2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
craigatwftv:
Sheaffer also doesn't think it's an appeal over this morning's motion

I get a bad feeling Baez is Filing a Motion, prepared by Mason...and it is not going to be good news.

I keep having this awful feeling..they are trying to get rid of Perry or they are going above JBP's head...

I agree. Maybe the tears are because the trial will be put on hold and KC thought she was going to be acquitted.

Over on the FA thread this very issue was touched on and I fear is what Baez is up to. However, our awesome FA's did imply that this small win will cost them dearly later on.

RespectfullyQuoted Novice Seeker

I keep watching HHJP and the look he gives. When I hear there was something said or done regarding HHJP, that feels right to me. The look the judge gave was "personal." IMHO.

I am just using intuition. I have no idea as everyone else has no idea.

:twocents:

craigatwftv:

Sheaffer says NOT a plea deal

Sheaffer says not jury pool issue

Sheaffer suspects Baez is sick

Baez is sick? Oh come on, is Baez that desperate he will pull a sickie? Nevermind!

I have to disagree with Mr. Shaeffer on this one. How many lawyers does Casey have? There is NO WAY the courtroom would be in recess until tomorrow just because Baez is sick. That is just plain ridiculous and a bad cover story.

So basically the legal peeps don't know anymore than us.

We are working our buns off on the server issue and appreciate all our WSers' patience! This has been a craaaaayzee day huh! Could someone or ones be a dear and try to post a recap for those just joining us? (Scurries off to modland.)

Jean on IS is saying the DT usually sits together at 1 table for lunch.
Baez was not there and the DT sat at 2 tables...

They are trying to confuse everyone...

craigatwftv:

Sheaffer says NOT a plea deal

Sheaffer says not jury pool issue

Sheaffer suspects Baez is sick

Baez is sick? Oh come on, is Baez that desperate he will pull a sickie? Nevermind!

But why would KC cry just because JB was sick. I mean as far as we know, he's not terminally ill or anything.

Have to agree with ya'll. HHJP was definitely pizzed when he came back into the courtroom.

Baez did not eat lunch in the cafeteria, rest of DT did. Evidently there was a meeting with HHJP in chambers with court reporter to get something on record, according to IS.

Casey was wiping eyes when she came out of recess holding area and when she returned.

Baez was humble in his narrative just before lunch.

JG on IS says CM looked shaken when he left the courthouse. She also re ports that for the first time the DT ate at 2 separate tables in cafeteria...not together as in days past. News crews noted the DT was cleaning off the tables when they got back from recess before CM response to HHJP.

Just wondering the same as all - is JB gone?

I've been thinking "plea" since yesterday...reading lips is not my specialty but watching interaction between DT & ICA yesterday and picking out a word here and there along with reaction and facial expressions...it just looked like they were discussing a plea and the appropriate time to do it. All jmo

I was trying my darndest to read lips during the last break before the lunch break when ICA was speaking to AF, then the new female attorney. She was much more animated and looked to me to be very stressed, maybe frustrated. I wish I knew how to find it again.

I don't think it is an appeal. That would not stop the process at this point, I don't think, I think it would have to be already filed. An appeal would take months.

I think KC finally did just what I have thought all along, fired JB. It is all she had left in her power, he was flirty with attorney lady, with jurors, he ignored her, she got po'ed, made a couple of scenes.

I have no idea, but this is the best bet.

Wouldn't JB send one of his law clerks to do the appeal?

Officials at the Fifth District Court of Appeals say they haven't received anything re #CaseyAnthony

Jean is reporting that normally the defense sits at one table for lunch, however, they were at two different tables.

IMO, JB probably went to file a motion.

However, I am 99% sure that Casey either was crying or had been crying at some point. Not sure why filing this motion would make her cry but she really looked to have red watery eyes to me.

But filing a motion should not stop jury selection. The DT has been filing motions all week (yesterday I believe they did). So something else (IMHO) is going on.

In Session producer is saying on TV he has never seen anything like this in his life.

JA wouldn't tell reporters what happened...per TTV

Really - this is all about death and LWOP. She might as well take LWOP (I can't be bothered). Who on this universe really thinks she's innocent -- really!

Just MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members