2011.05.20 Jury Selection DAY ELEVEN (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's against the DP in general. That the State of Florida uses it too much...apply the death penalty it's kind of permanent...

Gone....he will be let go for cause, cause being he can't sentence anyone to death....buh bye....JMHO

Defense renews pre trial motion....3050 excused for cause...does not fit criteria witt vs wainright....

HHJP: prob with capitol cases, what is the prob?

strong moral position against the state putting people to death. I am offended they do it in my name.

HHJP: would your views on the dp prevent you from finding the defendant guilty because the dp might be imposed.

I don't know. Having not ever been there, I can't honestly say one way or the other. I think I can set it aside but then comes the issue of what comes after.

HHJP: would you automatically if we got to that stage, these are hypotheticals, and Miss Anthony had been found guilty, in the second phase would you automatically vote for no dp?

Yes, that position is correct. I have a problem on two levels, one is religious which you might find funny. I feel the state of FL has miss applied it. 1979 I was screaming about bob graham. At least three times people were minutes of death, if you apply the dp it is permanent.

HHJP: would your feelings about the dp, stop you...

yes

HHJP: please step outside. Excused.

HHJP: the defense brings up there motions. Over their objections the juror is excused.

SA - move to excuse for cause; DT - object and renews their pre-trial motion re DP and the rest. #3050 excused for cause

#3060 up. Any info on this PJ? TIA!

3060 sounds to be in his 30's, strong voice, power voice. Medium tone

Capture.jpg

Motion to keep the guy that hates the death penality.... Denied

306 - previous notes

#3060: Male. No hardships. Works for the school board. Isn't sure if they pay or not. Has 2 weeks vacation pay if they don't pay..the remaining 6 weeks would be "alright". Would resort to using savings.

Welcome Paralegalntraining!!!! A big shout out to all lurkers . . . .go ahead sign up and join in . . .we would love to have your voice to ride along with us!

why does the judge let some jurors on that say they don't believe in the death penalty. He has let some on that say that because he finally brow beats them into saying they consider it or at least judge her guilty in spite of not being able to vote for the DP. I thought this was suppose to be a death qualified jury.

Also, why was the defense objecting that the judge finally did get rid of the last guy??? That guy said he didn't even think he could judge her guilty because of the DP. What did they use for their objection?

would probably be better to use AFAM when describing an African American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7