2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't do it!

ITA. I like him, but yeah, I'm not sure he could actually "do his duty". I think he'd consider LWOP punishment enough.

Aside: KC very serious, no notes, slumped in chair, watching intently.

Couldn't they come up with a word other than "rehabilitate" for this process? I'd hate to think that because of a moral view that I hold, someone thought I needed some sort of rehabilitation. JMO

It would be difficult for him to sentence death. But he could consider it. He says it is difficult to answer right now. He would have a very hard time sentencing someone to death.
Me too.

I consider that a good thing.

Has no problem recommending life in prison but not sure about recommending death. Personally I didn't like his wishy washy answer that he might be able to consider death. He's another one that thinks that death is not something he should decide IMO. Knows that he would have to decide between life and death (if it came to that) and that it would be difficult for him to do. Would not let his views on the death penalty impair his ability as to the defendants guilt or innocence.

I think that once he learns how evil Casey was and sees what happened to that baby he will have no problem voting for the DP.

HHJP: that the agg factors alone are not suff you must recommend LWOP rather than a sentence of death. The process is not a mechanical process. The law contemplates that different factors will be given different weight by different jurors. You and you alone decide what particular factor is given what weight. It is left up to you to weight them. You can give them some weight, great weight or no weight at all. Would you have any problem following that instruction?

No, I would not.

HHJP: you have weighed them, sifted through those and if those facts and circumstances said that DP needed to be imposed could you recommend?

No. I know it is the law but that would be difficult for me to do. Something I have never felt is my decision, hard for me to do.

HHJP: could you consider it and if you felt it was necessary, do it?

I guess I could consider it, being one to make that decision it would be pretty tough for me.

HHJP: no one knows what they will do. but can you consider it?

you are right, you can adapt but standing here today it would be difficult to do.

HHJP: it is the most difficult thing to do for one human being to look at another human being and say that "you should die." That is a brave, brave human.

I agree.

HHJP: could you recommend LWOP?

No. I wouldn't have a problem recommending LWOP.

HHJP: you kind of said you could consider death. think about it and I will get back to it. would your view on the dp, would that prevent you in any way in the first phase from finding the defendant guilty because you would be afraid the dp would be imposed?

No. It wouldn't.

HHJP: if you were there and you found the defendant guilty of murder in the first degree,(lost it sorry)

It would be difficult for me to sentence death but I would have to consider it is my duty, could I actually do it...I am saying I can't really...things would change over the course of eight weeks, I have a hard time giving someone death.

HHJP: how you feel now would you automatically vote no for death without going by the instructions?

No, I would go by the instructions.

HHJP: asked him again.

No, I would not.

HHJP: if you got to that stage would you close your eyes and say no way...

no.

LOL! "No way in hell I would vote for a death sentence". I LIKE HHJP.

No questions. On to general voir dire. Mr. George is up.

Wow, no inquiries from either side in the DP VD.

sad when the pj is more upset at the mention of duct tape on Caylee's face than her own mom. Casey doesn't even have the good sense to fake it

Amen!!! To me it's her own actions and inactions that make her look guilty. The jury will watch her for weeks, they will see what we all see.

It should be this difficult for everyone.

I LOVE this juror.

State should not boot him imo

Lot good about this juror however accepting this juror removes so much the state has worked for in getting a death penalty case against ICA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand