2011.05.17 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know whether or not the jury will be allowed to take notes during the trial?

Usually when the Juror's go back to deliberate the verdict that is the first time they can discuss it amongst themselves. Usually they take a vote first....if there is one not guilty, the discussion begins...if that Not guilty is 1319 she will get an education on the evidence. I think with her lack of social friends this will cause her not to stand out, but rather vote with the majority.

Okay, I have to get this off my chest. Have y'all ever watched those little girl pageant shows? And the trainers teach the girls that when they walk to make "pretty hands"? They have their arms at their sides, and hold their hands out to each side, instead of straight down as is natural.

I swear Casey's defense team brought in one of those pageant coaches to teach her to make pretty hands when she walks instead of doing her strut.

Okay I'm done.

All the thought and strategy can not account for the free will and free thinking of the jurors. Most rise to the occasion and some will never be equipped to do so no matter how much voir dire. I agree that being able to watch this process is painful. I'd rather just know a jury was seated. I'm not so sure micro-analyzing this has been healthy for me!!!! We do have to trust in human kind somewhat. How interesting this has been though!

I would rather 1319 was off, but I dont truly think she will cause an issue --- I am sure she will not vote for the DP but they dont need her to - it does not need to be unanimous - and I feel quite surely that someone with a kind enough soul to ever say they didnt feel right to judge others would not go against the rest and do wrong by caylee.

I dont care who they are, I dont care where they came from, there is too much in this case that is unsurmountable for the defense and they know it. hence the pure concentration on mitigation.

for us to think the juror 1319 would vote innocent - well, innoicent is a judgement every bit as much as a vote of guilty - in the case of refusal to vote at all - they would use an alternate.

But they need her to vote GUILTY in the Guilt Phase of the trial, don't they?.

I do not see this as a win for the DT..I really don't.

She will hear that a 2.5 yr old child was killed and how she was discarded.
She will hear the LIES ICA told..to LE, to her family, to all that knew Caylee...

IMO Since she is now forced to Judge...She may end up being the HARSHEST in her judgment.

My MIL says the same as this juror...I can not judge, I am not able to judge only God can judge...guess what folks...SHE does judge and judges HARSHLY.

Had a shower -came back- why are we in sidebar when the cameras are on it the courtroom?

They are waiting for jurors to get there. They aren't late, they were told to come this afternoon. Now they have been asked to come earlier.

Does anyone know whether or not the jury will be allowed to take notes during the trial?

Yes they can and are encouraged to do so, the court gives them notebooks. In some trials jurors fill multiple notebooks. IIRC the court collects these notebooks at the end of a trial, jurors are not allowed to take them home as "souveniers".

2zp5zma.jpg

you know...I have never seen anything like this woman before in my life and I hope to never have to again.

Usually when the Juror's go back to deliberate the verdict that is the first time they can discuss it amongst themselves. Usually they take a vote first....if there is one not guilty, the discussion begins...if that Not guilty is 1319 she will get an education on the evidence. I think with her lack of social friends this will cause her not to stand out, but rather vote with the majority.

bbm
She will judge...she must judge.
and, I agree, there is a good chance she may vote with the majority in the Guilt Phase.

Okay, I have to get this off my chest. Have y'all ever watched those little girl pageant shows? And the trainers teach the girls that when they walk to make "pretty hands"? They have their arms at their sides, and hold their hands out to each side, instead of straight down as is natural.

I swear Casey's defense team brought in one of those pageant coaches to teach her to make pretty hands when she walks instead of doing her strut.

Okay I'm done.

I call it the "princess prance" :D

I think the lady juror said, she could not judge someone on the death penalty part, not that she couldn't find her guilty and vote for LWOP. She didn't say this in so many words, but this is what I understood her to say that day.

JMHO

Had a shower -came back- why are we in sidebar when the cameras are on it the courtroom?

Long wait for the next juror to show up. I suppose this afternoon we will be back to a more regular schedule.

we are "at ease"--think that is the mode today....waiting patiently for PJ to arrive earlier than they thought.....

And does anyone remember "Strawberry Shortcake" from the Peterson jury? I remember all the pundits thought she was going to be a wildcard. In the end she was so solidly pro Laci and Connor. I think the evidence in this case is too great. This woman, even if slow, has the common sense to realize that 1+1 =2. The defense can't make 1+1 = 0...

I think the DT made a big error on 1319...she will be the one to sink them. MOO

ICA discussing AF's cellphone with her. She has that look on her face like when she said to GA/CA when discussing flat tires "that happened to me too" look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234