2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This lady says her kids are grown and gone.

Judge Perry says, "In some ways, that's a blessing" :lol:

We'll be lucky to get 4 or 5 out of this pool of 30. And out of those few potential jurors, the state or defense could strike them for one reason or another.

And they have been exposed to the local media during jury selection. HHJP predicted this. I really like him. :)

Here you all go! Steal away!!

baez-vs-ashton.gif

Attachments

• baez-vs-ashton.gif
    baez-vs-ashton.gif
    73.1 KB · Views: 13
I love when JBP laughs...a beautiful hearty laugh

did he just say Bidness???:floorlaugh: Da Judge,,,He so cute.

This is a sentimental word between me & my dad-Long story, but dad's from Mempho (Memphis) and it's a common pronunciation there :)

most trials are a day or two - and usually there's some kind of compensation for a day or two (or can afford to take the hit) - this was just a regular old jury pool for whatever they had going on today - they wouldn't have been notified anyway, but they wouldn't want to tip their hand

I still think it would be a good idea for every juror to be warned every time they are called to get the policy in regards to employment compensation. JUst a little blurb stating please check your employers policy on payment in regards to jury duty. I was on a 2 week jury once and I had no clue as to my employers policy. I was expecting to get released or be there for a few days.

i don't think ICA should be writing anything at this time sheesh

HHJP: 4175 (last one was for family hardship: excused) I understand sir. Thank you.

Juror 4001 Thank you ma'am.

4156: no hardship? no family matters? In some ways that's a blessing.

4003: and he needs you. thank you.

4109: Okay, thank you.

4098: alright ma'am. Thank you.

So we've resorted to "group voir dire"???????

No- just this "hardship" portion.

HHJP knows that he doesn't need that terribly many. Only 4 strikes left between SA and DT (unless for cause).

pj says no hardship, but husband recently died and has court dates in June and July

KC's just wishing she could claim financial hardship to get out of this...after all she is indigent.

I wish he would tell those with hardships BYE BYE...get them outta there. That is my OCD organizational carp coming through.

AF likes 4119 (I think that was the number?). He has no hardship.

I can't hear any of the PJ's.

You're really not missing too much, just if they have hardships or not.
I'm sure we'll all get to know them better if they return for more questioning.

I still think it would be a good idea for every juror to be warned every time they are called to get the policy in regards to employment compensation. JUst a little blurb stating please check your employers policy on payment in regards to jury duty. I was on a 2 week jury once and I had no clue as to my employers policy. I was expecting to get released or be there for a few days.

I agree and I think anyone who gets summonsed should check it out before they report for duty... I know in my former life once you noticed your boss, he/she noticed HR and you got the policy ... big company though

4002: I missed two before this one.

HHJP: I understand. Thank you.

4083: yeah that's the elderly guy that is awol. oh, I was told he was awol. we will find out what happened.

4192: wouldn't have any. alright thank you.

4016: thank you sir.

4060: alright thank you ma'am.

4123: okay, thank you ma'am.

HHJP: would the state care to inquire?

no sir.

HHJP: the defense?

no

HHJP: may one from each side approach?

side bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online