2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Geeze...I can just see NG tonight - BOMBSHELL tonight! Court adjourned early because lead attorney Jose Baez had a stamp in his pants! :crazy:

Of course, everyone will immediately stop all speculation since Mr Baez sent that text. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

did JB get divorced? I remember hearing he was separated but did the divorce ever happen?

Oh Geeze...I can just see NG tonight - BOMBSHELL tonight! Court adjourned early because lead attorney Jose Baez had a stamp in his pants! :crazy:

BOMBSHELL tonight! Court adjourned early because lead attorney Jose Baez had an ANT ..I mean TRAMP OH never mind a stamp in his pants!

Oh, oh!! I know! sale on pocket squares at JCPenney.

It seems Beaz wants people to start speculating on his personal life. Yay for him trying to steal casey's limelight.

Although it is unlikely it seems much more likely then most of the theories going around atm (if that makes sense :D).

The only four things that spring to mind: Plea deals are never off the table so to speak, so although the SA can remove an offer at the start of the trial there is always a possibility of re-instating it if the defense asks. Indeed, it is possible to make a agreement/"plea deal" after conviction in many US jurisdictions (if not all).

Secondly, it would be interesting if ICA was wanting to plead out since it is quite inconsistent with the sociopathy that people have suggested previously. Although, saying that, I suppose there was always a possibility for her to face reality and save herself.

Thirdly, there is no reason for JB to come off the case just because she is pleading guilty. Indeed, I view it as poor practice and unethical so to do. If the Client has admitted guilt and wants to plead guilty then she is quite entitled to do so.

Fourthly, I am unsure if there was anything to indicate that DP was likely. Although, perhaps the DT thought that it was a toss up between LWOP and DP and nothing else was going to happen.

But all in all a realistic possibility.

I changed my mind after reading more information and re-watching the videos of what happened this morning. We'll just have to wait to see if jury selection continues in the morning.

Levi_Page Levi Page
Jose Baez tells @BethKaras jury selection is continuing tomorrow morning... #CaseyAnthony
33 seconds ago
http://twitter.com/#!/Levi_Page

Yes the jury selection will continue tomorrow, but with or without Baez?
Perhaps Casey let him go, and will continue with Mason, Finnell, and Sims?

Speculating here, but perhaps the "do it" means tell the judge and SA that casey has fired his sorry butt :)

~one can dream!~

I noticed after the break and at side bar, they were all talking then Mason Pats Jose on the back. Jose's head is down as they all look and listen to him talk.

Hmmmm to be a fly on that wall!

Well we all know the reporters there in Orlando are ruthless. They will follow him and find out just where he went - if he went home or to his office or to a hospital or to the courthouse.

I bet we hear more by the 6 o'clock news.

Go Kathi go..........................................

Don't know what to think at this point. What kind of private matter would allow someone to know 100% that they will be ready tomorrow morning at 8:30am? Illnesses don't have a schedule, and if it's a serious family matter, taking less than 24 hours to deal it with seems a little unorthodox.

Tomorrow shall be interesting.

I know this for sure: Those people that have to come in for jury duty, the people that are waiting, be it in the room or by the phone for the phone call will not be happy.
Even though they do not know who or what is causing this mess, IMO they are gonna come out and sit on that stand with the hopes of being dimissed. They will not want to serve on that jury because it is only a small indication of what this trial will be like.

Anyone remember the OJ trial? I think I remember at some point the talking heads were discussing the the jurors were looking mighty tired of being there. 2 months IMO would be a bit long of being sequesterd from your normal every day life. It is a lot to ask of a person who is "doing their civil duty" has some have claimed they were willing to do. They are beign asked to visit family members on the weekends, get paid $10 a day and listen for several hours to testimony, and the members making their case. Someone is going to get cold feet and do something to get the heck out of there.

These people , the DT needs to get the show on the road or they will have jurors who have an attitude problem.

Beaz wants people to stop speculating because they have hit the nail on the head with some of the speculations and it will ruin his TA DA...Thunder moment tomorrow !!

Not me. I have no sympathy for anyone who lies and crosses the line to defend a child killer. His problems are his problems. If it were up to him, there would be one more child murderer on the loose.

So you have no sympathy for someone just merely doing his job in defending his client no matter what the issue could be.
I have a lot of negative comments about Beaz myself at what he doing, but it it something like one of his kids, wife, mother, etc had something happen, then Beaz should be in our prayers.
We need not be as heartless as many had been throughout this whole thing.

Now all the jurors that were waiting to be sworn in today are curious..thus leading them to wonder WTF and potentially checking the news.

Thus causing further delay because the jury would be tainted. Grrrrrrrrrrr Baez is up to something.

I'm hungry. I can't find ynot.

I can't handle all this drama. :dramaqueen:

So, I am serving up a dose of boredom. Help yourself to tofu & water. :aktion1:

tofu.jpg

water_bottle.jpg

Well I am getting really anxious. Waited all week to be off from work for this. Think I will go buy a bottle of Bombay Gin. Good Ole Dr. Bombay. Anyone want to join me for a gin and tonic?

Now all the jurors that were waiting to be sworn in today are curious..thus leading them to wonder WTF and potentially checking the news.

Thus causing further delay because the jury would be tainted. Grrrrrrrrrrr Baez is up to something.

It could be, but from what I heard from one source, Beaz had a family emergancy. Don't know if that is true or not.

Does JB still have any complaints about him with the Bar Association?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammi Toxic