2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it's not that unusual. At both trials I was in jury selection for (one criminal, one civil, the civil ended up being where I served) the judges in both cases stated that if anyone wanted to approach with a personal problem or question they could. She might be on an anti-depressant and not want anyone to know.

Especially since she had already disclosed who her employer was at the point. I wouldn't want my employer knowing any of my personal business either.

If her name is going into the "Lifelink" database for a transplant that tells me her medical issues may not be trivial. If your name is on the list a kidney could available at a moment's notice.

Perhaps she's donating to a relative.? Or seeing if she can

If her name is going into the "Lifelink" database for a transplant that tells me her medical issues may not be trivial. If your name is on the list a kidney could available at a moment's notice.

I am not thinking she will make it passed round 2 because of this fact a moments notice. But again able to make the accomodations needed for her duty. I am just still trying to pick my jaw up from the Church Lady Sweet Jesus. :banghead:

I don't understand why these jurors with serious medical illness don't check off 'medical excuse' & include a dr. letter at the time the jury summons is received in the mail..That prevents going to the courthouse & going thru all this.

That's how it works here.

eta..also includes being the 'primary care taker' for a family member with severe illness or a disability..Again, just needed is a dr's letter in advance of the court date.

Remember that the jurors don't know what case they are being called for. In most cases it just means a couple of days at most of 9-5 hearing testimony, which causes no conflict with their medical conditions. Having a medical problem is not normally a reason to stop functioning.

But this case is asking to place a truly unbelievable burden on the citizen jurors. 8 weeks isolated away from family and home with no or limited outside contact? I say again, how the he77 did we let the system get to this point?

Hmmm...maybe she means she's already had a transplant and has bloodwork done to monitor her? I agree that if she's waiting for a transplant she is not a good pick.

#3028 - woman, owns her own business runs the office, caregiver for her 3 month old grandson while her daughter works.

I don't 'get' all of these people with their 1,000 excuses why they can't serve. I have 5,000 reasons why I would LOVE to serve!

I thought she'd HAD the transplant. DIALYSIS is usually done several times a week. well, at least 2-3. it takes a while. NO WAY a dialysis pt on a transplant list could serve. If her kidney becomes available she would have to leave

MOO

Hmmm...maybe she means she's already had a transplant and has bloodwork done to monitor her? I agree that if she's waiting for a transplant she is not a good pick.

Judging from the people I know who have either had a kidney transplant or are waiting on one, I don't think she would even be there if she had that severe a problem. One person I know had his and the other died while waiting. So, that is a serious problem if you need a new kidney. jmo

I am not thinking she will make it passed round 2 because of this fact a moments notice. But again able to make the accomodations needed for her duty. I am just still trying to pick my jaw up from the Church Lady Sweet Jesus. :banghead:

I won't comment, but to say that I thought it was a little extreme. My grandmother always taught me that God is with you everywhere.

This is so annoying. My life in "real time" keeps interrupting these hearings!!! There are some things I have to do!! Does anyone know who ICA was talking to when she was being so adamant a few minutes ago?

DT does not want women seems like. That is when the questions start coming. Does not want this grandmother at all. "My daughter takes care of her daughter, its HER daughter!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove