2011.05.17 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the lady juror said, she could not judge someone on the death penalty part, not that she couldn't find her guilty and vote for LWOP. She didn't say this in so many words, but this is what I understood her to say that day.

JMHO

IIRC it does not have to be unanimous in penalty phase to receive DP...is this correct or am I mistaken?

Just getting here- see what struck a great deal of jurors today. Knew that was coming. Is there a summary of which got struck?

So, can anyone give me a quick recap of today? I've been in meetings all morning and will be for a while now.

How come Mason has a little bitty chair like ICA? Does JB have a little bitty chair too?

Curious.

Mel

All the thought and strategy can not account for the free will and free thinking of the jurors. Most rise to the occasion and some will never be equipped to do so no matter how much voir dire. I agree that being able to watch this process is painful. I'd rather just know a jury was seated. I'm not so sure micro-analyzing this has been healthy for me!!!! We do have to trust in human kind somewhat. How interesting this has been though!

:blowkiss: Gma Kat

Now THAT is zen. :takeabow:

In the book, To Kill A Mocking Bird, Atticus Finch says "you can't know what is in a man's heart." When he is speaking to his daughter Scout about the jury that will be deciding (Tom's ? it has been so long since I read it) fate.

Thanks Gma Kat

So, can anyone give me a quick recap of today? I've been in meetings all morning and will be for a while now.

I kept this on my clipboard... here ya go:

struck (as far as we know with the goat rope that this morning was):
1232 newspaperman
1129 single guy
1312 anesthesia nurse
1407 mechanic guy
1119 truckdriver guy
1426 hispanic nurse assistant guy

-----------

these are the 11 left: (we think)

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1251: retired teacher that sounds like edie falco
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
1159: VA guy with 5 years in the army has young son
3397: stock trader guy with bad back

Love the head nodding by AF to ICA...yeah yeah yeah, sure, i bet, uh huh..

Its gonna be hard to find people that have not heard about this case. This day and time with Technology. This case was even featured on the front cover of newspapers and magazines. Maybe the should have drawn a Jury from the West Coast.

IIRC it does not have to be unanimous in penalty phase to receive DP...is this correct or am I mistaken?

That is correct. And the jury just makes the recommendation. It is up to the judge to sentence.

can anyone else hear a lady talking to juror's right now?

I hope when Tony takes the stand he is sporting a nice wedding ring, tan, dressed very stylish....LMAO

Notice how empty the courtroom is? I hope it is like that when the trial begins in Orlando so I get a seat. With all the publicity, I haven't seen much hoopla in the courtroom. There are no courtroom junkies lining up outside waiting for a seat.

bbm
I don't think it will be that way in Orlando Amil
My daughter and her friend want to go to trial...not because of Casey..
They want to see and hear Dr Vass...they are very interested in him, his work..
Interest in Casey..Nope.

How come Mason has a little bitty chair like ICA? Does JB have a little bitty chair too?

Curious.

Mel

So he doesn't swivel and slide off when he dozes.

Dang we need some action. Wouldn't it be great if ICA tried to get up and bolt :)

haha it is so funny to see AF ignore Casey... finally she stopped running her mouth and just took a big sigh..... reminds me of Tracy's (bodyguards) depo when she says that Casey "just talks and talks about nothing"!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV