2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you believe my server went down for the last 45 minutes????
:banghead::banghead::banghead: I have been yelling at the tech guys and :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: while I :phone: and when they were poking along testing it I :slap: and they increased my whatever from 4 - 10 - and gave me a special number to call. Not impressed - I am still feeling :maddening: - but I did tell them I was taking an online course and missing it!!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Rant over....

Well, this way cuts out about 300 hours of questioning...

So we've resorted to "group voir dire"???????

Every time I've gone in to Court for Jury Duty out here in California this is how it's been done. I'm grateful because we don't end up sitting there forever. And since I work in the legal field I ALWAYS get booted and most of the time by the defense. So it's generally a TOTAL waste of time for me.

But I would LOVE to serve on a jury one day. Most attys don't appreciate anyone with experience in the legal field.

I love how this is going! Could have saved a lot of time if the other 200 were done like that!

HHJP: The two jurors that remain on the first row, there are two that has to call and one that has no hardship. I want you to indicate by saying yes or no to the following questions.

4053: Have you heard about this case in the media? Have you formed any opinions about the guilt or innocence?

4046: Have you heard anything in the media? Have you formed any opinions about the defendants guilt or innocence?

4013, 4191, 4156 all asked the questions above.

4023, 4192-has no opinion, (missed number), 4123 (All numbers had the same questions asked)

HHJP: the deputies will have you fill out contact info and we will tell you when to report tomorrow. Remember my instructions. The court deputies will tell you where to go.

HHJP: Deputy those two who need to call, have them do it before they leave. Thank you. You can turn around and get ready.

It looks like there's 9 from this jury pool. I'm surprised there's so many!

Would you believe my server went down for the last 45 minutes????
:banghead::banghead::banghead: I have been yelling at the tech guys and :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: while I :phone: and when they were poking along testing it I :slap: and they increased my whatever from 4 - 10 - and gave me a special number to call. Not impressed - I am still feeling :maddening: - but I did tell them I was taking an online course and missing it!!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Rant over....

Same thing happened to me this morning . . . also lost phone and cable tv for about 35 min

Oh, the time and tax payer money that could have been saved if only jury selection had been handled in this manner from the beginning.

lol, let me try that again. We started with 29, one was awol. He tossed 20, leaving us with 9. 2 of those are going to call their employer to see if they are comp'd.

That's a hell of a lot of iPads I see in Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills