2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, very interesting.....

Didn't you find it odd that the sidebar was also held so far off to the side of the bench? Previously, they took place directly in front of HHJP.....

Wonder if the yellow folded paper was from Casey? Doesn't she have a habit of passing folded yellow slips of legal pad?

Maybe it was kc's note to HHJP that she did agree to whatever was going on.

I agree with others who don't believe this is about a plea. There was something she "wanted done".

As far as the sidebar, I'm wondering about all the papers they kept retrieving and reviewing. Also, anyone else notice the point where CM puts both his hands on JB's shoulders, as if to console him?

Oh, very interesting.....

Didn't you find it odd that the sidebar was also held so far off to the side of the bench? Previously, they took place directly in front of HHJP.....

Wonder if the yellow folded paper was from Casey? Doesn't she have a habit of passing folded yellow slips of legal pad?

Isn't it D. Simms who writes notes to HHJP on yellow lined paper??:innocent:

A million apologies if this is a redundant post, I'm 30+ pages behind.

The local WFTV is reporting (though it's just opinion due to the lack of them citing a source) that they heard that Baez was sick.

I call Billy Liar on that one for a few reasons.

If Baez just has the court cold, then he should have soldiered on like everyone else did.

He didn't seem gravely sick just prior to the lunch break, in fact he asked for an additional 15 mins.

If it was a sudden emergency, then we'd have seen footage (from them helicopters no doubt) of Mr Baez being whisked away in an ambulance.

If he is claiming an illness, he had better have a very sudden onset condition that will still allow you to leave the courthouse under your own steam, and he had BETTER be able to show us the evidence.

As a Fl taxpayer, I'm angry that he has such little regard for the money he is wasting.

Oh and one more thing, how do you ask for an extra 30 minutes lunch, then never even make it to the cafeteria before finding yourself sick enough to have to leave. Oh yes I am angry right now....lol

A million apologies if this is a redundant post, I'm 30+ pages behind.

The local WFTV is reporting (though it's just opinion due to the lack of them citing a source) that they heard that Baez was sick.

I call Billy Liar on that one for a few reasons.

If Baez just has the court cold, then he should have soldiered on like everyone else did.

He didn't seem gravely sick just prior to the lunch break, in fact he asked for an additional 15 mins.

If it was a sudden emergency, then we'd have seen footage (from them helicopters no doubt) of Mr Baez being whisked away in an ambulance.

If he is claiming an illness, he had better have a very sudden onset condition that will still allow you to leave the courthouse under your own steam, and he had BETTER be able to show us the evidence.

As a Fl taxpayer, I'm angry that he has such little regard for the money he is wasting.

Oh and one more thing, how do you ask for an extra 30 minutes lunch, then never even make it to the cafeteria before finding yourself sick enough to have to leave. Oh yes I am angry right now....lol

I read the WFTV website a few minutes ago and Bill S. was opining it could be anything from sickness to a plea deal or a motion to a higher court - he said the field was wide open?? :waitasec:

Also, at the beginning of the video, when kc is talking to AF, AF has a moment where she seems stressed - rubbing her head and a couple things kc says to her seems to put her in deep thought

Maybe it was kc's note to HHJP that she did agree to whatever was going on.
I agree with others who don't believe this is about a plea. There was something she "wanted done".

As far as the sidebar, I'm wondering about all the papers they kept retrieving and reviewing. Also, anyone else notice the point where CM puts both his hands on JB's shoulders, as if to console him?

Or notifying HHJP that she would like to meet with him in chambers to discuss her current representation....

I missed everything except the first hour this morning. I thought I might catch the last 30 minutes or so, but instead I've been trying to figure out wth is going on.

I skimmed a few threads and caught a few clips. I definitely think ICA said something about a "problem" at one point, but on the clip where she is supposedly telling Baez "do it", I don't even think that was Baez, right at the very end in the corner there is a quick flash of gray hair, so I think she was actually talking to AF. I also have no clue what she was saying, I'm not very good at lip reading.

IMO, ICA was definitely wiping tears as she left the courtroom for the day. It didn't look like a massive amount or anything, but anyone who watched have any theories what that could have been about? I don't recall ever seeing her tear up over anything other than herself.

What a mess. I've got to say, this was one thing I wasn't expecting to take place today.

I read the WFTV website a few minutes ago and Bill S. was opining it could be anything from sickness to a plea deal or a motion to a higher court - he said the field was wide open?? :waitasec:

Just a short blurb on the actual TV, and just noticed it was probably WESH - I think hubby is looking to see which one will promise him the weather he wants...lol

Sorry LG

Also, at the beginning of the video, when kc is talking to AF, AF has a moment where she seems stressed - rubbing her head and a couple things kc says to her seems to put her in deep thought

I thought Finnell looked particularly stressed all morning and when they came back from lunch she was standing around in front of the DT as if she expected to get called into a sidebar immediately...

Check this out:

http://www.wftv.com/video/27938803/index.html

open the whole page in a separate window.

let the video load

zoom the whole page to 200%

then at the 17:51 mark

JB walks back to the DT table to get something. But at 17:51 he SHOOTS as look to ICA and when you blow it up you can really see it.

JA is facing the door frame and he is either just rest his forehead on the frame or he's on his phone doing something.

The court reporter and LDB have their heads together.

This was also the sidebar that AF walked up to see what was going on and then turned around and went back to the table.

I'm kinda leaning to ICA firing him now too.

Check out JB's "look".

Whatcha think?

It appeared to me that the yellow(ish) folded paper that HHBP had been holding ever since he returned from sidebar was the size from a small tablet of yellow paper . . . (ie: 5" x 8"). I didn't see it in this clip we have been referencing, however I saw on a replay on HLN where kc was talking to Lizabeth and pulled out approx. same little size paper from back of her legal tablet and wrote on it . . . could she have handed that to someone? I didn't see it . . . but in this above referenced clip @ the end (past 27:00) it appears kc is asking AF if she did what she had asked and AF confirmed . . . . not sure if that is right . . . anyone else see that (just before HHBP says oh and he confirmed they have the courtroom on Fri & Sat). Also, didn't we hear that they didn't have a courtroom for Thursday?

l_69aaf9b485b5c5f16736019b57343d03.jpg
LOL!:floorlaugh:

Around 4:10, kc's demeanor completely changes. Whatever was said to her, she starts to look worried. Her forehead gets all scrunchy and she's looking down a lot. She also starts breathing deeper and swallowing hard.

At about 6:10 she looks around the table and it looks like she says "well where is it?".

Just a short blurb on the actual TV, and just noticed it was probably WESH - I think hubby is looking to see which one will promise him the weather he wants...lol

Sorry LG

No no, not a problem at all- my apologies - it wasn't meant as a correction :blushing: I was meaning to piggyback on your comment because sometimes Bill S.'s remarks are separate from the headlines. :blowkiss:

Yes, and I noticed also that Wesh is sticking to the "illness thingy" - probably don't want to upset their connections with the Defense Team.:innocent:

What worries me, is AF's expression during most of what I saw today. IMO she's the most professional of all the attys on the DT. And if she looks somewhat perplexed then there must be a reason.

My mind is in two possibilities:

1) Tomorrow morning they are going to be in another jurisdiction.

2) Casey is miffed that Jose had something more important than her.

What worries me, is AF's expression during most of what I saw today. IMO she's the most professional of all the attys on the DT. And if she looks somewhat perplexed then there must be a reason.

I agree and have posted it many times. She was agitated and perplexed and ICA kept jabbing her. If you notice she was writing intently on her iPhone like texting or emailing with someone during that so called 5 minute break.

Check this out:

http://www.wftv.com/video/27938803/index.html
...snipped...
then at the 17:51 mark

JB walks back to the DT table to get something. But at 17:51 he SHOOTS as look to ICA and when you blow it up you can really see it.

JA is facing the door frame and he is either just rest his forehead on the frame or he's on his phone doing something.

The court reporter and LDB have their heads together.

This was also the sidebar that AF walked up to see what was going on and then turned around and went back to the table.

I'm kinda leaning to ICA firing him now too.

Check out JB's "look".

Whatcha think?

I see a look, but it doesn't seem too expressive, to me, maybe I am missing it.

Deep thought as in "What the heck am I doing here babysitting a two year old?" I think if I had to sit next to ICA for very long I'd be crawling the walls trying to get away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch