2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror 117: No young children, no job. Married 14 years..never been away from her husband. Would cause mental anguish.

You can tell the judge thinks this is ridiculous, haha.

ITA! Give me a break here! Put your big girl panties on! Hubby will make it. I love my family and would miss them too, but this woman is in her 50s -- quit the whining. I'm tired of her already. She has no "real" excuse not to serve. LOL.

KC did not want this one because she has never been away for 42 years from her hubby, she won't be able to understand how KC could not see Caylee for 31 days and not tell someone or suffer mental angusih.

IMO they need to put a biiiiiiiig picture of Caylee with her big beautiful eyes staring at these jurors. maybe then they'd stop with these lame excuses of "ohhh I'll get homesick"

meh.

Yeah. I bet Caylee wished she was at home, too.

Oh geeze.... That last lady has given CM ideas. He is asking this man if he can be away from his wife for a long time! :giggle:

3316 - male

needs medications, nothing other than that

CM: (Now witness mike is off or he is far away and can't hear) it appears married long time but doesnt mind being away, nothing on calendar

asked to return

3316: Hardship? Cannot hear potential juror. I think he said no sir.

CM: how many years have you been married? can you be away from your wife for two months. as long as you can get your meds you are okay?

cannot hear potential juror.

CM: nothing on your calendar for a couple of months.

no sir.

HHJP: we will let you go home. same instructions. they will give you a sheet to fill out and come back thursday or friday for more questions.

Casey wiped her mouth looked at her hands afterwards then started making faces...

ICA making strange grimaces and weird facial expressions. I think she's starting to crack.

That is really sweet, but geez, come on, it is not a hardship!
I love my husband very much and apppreciate everything he does for me and our children but it would not bother me to be away from him if I had to fulfill my civic duty. Why can't people understand that?

She might just find she does quite well-- may expand the perimeters of their marriage for the better! (there's my optimist's viewpoint) :crazy:

Yeah that isn't healthy.

Totally - but one of them loved it - until hubby killed in a horrible car wreck. And THEN she got independent real fast and turned into a WILD WOMAN in her early 50's (she'd been married about 25-30 years)...

it was a (male) control thing (duh)

This is probably a stupid question, so please just pretend it's strikingly brilliant. :)

Does the prosecution and defense have the list of names of the jury pool before all this? If so, do they do background checks and things like that so that when the pot juror gets up there, they already have info on them?

If they don't have the names beforehand, as soon as they get them, are they sitting there running background checks and stuff on them?

#3069. Female. Sounds no-nonsense! Hardship - yes, sole provider for household. Runs a dept of 15 people, provides their instructions. Quality Director, supervises Engineers, etc. Also has 4 pets that need caring for. Job does pay if she's chosen.

Juror 119 ~ Supervisor, they can't do without her. Never been on vacation. Worked there since last August. They would have to manage if she was gone, but for 8 weeks, it would be tough. New dept, hands on help with employees (are they freaking adults?)

She has 4 cats. Don't take care of themselves. No one can care for the cats. Son lives out of town.

Juror 119: White woman in her 50's. Says it would cause a hardship because her work cannot do without her (quality director of engineers). Work WOULD pay her. They would manage without her, but would be very tough w/o her for 8 weeks. New department, takes help from her. Has 4 cats that "don't take care of themselves". Has no one that could care for her cats. Son lives out of town. Neighbors "probably aren't ready" to take care of her cats.

Called back for round 2.

After judge informs she'll be called back, wants to talk to the judge about a personal matter regarding some type of medication she's on.

That probably should have been stated prior to asking to being called back. How annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove