2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a devout Christian and I would have no problem whatsoever sentencing Casey to Death Row.

IMO, she killed Caylee so her life should be taken from her as well.

Last time I checked 'Thou Shall not Kill' is one of the 10 commandments. CM is wasting time. She will not make final cut. Referring to woman in jury pool. Agree with your post - in this case after the trial and all the facts if convicted I would have no problem with DP.

Until she was unable to drive...my Grandmother attended EVERY DAY and somethimes twice. You don't mess with mass for some folks.

Irish Catholic grandmother here (God rest her) , also a hard-core mass goer BUT if she was needed to serve on a jury that would bring justice for a tiny innocent baby, she would have seen that as just as important as going to mass. If not more important.

But I do know exactly what you mean. Do not get in the way of a lil ole lady with Mass on her mind and a pocket full of Werthers Butter Originals ;)

His Honor will cover the Milwaukee fan's plane tickets $125 to change it and His Honor needs to find a way to cover it....

The man with the travel plans would have to pay $125.00

Judge Perry asked if he was willing to change it if it is covered.

He said yes.

Judge Perry trying to figure out how to cover it.

The woman is talking about attending Mass daily. Not a requirement to do so. Catholics are expected to attend Mass on Sundays (Saturday or Monday in many parishes) and on Holy Days of Obligation.

She probaby would have never made it anyway if she is anti DP.

WOW...Judge Perry excused her over CM's wishes...

And plans to cover the plane ticket fee.

HE WILL SEAT THIS JURY BY GOD!!!!!!!

Mason wants her but I'm betting she would end up being excused anyway because most devout catholics are against DP

Devout Catholic - no doubt against the death penalty. I don't think she'll make it.

:waitasec: Morning,

I am Catholic, and there are some Catholics who are "for" the DP ...

If I were on this jury, I would have no problem giving ICA the DP ...

However, I do strongly believe that "religion" and "beliefs and convictions" regarding "Constitutional Issues", the "DP", etc., are issues that should be weighed "separately" ... all options should be weighed carefully.

MOO MOO MOOoooooo

The woman is talking about attending Mass daily. Not a requirement to do so. Catholics are expected to attend Mass on Sundays (Saturday or Monday in many parishes) and on Holy Days of Obligation.

Unless they have something like jury duty that prevents them from attending, I believe.

O/T - hugs, BDE.

:twocents: It appeared that she was NOT willing to accept that the Blessed Sacrament CAN and WILL be given to an individual in "dire circumstances" of ANY nature WITHOUT the entire sacrifice/ritual of the Mass. BUT.....IMHO, :innocent: NO WAY would she pass muster as a DP juror for the STATE either as she holds the REDEMPTION of life ON THIS EARTH in amazing high regard.:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Not to get on a religous rant or in a debate, the bible does say an eye for an eye.

Understood and the ways that can be interpreted are numerous. Regardless, there are plenty of very religious folks and non-religious folks who are strictly opposed to the death penalty regardless of the case. My husband actually is not religious, BUT is opposed to the death penalty. It's one of the only big differences in our point of view.

But are you Catholic? That's a whole level up on the "life" debate regarding the death penalty. Not ALL Catholics are this strictly pro-life, but I am going to assume someone devout enough to receive daily sacrament buys into the whole package.

no, I'm non denominational.

airline ticket-$125 to re-schedule the flight
JP-if it is covered would you re-schedule?
yes, I would
JP-let me figure out how I can cover it (laugh from gallery)

going to bring him back after lunch for questioning so they can make sure they are not going to strike him before he changes his plane ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand