2011.05.26 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Three (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joypath-
Will they forensically be able to disprove their new "drowning" story? Someone mentioned on another thread that bone marrow might hold clues when someone drowns?

Great question SINCE just a skeleton remained AND from what "we've" been able to read in discovery, NO EVIDENCE of DIATOMS within the remaining bone marrow. I ASSUME that Jan did "sections" on the bone to evaluate the conditions of the celluar material within the marrow.

Diatoms are unicellar "critters" /algae/phytoplankton who can be found in fresh H2O in addition to other sources. They are quite hardy and CAN traverse throughout the human anatomy without impact on the human.

After listening to the talking heads through lunch, I give up....opened a Stella Artois and ready to go for the afternoon circus, uhm, trial.

This case is going to drive me insane.

I really dont see where the SA is doing a good job establishing Casey as a cold blooded murderer. I think the defence could do better as well but mainly I believe reasonable doubt is being established.

GA was hard to get responces from ,His cop experiance was showing on how he answered some things. Yet his actions in his own home life do not reflect that.

So far the tape is only in GA hands after Caylee died.

It looks like the tape was not used on anything else in the home before Calyee was found.

I can see the defence working alot of things into the case via GA. Including a jail house tape.

I dont think it is an aha moment as we knew it would happen but I do believe where we didnt think the jury would buy it before , we now have something to worry about.

This is only the third day of the trial...

Brick by brick. That's how the prosecution is building its case.

Cindy Anthony will be a totally different story -she worked VERY hard to protect her daughter from guilt and said many things that were out right lies in order to ruin the prosecution's case. Her deposition alone favors the defense.

There is no way CINDY can come out on the prosecution's side now, she may just remain neutral and answer and yes and no.

I think Cindy will surprise us, like George did. I don't think she and George would even be sitting on the same side of the room if they were in disagreement about testimony. They appear to be supporting each other thru this. I do think Cindy's testimony will be even more emotional than George's. I think they finally decided to do the right thing by Caylee.

As someone else said before, the state must have warned them what was coming because they didn't act surprised at the allegations. Hopefully that was the final straw with them in regarding to supporting Casey.

I think the jury has a good idea that whatever is at her parent's home she considered her own. That duct tape is not something that would be under lock and key-- super easy to use, and return, imo.

Just wait until they get a load of Amy-- the defendant has no boundaries whatsoever.

My daughter, age 22, is as hooked as I am NOW. She used to think I was crazy..."are you on that website again?"...But a sshe is out of school for the summer and NOT WORKING at this time...every night she says..."Make sure you wake me up in the morning when you leave so I can watch the trial." I find it so funny. We talk about it all night until last night I said, we have to watch NCIS or something different. I cannot take one more minute of listening to stuff about the defense team!

Never in a million years did I think my daugher would get up VOLUNTARILY at 7:00 a.m.

OMG -- my 21 yr old son used to view me crazy and now he asked to be woke up for trial too. If he has to miss testimony (for school) he texts often and that is first thing he asks about when he gets home.

PERRY TIME - has become a game in our house. He even pulled a fast one on his GF yesterday and texted her: "I will pick you up at 20 minutes after the hour of two." So now, we no longer tell time 'informally'!!!!!!!!

George has always been honest with the police and I believe he is being honest at the trial. George may have presented a different side to the public, but that may have been to hide his dealings with the police from his family more than anything else.

At the get go I truly believe GA KNEW his daughter did something......but wasn't allowed to say anything--IMO that house was ruled by ICA and CA....GA wasn't allowed to share much...you can tell in earlier interviews...than he drank that darn koolaid.....seems like perhaps an intervention took place and perhaps he is setting things straight....

I think Cindy will surprise us, like George did. I don't think she and George would even be sitting on the same side of the room if they were in disagreement about testimony. They appear to be supporting each other thru this. I do think Cindy's testimony will be even more emotional than George's. I think they finally decided to do the right thing by Caylee.

As someone else said before, the state must have warned them what was coming because they didn't act surprised at the allegations. Hopefully that was the final straw with them in regarding to supporting Casey.

Caylee still pays the bills if they sold that exclusive video that N. Grace had on.

Would the state have kept any bones as evidence until the trial ends and/or ica is executed?

:twocents: The standard behavior is to turn over to the next of kin ALL human remains unless the death certificate has a "pending" on the COD. It does depend upon the laws within the jurisdiction. IMHO, of course.

:smile: I really like TH Casey Jordan. Her perception, imp, is always spot-on.

In my heart of hearts this is what happened. She had Post-P Depression.....got pregnant unexpectedly, "allegedly" the father died in an accident, she wanted to give baby up for adoption or abort, Cindy said NO. Cindy harped and harped on her re taking care of Caylee (rightfully so but didn't see the s/sx of post-p depression and get her help). Numerous fights/anxiety ensued with family, felt everyone forgot about her and loved caylee more than her from her ex-boyfriend to family.....grew to completely resent caylee and had a family fight for the "last time" w/ threats of taking away caylee from her and she snapped.....and killed caylee....this way to get back at Cindy and alleviate her "burden" from keeping her from having fun like her friends. I don't think Caylee died by drowning...I personally think ica snapped and it was a long time coming.....does she deserve the death penalty? Honestly, I do not know.....the Bible says an "eye for an eye" however only God can truely judge but what she did is just completely unforgiveable. She should at the very least be spade and sent to prison for life so she can never have another child or harm another child.

LET THE FIREWORKS FLY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~most respectfully snipped to save bw space and bbm~

On January 26th 1970, my mother stabbed herself in her chest with a steak knife and died. She suffered from what we now know is PPP.

I have one brother and 3 sisters. We were lucky, some teensy part of the person she was remained. She spared our lives. To save space I'm trying to keep this post short, so I won't get into the details. We now know after the birth of her first child; my sister my mother sufferered from PPD. Then, I came along and the symptoms worsened. By the time she had her 5th and last child she suffered from full blown PPP.

I'm sort of an armchair advocate for education regarding these illnesses, for obvious reasons. I followed the Andrea Yates case from beginning to end.

The defendant never suffered from PPD, never. The defendant is not mentally ill. The defendant was never sexually abused. She meets the criteria IMO for many personality disorders. This board is filled with opinions, observations, etc...regarding the defendants behavior, some of the opinions were offered by RN's.

Great question SINCE just a skeleton remained AND from what "we've" been able to read in discovery, NO EVIDENCE of DIATOMS within the remaining bone marrow. I ASSUME that Jan did "sections" on the bone to evaluate the conditions of the celluar material within the marrow.

Diatoms are unicellar "critters" /algae/phytoplankton who can be found in fresh H2O in addition to other sources. They are quite hardy and CAN traverse throughout the human anatomy without impact on the human.

Please help me out. WHAT?

Have to take short nap. Pain pill has me about to fall out. Will be back after the lunch break.

Migraines stink. I blame JB for this one......think I have a case??

SOTS. I feel your pain today, I too am suffering through a migraine
:therethere: :hug:

I am also pretty sure that I read somewhere that she save some bone...perhaps they are running that test now?????

Wow, thats not good for the state. Maybe Caylee wasn't put in the car until after June 24th. Wouldn't that be a hoot if the forensics said that Caylee didn't die on June 16th, squashing the pool drowning theory of JB

Actually I think she was removed already by this date - which is the GAS Can date is it not?

Don't forget we have KC herself texting Amy about the death smell in her car.

Cindy Anthony will be a totally different story -she worked VERY hard to protect her daughter from guilt and said many things that were out right lies in order to ruin the prosecution's case. Her deposition alone favors the defense.

There is no way CINDY can come out on the prosecution's side now, she may just remain neutral and answer and yes and no.

I have a hard time believing CA can only answer with yes or no's. MOO...But she just can't do it.

So my six year old niece gave herself her first haircut last night. It's really bad and my sister is freaking out. :floorlaugh:

Made me think how Caylee will never get to give herself a crazy haircut. :banghead:

We've all done this to ourselves when we were little... at least most of us and I am sure there are parents here who have experienced this moment with their own children.

Sweet Caylee, I am so sorry!

bbm
Yup
all my daughters have given themselves "haircuts" when they were younger...

(I've got west coast IS-- GA just took the stand...)

This is something I do not get. When JA called George up on the stand the first day and asked him about the abuse allegations and the covering up Caylee's death accusations, it opened the door for Jose to question George about these issues and he didn't? He had gotten all our attention with those wild accusations and then... nothing followed in the questioning of George Anthony? He just allowed it to... linger and I think the jury has to be just as confused as we all are about why JB didn't question George about these accusations when he had that chance?? Is he waiting for when he presents his own case and George is his witness to bring it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi