2011.05.17 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Eight)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in hysterics that D Simms is so paranoid about someone seeing that she is monitoring FB and the blogs on her laptop that she sits sideways or keeps it at a 90 degree angle so the deputy behind her can't see it, LOL. Who is the deputy gonna tell?

Move to the side table - you serve no purpose at the main table anyway Sims!!

Question -- Did they keep the guy yesterday who was slow speaking and said he had trouble sitting for more than 30 mins? I remember HHJP asking him if they took breaks could he serve. CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW LONG THIS TRIAL WILL TAKE IF THEY HAVE TO BREAK EVERY HOUR ON THE HOUR??? That, IMHO, is ludicrious. Why would he not be excused for medical reasons?

I'm a wee bit annoyed. When JA objected to the juror and the DT made the Batson challenge, HHJP wouldn't even let JA finish his thought, then today, HHJP asked LDB why the State didn't bring *this* up during the original objection.

Um, because you didn't let JA talk, HHJP!!

I agree with all you say, I sat on a murder trial 30 years ago for the death penalty and we were sequestered. You would be surprised at how people will follow others opinions in a situation like this. And it is usually people you would not expect who will stick to their opinions no matter how long it takes. jmo

You know how usually when picking a juror each side in hindsight got one wrong. I think 1319 is that one. I think the DT when the trial is over will learn that this juror readily voted Guility and for DP. You watch and see...the SA will be shocked also.

Just had to bring this over...

Connecting the dots? Thank heavens they didn't give her a paint-by-number.

Off to the oral surgeon, see ya'll back here later!

and this from JBean's twitter thread:

OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
I can't help but think of those autowriting mediums when I see Casey Anthony writing on her legal pad. #CaseyAnthonyTrial

Thanks so much for the excellent recaps, everyone! I have to admit, I slept in a little bit (until my mom called and woke me) and stayed quiet while I caught up/woke up.

Chiquita71, your recaps have been particularly helpful! Thank you so much.

Pizza and coffee- yum. :crazy:

I would rather 1319 was off, but I dont truly think she will cause an issue --- I am sure she will not vote for the DP but they dont need her to - it does not need to be unanimous - and I feel quite surely that someone with a kind enough soul to ever say they didnt feel right to judge others would not go against the rest and do wrong by caylee.

I dont care who they are, I dont care where they came from, there is too much in this case that is unsurmountable for the defense and they know it. hence the pure concentration on mitigation.

for us to think the juror 1319 would vote innocent - well, innocent is a judgement every bit as much as a vote of guilty - in the case of refusal to vote at all - they would use an alternate.

She's looking murderously introspective at this point. Hearing yet another potential juror say that she is GUILTY and that he couldn't put that aside to be on the jury must be a bummer. He sounded young and cute too. :dramaqueen:

would someone plz send me a pm with a link to footage of Jb getting snippy with ica or describe how it happened?

must be gone today. appreciate it.

aslo IS talking heads opine that males are more likely to support ica than females

could be, but not by enough to matter, imo

unless ya got a wild card male, same as female

something about the partying really pi$$es me off, and I'm a male. i dont think im that unusual when it comes to ica,

wesh just said this group is not late... they just weren't scheduled until later today... so they are coming in earlier...

I thought the jurors were going to be there? What are we waiting for at this point?

2zp5zma.jpg

How the heck can George, Cindy and Lee afford to sit through the trial once it begins?

then again...how do you have a mistrial if you haven't had a trial. That's a good Kimster question :)

Hugs,

Mel

You are right. Maybe we are putting the cart..( ducks to avoid any flying rotten tomatoes)

Had a shower -came back- why are we in sidebar when the cameras are on it the courtroom?

Whew...made it back to the sidebar!
All this bouncing around feels like I pulled an all-nighter at Club Fusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orions