2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching on TruTv. Did they just say that they're thinking of pulling from the homeless shelter next door as potential jurors????? That's tent city! They live in tents provided to them by the county.

http://www.pinellashope.org/

yes so they can get the ethnic group in....this is for jb satisfaction--he hasn't been happy with the quota regarding race.....

Just noticed that KC doesn't get one of the nice big comfy chairs like all of the attorneys.....:boohoo:

kc4.jpg

Prob because if it is true that she is in her early 40's with a 22 year old, that would mean she ALSO was a young mother and still found a way to make ends meet.

In my opinion, the DT is going to hurt themselves if they are looking for minority women. Most have grown up in homes with out a father figure or watched their mothers struggle to make ends meet and still give them the best care. They won't be able to relate to KC whats so ever. Perhaps I can see the minority male who is thought to be more absent in raising their children.

Hope it does not offend anyone. I am a AA, raised by a single mom, who was 17 when she had me and she made sure I never for even one second was without ANYTHING. She sacrificed dating, partying, etc to make sure our needs were met. She did this while paying for her own way through college and making sure that my brother and I would also go to college. So for me, its very hard to relate to KC. She had a chance, she had family support, she had a free car to drive, food on the table, clothes for Caylee...she has no sympathy from me.

I'm white, but a lot of my family is African American and I agree with you 100%!! AA women will also not understand why Cindy didn't yank Casey by the neck and slap the taste out of her mouth a long time ago. They will not be able to relate to Casey and they will NOT feel sorry for Casey.

As for the AA men, the same can be said for all races. My dad was a dead beat dad and still is. I was raised by a single mother too. She raised three girls. Sure she had help from my Aunts and at one point really early in my life, my Great Grandmother, but she also took care of them because they were all elderly. All women in my family. My cousin, who is 38 and AA, was the last male born into my family. Since then, it has been all girls. He's a wonderful husband and a first time father to my new cousin who is six months.

Yeah, the whole "ethnic" thing is going to backfire on JB!

why is that lady allowed to hug on kc?....i dont get it...i really dont

I really really really hope this isn't her "moment in the sun" (sigh), like so many others that have appeared on the defense team.

I agree..
Publix, from what I have heard..is a good company to work for...
Sooo many people apply for jobs at Publix, and you have to re-submit your resume every month .

Publix is a GREAT company. I remember volunteering with a charitable organization, and we needed grocery items for an event. It took one call to ask for contact info at corporate, and the store manager said..."Oh no need...I have that within my discretion."

The manager even sent an employee to deliver the items so they would arrive safely.

Every time I go through the line with my kids they remind them that baggers can start work at 14 and how the earlier you start...the more benefits you get and even college.

Well we did prepaid tuition but if a company wanted to cover their fees they'd have quite a nice little savings upon graduation.

In a nutshell...if this guy didn't have some mental deficiency....he's gone. That's the only explanation I have that makes any sense for his actions.

Juror 3238: White woman in her 60's. No hardship. No plans for the next couple of months ('til September). No health problems.

Called back for second round.

Ya hear that Casey?? :gavel:

A mentally challenged son, who WORKS!

:gavel:

Yes! My bro has worked with the mentally-challenged all his career and he says they are the best workers; so reliable and show up everday despite rain, sleet, sun or snow!! They are an inspiration to me!

This lady is free until September - No hardship.

She will be recalled.

Is it my imagination, or is ICA less fidgety today? I wonder if they have her on meds?

3238 woman

no hardship,

CM: caretaker (no), calendar (none until sept), health issues (none)

asked to return

What's HHMP's target number of potential jurors before going on to the second level of questions?

ICA's bff reminds me of the kindergarten teacher that is all smiles when a 5 year old arrives on the first day - ohh you're going to love being here with me, we are going to be having so much fun!

:sick:

I never realized it was so easy to get out of jury duty..thank goodness I would never be called

Who is that lady?!? Do we know yet!? I'm guessing a therapist or psychiatrist in case Casey has a meltdown???

Oh no more money spent by the State of Florida on ICA. So many people are hurting for so many reasons and if FL is paying for a therapist or psychiatrist to go to court they should be sued by the taxpayers. :banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove