2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on WESH said she's a court liason (whatever that is).

Mel

I knew some who did that (as a volunteer, but official).
She did that for children who were in abusive homes. I don't know if everyone gets one.
She seems just a little too cheerful for participating in a death penalty case.
WhaT about CAYLEE?!?

Yeah, the whole "ethnic" thing is going to backfire on JB!

I agree . . . but I think it is just a stall tactic for the DT -- they don't care about the mix. They just care about getting young guys on the jury:maddening:

HHJP is giving business owners room to continue to conduct business. He is making this as easy as possible for them.

Juror #3190: Woman. Says it would pose a hardship because she owns her own business and only has 8 employees. Would need to rearrange, but "could do it if she had to".

Judge: Check into it, see what problems can/can't be resolved, and let us know during the 2nd round of questioning.

Called back for 2nd round of questions.

Wow, just realized this. Will Court be held this Saturday too? They can't possibly be through all the jurors, then the next round from the homeless shelter, and then the final round before Tuesday. Judge keeps saying trial starts Tuesday, adamantly.

For petes sakes Mason, why does he have to have everything repeated?????

GET A GRIP OR A NEW HEARING AID.

3190 woman

hardship - own business manages 8 people

message number available for people to contact you for business issues

asked to return

I just love HHJP - he takes the time to discuss things with these jurors at their own level and does it in such a warm way without a hint of being condescending - so few people in places of power have that ability.

I am not quoting a post because I do not want in any way to be seen as attacking anyone.
On the issue of the timing of this trial being bad because of vacations, etc.

Death and Justice do not take into consideration the time of the year. I know if it were my family member I would want everyone to drop what they were doing. Doesn't Caylee deserve that consideration??

Your opinion is valid - however the struggle to get jurors at this time is evident that the timing is a problem. I mean ICA has been in jail for 2 1/2 + years.

IMO this is a matter of practicality. No offense taken just a different opinion here after watching the juror selection. :great:

Juror #3310: White male in his 40's. No hardships (financial, family or medical). No calender plans. Only health issue is blood pressure but is on medicine.

Called back for 2nd round.

yes so they can get the ethnic group in....this is for jb satisfaction--he hasn't been happy with the quota regarding race.....

I wonder what ICA thinks about this? Because this crew is not a pleasant one. My hubby works near this place and has experienced first hand what they do, how they behave. They're not the new homeless, down on hard times because of our current economy. They're the unsavory ones that have basically been booted from downtown St. Petersburg (where I live, a huge homeless magnet)

Oh boy is all I can say.

Mason asking the same questions as the judge repeatedly is driving me bonkers! :banghead:

3310 male

no hardship

CM: calendar( none), medical (blood pressure meds), caretaker (none), paid for jury duty

asked to return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member