2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people.

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me if they have 12 jurors yet please?

I was watching up until a couple of hours ago, then I had to go out.

Are we still stuck on 11? Or have we got 12 and now on possible alternatives?

Still on 11, every time we get to 12, DT back strikes one to get back down to 11. They only have 2 more strikes, so hopefully this can't go on forever!

Anyone know why they got rid of the woman yesterday who was a teacher and talked way too much?

No, it does not happen. I thought he meant that to. I think he was saying "the defense" but meaning under the direction of KC. If that makes any sense.

No I just think they meant the Defense.

If ICA wanted to question the PJs she could probably do so (although, it might require her to fire her legal team).

There is some case law that the Defendant can be present at side-bars during Juror Questioning (and indeed side-bars generally).

She must be something! 3 dead husbands, a live in bf, and CM flirting too?

I want what she's got.

I sincerely hope not.

With respect to Caylee (and I would be the last person to dispute that her death is nothing less then terrible), ICA is entitled to a fair trial (I would churn out the usual thing about a trial not being about the victim per se but to determine whether or not that the State has proved the Defendant is Guilty of the crime charged.

Unfortunately, as emotional as we all can be about Caylee (and she was an adorable child) the cold, hard truth is that Caylee's cuteness, her pretty face, her life, the way she would make those around her smile is not at all relevant to the guilt of ICA or anything to do with her death.

For the Penalty phase, however, that could well be relevant.
bbm

I'm not so sure about that. Caylee's cuteness and the way she held a captive audience thus dimming the spotlight on her mother could have a lot to do with why her mother killed her.

Hi people.

We have 12 :great:

I am also surprised that no one has had an answer to "Have you followed any other case?"

I really thought someone would reply the
Natalee Holloway case.. it has had tremendous media coverage.

Still on 11, every time we get to 12, DT back strikes one to get back down to 11. They only have 2 more strikes, so hopefully this can't go on forever!

I must be losing it, I thought we got to 12 but JP decided to question these last 2.

Hi people.

Right now we have 12 potential jurors. The defense has 3 challenges remaining and the State has 5. #CaseyAnthony - Longo

That's a tweet.

If the trial don't start till next week, then we have a 3-day week-end coming up after next week. Memorial Day.

CM just asked her what books she reads. SHE said novels. HE said "Mystery Novels, ok"

PJ likes mystery novels.

CM: "You understand all those books are fiction."
PJ: "Mhmmm."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads