2011.05.18 Jury Selection Day Nine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the panel of a dozen jurors is sworn in, they are locked in place, and both sides will have to keep that panel for the duration of the six- to eight-week trial in Orlando unless one or more is replaced by an alternate.

Eventually the defense will run out of strikes. It is down to 1 left for the DT; the prosecution still has 4. Your Honour always has the option of providing more strikes at his discretion.

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
3308: He had baseball tickets to see the Milwaukee Brewers, but canceled them because of the jury selection. "I've got a good life. I'd rather not interrupt it," he said.
3015: Female, no hrdshp; no family or financial; medical, needs labwork done once for kidney transplant; HHJP asks about "any" lab and there's no problem; will be pd by work, born in Warren Ohio
3185: Male, Jim (he mentioned his name in court), 53, no hardships, has plane tickets to leave Thursday. Currently unemployed, enjoys photography.

Struck on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dismissed by the State 3283: Male, 42, single, never married, no children, 3 siblings, served as a juror once for insurance fraud. Have anyone in your family been accused of a crime? Juror: "I won't answer that in court". Parents still living - from Louisiana, Mississippi - they are still together

Struck on Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Dismissed by the State: 3238:Cosmetologist, said one of her husbands was struck by a car, and a decision had to be made to remove him from life support. Retired, does hair on the side. All her previous husbands died (yikes). She is currently engaged. She appears to be in her 50’s and has really big blonde hair. Seat #54

Dismissed by the State: #3042 "Honestly, I've been praying for her, the mother," said Juror 3042, a woman who appeared to be in her early 30s. "I feel bad about the whole situation."

Dismissed by the Defense: 3190: This juror appears to be in late 40's. Petite. Blonde pixie haircut. Says she's heard a little about the case. Feels if someone took a life – believes in the death penalty.This prospective juror owns her own small biz, plays tennis, watches Dancing with the Stars, CSI is married to a dentist who works in NY.

Walk this way to
Side Bar
8c2afdf8f6c48a10665c11e03d4bf848.gif

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136555"]2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Wait - hold up

What was that about the chief Judge in Pasco county and accomodating them? Then HHJP said that opening statements will be heard this coming Monday in Orange county?

I'm so confused!!!!!!!!!!111

Monday 9AM that should be plenty of time .. right? My schedule does not conflict with that. No objections from the impacted by victim poster, your Honor.

Stupid work ... LOL I get called away and come back every time they go to recess. I am sooo thankful you all have commentary going on. It feels like I didn't miss a thing!! :rocker: :tyou::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Good. They got the court until Saturday. To bad Jose. Go Judge Perry Get that jury. Trial monday as long as they get the jury.

Wow! All this hurryhurryrushrush, and all it took was a phone call, and the judge has access to the courtroom for an extended time. The judge should have been more tortoise and less hare about this whole thing from the beginning, and it would have gone much more smoothly.

Did I understand correctly that they can have the courtroom Fri and Sat but not on Thursday?

Love how Baez was saying "let's get to work" and then asks for an extra 15 minutes for lunch. Hahahaha. What a.... piece of work.

My cat just set his tail on fire with a scented candle. Smell of Hawaiian tropics replaced with smell of burnt fur. An omen? Or just a terribly clumsy cat? :waitasec:

My cat did that years ago and I am so paranoid about cats and candles. Power went out the other night and DD was wanting candles in every room and I'm like now - we have 4 cats I don't need the house burned down!!

1 hr, 40 min recess....why?

Got the courthouse through Sat....Yeah!!!

Let's see how long JB can delay this time. I imagine questioning of each pot juror will now go up to about 3 hours each.

Off to take a nap!

Mel

WHEW ~ Okay - hopefully back on track............

And, does anyone other than me want to take ahold of Casey's ponytail when she hightails it away from her deputy and pull her back a few steps?
She acts like she is above the woman, and wants to get as far and fast away from her as she can.

Those ponytail pulls hurt - my mother used to do that to my sisters and I when we would mouth off, etc, and try to get away from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member