2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
divorced 5 years in oct. xspouse was employed by grocery store chain.

no previous juror experience.
no family in law enforce, victim, involved no no no
work for project sponser for IT
software implications background
informations system
education in human developement
files stored and retreived from hardwear approach no
has a yorkie, alway had dogs
search and rescue NO
done
defense
are u ready to go home?
asking about thoughts when told cma case, knew who it was yes
had anxiety about the case, one being out of county, job and nature of case.
has children 25 girl, two grand children 3 and 1.
A child gone prematurely and thats very sad.

YES!! She is a grandmother to small children!

Sad thing is, the DT will not want her as a juror since she has grandchildren. :banghead:

IMO this woman is very articulate and very smart!!!! She should definitely be one of the jurors!!!

I really do not understand why they do not get these questions out of the way first ... family,past crime ect noooooo they wait till after an hour of ??/

Finally made it back home so I can post....sounds like CM is being a little snarky to pj

Does anyone else feel like CM is harrassing this PJ? I'd be very short with him by now. You can't even understand half of what he's saying or talking about.

CM: do you care what people say. independent in thought process?

yes

CM: you think you have a grasp on reasonable doubt?

I think so I guess.

CM: beyond a reasonable doubt and you will follow the instructions of JP?

yes

if there is reasonable doubt...

I don't like how he is speaking to this woman. I find it hard to type what he is saying. Mean, mean. Man. IMHO.

I actually think that Mr. M is being a little nasty with this lady and she is great!

Mason makes me sick...he is trying so so hard to get this pj to slip up! I'm tired of his not hearing correctly, tired of his badgering the pjs, just plain TIRED of his attitude. He seems to look down his nose at mere non-attorneys. :maddening:

While that may very well be the case in Pinellas County, it wouldn't be a jury of "Casey's peers". A fair and impartial jury should be comprised of people of various ages, race, religious affiliation, educational background, means, etc. jmo

I was referring more to the availability of jurors for duty vs. employed or ill jurors summoned and not to the diversity of the jurors. That is indeed another topic entirely.

Don't shoot me BUT! I think if the PJ didn't know anything at all about Baez they may be taken by his 'charming' demeanor..Especially compared to Mr. George who doesn't really attempt to play that same 'game'..OTH! Neither does Mr. Mason (even less) so I hope it all equals out?

eta..I wish Miss Burdick would do every one of the personal Qs for the state..First impressions sometimes mean a lot to some ppl..KWIM?

Does CM have a list of questions? OR does he just make them up as he goes?? sounds like he is just fishing!!

She didn't lose a grandchild, she was saying about this case, we have a child who is no longer here, and gone prematurely... implying that she recognizes the gravity of the case.

I :heart: this PJ!!! And the DT will be scrambling like eggs to get rid of her IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333