt SICK? That was my first & final impression/conclusion for what it's worth.

Why in the heck is HHJP allowing Mason to do voir dire at this time? It's not like he won't do it again later and drag it out as long as humanly possible.

3054: Hardship? uncomfortable but not a hardship. I get paid for jury duty. I have someone to take care of my home. I have no dependents.

HHJP: it is not the most comfortable thing. we try to make the process as less of an inconvenience...I appreciate your candor...wouldn't be something you would like to do but you would do it. Any questions?

no.

CM: cannot hear due to mic.

Potential juror: I have never been away from home for two months. New experiences are not always comfortable. They asked if anyone in my family was a victim of a crime. My son was in a resturant and there was a robbery and he had a gun put to his head. My son is an adult he is 39, they live with me, he and his family live in the house and I live in the apartment. My patients would miss me, but if I was out like I am today my patients are being covered.

( I wish I could hear the defense. )

Wonder what ICA is thinking while hearing all the stories from these jurors, esp. the Puerto Rico trips they may have planned for summer vac.'s. They are living life Casey, make you miss yours any?

I always said client control was going to be a huge issue. I totally underestimated the degree and gravity of it though.

When you get to voir dire, you do not need any distractions. Your focus needs to be on selecting jurors. Cases are won and loss during the jury selection process. That is why jury consultants can charge such exhorbitant fees. This DT has their plate full trying to control Casey, much less make her appear sympathetic. I would hate to be in their place. There are 4 of them sitting there and I bet every one of them are exhausted. They are getting their taste of "Casey doesn't care 'cause it is all about her." Problem is, she doesn't have the first clue what is in her own best interest.

I think I first guessed how major it was going to be when she grabbed at Baez's sleeve at the agents of the state hearing - that shocked me that she would lose control and show frustration at Baez by that hand gesture she did. Ever since then I've been watching her intently and have watched the Frye hearings over and over and I could just tell she wasn't rooted in reality.

The defense need to hose down this fire but I've got no idea what they can do.

This is ridiculous. We can't hear what is being asked of the potential jurors! Also, why is Mason asking so many questions when this is just the hardship phase? He is driving me insane with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth