2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to sit in the jury thread, was left behind talking to myself yesterday. lol

Here's a question:

If one of the potential jurors were a member of WS, but NOT a blogger, and answered "no" to the questions "Do you blog?" and "Do you read blogs?" is that a lie?

I wonder what would happen if that came out later. Are PJs supposed to know what the lawyers mean when they use the incorrect terminology?

This bugs me. Discuss.

If I were a juror and were asked this question by the defense, I would certainly disclose the fact that I followed this case on a crime forum and posted about it - I would not want to be the cause for a mistrial down the road. JMO ~

I've posted a couple times about this. Being in IT, and being heavily involved with all things with computers for 30+ years, the butchering of these terms really bothers me.

I don't think the PJ's would get into any trouble for answering the questions the way the lawyers are posing them, correct, or not. I just wish, though, that someone from SA's office, with all of their degrees and researchers would, at some point, realize there is a big difference between blogs, message boards, facebook walls, and article comments. :banghead:

LOL take it from a certified nerd who follows contract, copyright and trademark cases more often than crime, lawyers/judges are VERY ignorant when it comes to technology.

Fun reading:
MAI v Peak
Vernor v Autodesk

Morning All!!

Although hoping for a jury today I am also hoping the SA uses a few of their remaining strikes to balance things out.

Camera is on the door..... Casey about to come in.

She just came in. Wearing black blouse and tan slacks.

ICA has entered. wearing a brown (black) blouse and khakis

Casey just arrived in court. Down those mimosas! No drinks allowed in the courtoom. ;)

Move on over the the trial thread. Locking up in just a few.

Good morning. Well, I guess today we will seat 12 and the DT can't do anything about it.

It annoys the crap outta me how freakin chipper this <modsnip> always looks!!!! I can't wait for trial to start... I can't wait to see how she reacts to ppl she knows being on the stand..

LAST CALL -

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136554"]ALL ABOARD THE COURTROOM EXPRESS![/ame]

Re: Mistrial
I had a friend who served on jury duty in a case that involved a child molester. While she didn't know any of the people involved in the case, or recognize any names, after the trial was over and she could finally talk about it, it turned out that her sister knew the victim very well. This got back to the defense after the trial was over and they filed for a mistrial. They got it. Knowing this, I would be scared to death to leave ANYTHING out OR not offer anything up that could possibly lead to a mistrial down the road. Again JMO ~

Mandatory mimosas for all. Please pick one up on your way in. (Yes, there are plain OJ ones for our non-drinkers!)

hob_mimosas.jpg

http://singlesisterspeak.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/hob_mimosas.jpg

OH. MY. WORD.

<Races to the bar!>

Yeah, Beach. I think I need a double or a triple of something alcoholic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove