2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, I have to step away for about an hour. Does anyone have the stats so far???

Question for the defense team......they complained forever that they wanted the case moved to South Florida.....they complain that the Hispanic population is underrepresented....YET.....a number of the Hispanic jurors called have a clear language barrier.

WTH were they thinking? That South Florida would have Hispanic persons with BETTER English??

Stop playing the race card JB and stop claiming discrimination.....it's falling on deaf ears....and I'm not talking about Mason's.

See, this is what I don't get...It's to be a jury of ICA's peers...she's caucasian so why do they keep focusing on this...Most of the spanish population unless born in the USA will have a language barrier....

From Twitter (earlier):

JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
by LeonardPadilla
One of the jurors walked in, looked at Casey, and mouthed "crap".

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

The afternoon session should be interesting with the callbacks, they will be asked if they have formed an opinion or whether the defendant is guilty or not

truth comes out... baseball tickets..

put em on craig's list dude

I'm beginning to understand JB wanting more ethnic groups. They would NEVER seat a jury. They don't want to be there, and will say they cannot understand the language well enough.

What JB does not know is that they would view this crime with more contempt than Americans born and raised here. Ethnic groups take better care of their families and extended members than non-ethnic groups. IMO and no offense intended toward anyone.

The judge is really upset about the airlines and their uncooperativeness as far as refund and change fees in order to serve on a jury.

I wish they had to prove they actually have airline tickets! Knowing me, I would ask the court for a letter so I could show the airlines that I was asked to be on a jury.

Juror 124 : Male. Has vacation planned next week to visit his elderly grandmother. Isn't sure if the tickets are refunded. Also has "really nice baseball tickets" that aren't refundable.

Judge says to check with airline regarding if the airfare is refundable and come back.

JP is not happy with Airtran and Jet blue. Would hate to be them right now.

Let him go, he's taking his Gram to a baseball game! I like him, too bad.

Elderly grandparents are at a prime! Tickets are non refundable. Go figure! Oh...while there I am hoping to catch a really great baseball game. Tickets are no refundable.
Holy Moly!!!

I find it odd that these people going on trips do not know what airline they are flying. Especially the guy that is flying tomorrow.

"really nice baseball tickets"...OMG Sell them on StubHub!

Seems like no one wants to serve on the jury for the "trial of the century" :D

ha. DT is desperate to get men. more fool them. the penis does not shut off their brains...nope nope. they might end up with a jury of 12 men who have issues seeing their own children who will not sympathise with ICA one bit.

Darn, I have to step away for about an hour. Does anyone have the stats so far???

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
The count is now 4 excused. 8 retained and 1 maybe. #caseyanthony -Longo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members