2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

DS w/LA

LA didn't pack those bags......object-sustained DS said she was midway through her question....you sister didn't pack that bag....object

Bags had no odor.....GA details cars and cleans cars inside and out.....he would do that every weekend or every other weekend.....laptop w/bluescreen.....when LA arrived TL was there @ the apartment.....LA cannot say whether TL caused screen to be blue (object- speculation- sustained)

All DT has subject to recall..... redirect

FG
re: phone call on 7/3 from CA . . ..testified Caylee had not been missing, and KC not been home
(object - FG they opened the door . . . DS appears they are trying to elicit hearsay from this witness . . .approach)

DS: That opinio that your sister did not pack that bag, can you tell me is it an assumption?
Objection.
Sustained
DS: The bags you picked up - they had no odor?
LA: No
DS: In your family, it's your father you details/cleans the cars inside and out?
LA: Yes
DS: He would do that if not every weekend, every other weekend?
LA: Absolutely
DS: The laptop with the blue screen... when you arrived at TL's apt., he was there for you to obtain that laptop?
LA: Yes he was.
DS: You as we sit here today cannot say that he might have been the one to cause the screen to become blue?
Objection
Sustained
DS: That's all we have. Subject to recall.
Redirect
FG: Regaarding the phone call from your mom - Caylee wasn't mentioned?
LA: Caylee wasn't "missing." Caylee & Casey have not been home....
Objection. Hearsay
FG: The door has already been opened.
DS: He's seeking to elicit hearsay
HHJP: Approach for a second.

on the cross that was

8 objections sustained

1 objection overruled

1 sidebar

The number of objections by the State should be a big indicator as to her strategy and bag of tricks.

She also knows that Lee has a propensity for talking A LOT....and she wants to ease him into saying things that will later be used against him on Direct examination by the DT!!!!

O/T If your not a lawyer you should be! :twocents:

Re: George having keys to the car and trunk, what worries me IIRC< is Simon Burch, from the Tow Company, said they did not lock the gate at night.

Does anyone remember this?

Don't most household have a key box, bowl or drawer where all the extra sets of keys are stored?

Stating that George has they keys is the same as asking if Cindy had access to the keys. Unless George carried those keys on his person 24/7 this is an accusation that is not founded in reality of daily living. :banghead:

Oh goodness, a nice, sweet, friendly, "morning Lee". Isn't he supposed to be the horrid child molester?

Gitana!

If she comes off hostile to the witness she will alienate him immediately and he will have his guard off. I always thought that it was better in a cross examination to elicit the answers you want from the witness whilst remaining pleasant, courteous and professional (the witness in some cases might not know that he has given an answer damaging to his testimony on direct). There is a difference between examining crossly and cross-examination!

However, I imagine that given your experience you think it is best, when cross-examining an alleged child molester (where the alleged molestation is relevant to the case) before a jury that it is best to imply a degree of disdain for him?

ICA just by the allegations.... RUINED his, LA's life... allegations alone.. DESTROY!! QUOTE] Snipped

I agree, he's engaged to be married, getting ready to start and build a life. Thinking ahead, these allegations will hurt him forever. The accusations will stick in the mind of everyone he meets, jobs, other friends,etc. Especially when they have children, will he be seen as a potential sex offender? ICA took down alot of people with her. :maddening:

I'm sorry but every time we see one of ICA's Dream Team in action I just want to laugh! Who does she think she is influencing with that little girl voice?

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
One juror is sitting straight up on edge of seat. #CaseyAnthony -fell

Jesse Grund.

Intermezz, sorry, yes JG is probably out in the hallway but is present for court. I heard the wftv guy say he was there. I'm not sure why I said 'courtroom' -
sorry if that was misleading.

How does Lee know that ICA didn't pack the bags?

Because Lee had stated to LE that he was surprised to find the items in the bag well packed and organized...Casey was known to me messy and just throw stuff in a bag...
IMO Casey was being neat and clean during her 31 days away from home..

Why does Lee seem more open with the defense!!!!

jmhoo but he didn't... there was an objection every other word.... it came off that way because of all the starts and stops.. All the important info got in:
1)spiteful b!tch
2)caylee was a mistake
3)phone call from caylee
4)odor in car
5)dead computer

again moo

She might have been a SLOB at home but she was a FAKE...she was trying to impress a new boyfriend...cleaning, cooking and such.

IMO...she worked it when she needed to. At home she didn't need to.

Is it fair to say that my opinion of DS' voice while questioning LA makes me want to :sick:

I heard her I believe with Dr VAss during the Frey hearings and she sounded like a bulldog. She sounded nothing like this little girl voice she's putting on.

I can't stand the game playing.

The sidebars today are excruciating. After seeing Lee on the stand I appreciate even more just what a spectacular witness CA was for the prosecution. She remembered every little detail about what KC had told her during those 31 days. Can you imagine how long her direct examination would have gone on if LDB had had to refresh her memory with prior statements over and over?

Help me out here. I don't understand how her questioning was good - twitter has it that the jurors look sleepy, are rubbing eyes, etc. Her quiet voice probably didn't help. She didn't uncover anything new as far as I could tell. Tony already testified about who packed the bag (wasn't Tony, wasn't KC, wasn't Lee - probably LE?). The questions were few and far between so easy to lose the thread of her direction.... ???

What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members