2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lady is really lovin' up on ICA. I think that is so strange.

I actually understand a bit. These people are with casey on a regular basis and know her differently than we do. As professionals who are hired to defend her, they view her differently and feel protective. They probably see her as a young, troubled person who regardless of her crime, deserves sympathy.

But when I see that, it icks me out.

Also, again, I really think Cheney has to ask his folksy little questions every time, for the most part, to get first crack at making a good impression on potential jurors.

I didn't understand the guy that was living with his parents after recently moving here. He had no job, no money,and was living with parents, seems a perfect fit to go. Was he excused?

Mason trying like heck to change this lady's mind, but he wanted the guy whose business in Kansas City that failed and had to move back in with his parents to not worry about defaulting on his student loans and credit cards!!

<Unusual person>!!

Love how CM is trying to get this woman off because of her dogs but he objected to the guy with 7 dogs yesterday on disability.

Juror #3025: Woman. Company will pay her for 30 days. Says she can take vacation time, if needed. "I want to do the right thing". Her daughter gives birth July 13th..judge says you'll be back by then. Also has 3 dogs and would have to pay someone to care for them and it might be a financial hardship because of that but she's willing to serve because she "wants to do the right thing".

Judge: Call your vet and tell him your situation and see if he's willing to offer you a discount on dog boarding and see what he says and let the court know what the vet says.

Why do they sound so accommodating to her 3 dogs, but the guy with the 7 dogs "did not give a hardship. . .just an inconvenience"?

I agree....and i think the older man with the 7 dogs was living on retirement funds

I would prefer this to the crazy and/or chemically dependent homeless we have here. Plenty of decent, sound mind people on the unemployment line.

I keep hearing how they are all desperately trying to avoid appeal issues- that would seem like a sure thing taking homeless addicted people. They are going to have to do some serious screening of them. There are thousands of other citizens they can use, or they could always go back to Orlando.

CJBP wants her to go call the vet and see if she can get a substantial discount to board her dogs.

3025 - woman

pays for 30 days - could take vacation, daughter gives birth july 13th, 3 dogs to pay to take care of $45/day - dog care will cause her economic hardship

IMO - CM sure questions women differently than men

asked to call vet today and just come back in and let them know

Thanks for sharing the document. Pre-jury selection questionaires obviously differ greatly from one jurisdiction/county/state to another. Both DH and I had to complete multi-page documents when we've been summoned for jury duty in our county in Michigan. Financial hardship, employment, language, medical, transportation, etc. issues were all dealt with in advance so that this tedious and time-consuming line of questioning wasn't necessary.

I agree....and i think the older man with the 7 dogs was living on retirement funds

I think because she is willing to use her own vacation time and is willing to work with them to make it happen....

Any good corporate citizens out there willing to offer FREE or discounted kennel boarding for the court??? The free advertising will do wonders for business overall! Just sayin...

I like the woman with the three dogs that would need to board them at $45 a day. She mentioned going to Asia.......I wonder if she's a buyer for a dept. store?

Mason trying like heck to change this lady's mind, but he wanted the guy whose business in Kansas City that failed and had to move back in with his parents to not worry about defaulting on his student loans and credit cards!!

<Unusual person>!!

Thats because he was young. Hoping all the young males fall under caseys spell! Thats their only hope at this point. These mothers and animal lovers arent going to be good for their side. They have a heart unlike casey. jmo

I keep hearing how they are all desperately trying to avoid appeal issues- that would seem like a sure thing taking homeless addicted people. They are going to have to do some serious screening of them. There are thousands of other citizens they can use, or they could always go back to Orlando.

They will be screened very carefully. Not all homeless are addicts, nor will there be an obvious addict on the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove