2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
craigatwftv:
Rumors that it could be that Baez is sick, though that doesn't seem like enough to stop the day. Maybe.

Anthony was seated at the defense table and appeared teary-eyed as she walked out of the courtroom.

Stay with WESH 2 News and WESH.com for further details.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27939069/detail.html#ixzz1Mj5a93IC

Kathy Belich is also reporting on WFTV that it looked like Casey had been crying?

It could also be Baez thinks Casey's rights are being violated because of the swearing in of the 12 and letting the alternates know they are alternates. So he's filing a motion. I read this on another site. All my regular sites are just freezing at the moment :(

If JB is filing a motion, how long before it's released to the public? Does anyone know?

We're working on finding out more right now.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 12:15 PM

Someone else also suggested an appeal as to the judge (as in the DT wants another one).

I guess we'll have to wait this one out folks (as Your Honour would say).

MOO

Mel

Casey crying = Something to do with JB. He's going buh bye, I'm betting.

I see three possibilities:

1. Baez asked to withdraw from the case.
  2. Baez was fired by KC.
  3. KC has decided to plea.
They still had jurors waiting to be questioned, and they now have the courtroom reserved through Saturday, so it is not an issue with jury selection. Mason cannot delay it presently by filing a motion or appealing at this time, AFAIK.

JWG - when I see your posts I pay attention. Always. But I really think there's a motion that's gonna drop. I am hoping you're right

Alright here is what I observed:

The Judge was really pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was very mad

Before recess for lunch do you all remember JB saying "I've done all I could to give Miss Anthony a fair trial" The judge responded "I know you have"

This leads me to believe JB is gone.

Could this be a ploy to delay?

Could CA and GA lawsuit named JB and now JB cannot be her attorney because of being to close

Could the bar have something to do with this?

IMO
Baez is filing a Motion that Mason has prepared.
IMO
It has to do with the Motion JBP denied this morning...
IMO
The DT probably has a few things brewing in the background ready to strike at any moment.

Baez did not sound or look ill...Finnell, yes. but she was still present.

At least we can rule out one thing, it can't be heart trouble, JB does not have one!

Baez is the Delay Artist of the century. This is getting to be ridiculous.

I get a bad feeling Baez is Filing a Motion, prepared by Mason...and it is not going to be good news.

I keep having this awful feeling..they are trying to get rid of Perry or they are going above JBP's head...

I agree. Just watched the clip. Judge Perry looked quite subdued.

But why would Baez be allowed to leave to file a motion (unless he played sick) ? Why did not court business keep going? If Baez was sick someone would have said so.

JB either quit or was fired or they are appealing. Mooo

I tend to think it is some kind of an appeal.

I just don't believe JB is gone. Does not make sense.

ICA had a bit of a smirk when she entered the court room
She smiled as she got closer to the DT Table

IMO
Baez and Mason are up to something and she is reveling in the secret

Have to go back and watch again but it seemed she kept her back to CM and only spoke to DS. If so, she's upset with both of them.

baez left courthouse in car w/out other members of defense team who ate in the cafeteria at the courthouse .... per In Session

I caught HHBP hold his hand up (ie: talk to the hand, don't say another word, don't say too much, etc) . . . when HHBP asks CM if he has anything more to add? Furthermore, I saw big eyes to DS from KC as she walked out . . . (ie: we will see what happens . . . you and I know something the rest of the room doesn't, etc).

Who was the judge giving the stink eye to as he was getting up from the bench?

I think the DT is in the process of or has filed an appeal. IMO
However, the in recess until tomorrow morning at 8:30 doesn't fit.

I'm hoping one of the media like KB follows CM to see if he sticks around to see ICA in jail. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the A clan, if one of them suddenly got extremely ill.

I don't believe JB is leaving, but the discussions were enough to cause ICA to bring tears, real ones not the pokey my eye kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro