2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it's back to being Cindy's fault Caylee was not safe and with her mother?

DS is forgetting herself, the breathiness is already gone. mo

We all think juror 6 has fallen asleep.
by stevehelling via twitter at 11:33 AM

Via Discovery ID

Juror 6 — The Chef: White male, 33, married, two children, ages 6 and 21 months. Sells restaurant equipment and is in Orlando on business once a week. Has University of Florida business degree and owns a cat. Did not want to be on the jury. Could vote for the death penalty; “If the law dictated it, I would be able to follow it.”

I hate to say it, but she is A LOT better than Baez. I am actually following her line of questioning.

DS w/LA

7/3 or 7/4 in Chicago? Thinks he was in Chicago in June....not 7/3 he was downtown.... on 7/15/08 LA was there when CA called police....@ the time believe crime committed? (object- sustained) The car in garage had white writing on in...not a message or letter...assume from tow company......that car KC drove.....GA had extra set of keys allow him to access vehicle and trunk.....talk w/kc whispered to her one time . .. . kc crying....GA arrived prior to police he didn't go into kc room and ask what going on . . . prior to LE arrive on that date....GA didn't ask LA what was going on (object-sustained rephrase).....there were no questions your father asked prior to police arrive . . .not recall.......during time confrontation between CA & kc - LA role was peacemaker.....observation CA focus was not to fix situation......dwelling on can't believe we are in this situation vs. where is Caylee how do we find her.....CA behavior and comments toward kc . .. kc didn't have chance to respond......
TL's house bags were packed except for laptop bag.....Believe bag pack by TL? object-sustained . . .DS can I explain? . . . approach sidebar

So it looks like Lee is much more of a defense witness. Looks like he is in their back pocket. I wonder if he is going to admit to molesting her or trying to when younger to help her case???

The judge HAS to be sick of educating the defense team on how to question a witness. He has to be sick of it...

:smile: LA seems to be doing better now. And I like how he refrains from giving a full-blown novella with each response, if you know what I mean.

How much of this is the jury really picking up on? I'm listening to it, too, and I'm just thinking... snooze, we've heard every part of this story already. From Tony, Amy, CA...

Cross exam of LA
DS: As I understand it - you are ICA's older brother?
LA: Correct
DS: Back to 7-3-08 - that evening - you indicated you rec'd 2 phone calls from your mother. Is that correct? Initially several phone calls?
LA: Initially I think I might have gotten one phone call.
DS: No mention of Caylee being missing?
LA: That's correct.
DS: To your knowledge, your mom didn't call your dad to find Casey that night?
LA: I have no idea.
DS: On 7-3-08 you left for Chicago and stayed until about 7-15?
LA: What day?
DS: 7-3 or 7-4
LA: I don't remember exactly - I think it was more in June. Definitely not on the 3rd July ....
DS: From 6-15 to 7-3 of 2008 - you saw your mom approx. one time
LA: Sounds about correct
DS: On 7-15-08 you indicated you were present when your mom called hte police?
LA: Yes
DS: At that time you didn't believe any crime had been committed
Objection.
Sustained
DS: The sunfire in the garage - it had some white shoe polish writing on it?
Was it your understanding it was writing from tow company?
DS: The sunfire in the garage on the 7-15-08 - that was the car Casey drove ?
LA: Correct
DS: Your father had extra set of keys?
DS: This would have allowed him to access the vehicle and trunk?
DS: When you were talking with Casey - there were time periods you were whispering to her?
LA: One time in particular
DS: She was crying?
LA: Yes ma'am
DS: When your father arrived, prior to police - he did not go into Casey's room and say what's going on?
LA: I don't believe so.
DS: In fact, prior to the police arriving on that date, you father didn't ask you what was going on?
Objection
Sustained. Rephrase ?.
DS: There were no questions that your dad asked you prior to the police arriving?
LA: Not that I recall
DS: During time in which this confrontation you talked about between mom and sister - your role was peacemaker/mediator?
LA: Yes, doing my best.
DS: Your mom's focus based on your observation was more instead of trying to fix the situation - how could you not tell us - why did you let so much time lapse - she was dwelling on I can't believe we're in this situation rather than how can we fix this - what can we do to find Caylee?
LA: That sounds correct.
DS: Your mom's behavior/comments towrads casey it appeared to you that Casey didn't have a chance to respond?
LA: Sure. Yeah.
DS: When you went to TL's house - those bags were already packed
LA: Yes - except for laptop.
DS: It's your belief those bags were packed by TL?
Objection
Sustained
Approach to sidebar

The number of objections by the State should be a big indicator as to her strategy and bag of tricks.

She also knows that Lee has a propensity for talking A LOT....and she wants to ease him into saying things that will later be used against him on Direct examination by the DT!!!!

I remember Lee stating in an LE interview..Casey was sloppy and he didn't believe she packed the bags.

Wonder were Dorothy is going with the "who packed the bag" questioning?????
Trying to implicate Tony L in some way...and if he packed the bag maybe he did something to the computer and that is why casey wanted to talk to him so urgently..

Just speculating

Did my eyes deceive me? WFTV was showing footage of what looked like the Sunfire driving up somewhere with what looked like a evidence tag on the windshield. Is that old footage or are they bringing the car to the jury?!

UGGH.... So I thought the lady lawyer for Casey would come out with her guns fireing but yet again another Defense lawyer that is just as bad as Beaz... She is horrible and I'ts only been 3 minutes... her voice is like nails on a chalk board..

Take it from an attorney, this woman FAR outclasses JB. She knows what the heck she's doing. But her voice does bother me. I do believe it is intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sara45