2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to watch/listen today. Can someone catch me up on the Nanny in the chair thing? TIA

IMO - Playing the casting director, I choose Jon Lovitz from Saturday Night Live as my "pick" to play Jose Baez in any movies, made-for-tv movies, etc.

Help! I've not been able to watch or follow all day and I can't find the morning session thread or the afternoon thread. Can someone link? TIA

I worked a case with the IP were the person wrongfully confessed and it was determined later that it was confabulation, which is usually something that is done by a person with Korsakoff Syndrome. We actually worked with Dr Sanjay Gupta and Richard Ofshe and Richard Leo. The only problem that I see with this scenario is that most of the time they are too forthcoming with information and usually feel remorse, from what I was told when working that case. It is why so many of the people that you hear about that have it (which isn't many, unless you are looking) have confessed to a crime they did not commit. Most often it is found in serious drug users and they often black out and when they can't remember or understand what has happened, they fill in the blanks with what they believe is the most likely scenario. They then, if they feel they were responsible, are overwhelmed with guilt and then confess. Who knows how the fake sexual abuse would play off of that tho.

Here was the study on the people who had wrongfully confessed, including the case I was working: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1141365

The article I read would not help the defense...it would be reaching, like everything else...it just made me think of this case...
It seems as though the people with the actual brain damage could not help themselves from lying...

Just thinking outloud here.....I know that the jury cannot see the diff ICA when they are not in the court room....but the judge sure can.....and doesn't he have the "final" say so?

Oooh, good point! I think he does in the penalty phase (should there be one).

I've been thinking about TL. I don't think he loved casey, I think he was tired of her and was wanting to get out of the relationship. He didn't let her stay at his place when he went to NY, she never left any toilet items at his house.

The biggest clue for me was when he testified he said. He talked to her on the phone that morning but wasn't getting anywhere so he hung up and WENT TO CLASS. If you love someone, you would be thinking, her child is missing, she isn't making any sense, I need to be with her at her darkest hour. Instead, he goes off to class never to talk to her again. He was probably thinking ... wow what a loon, this is a perfect opportunity to dump her. Dropped her like a hot potato, just like all of her other friends. Instantly.

I would like to think, that the person that loved me would at least come to see me in person and see if I was OK emotionally and talk about the situation. Nope not TL, he wanted no part of her.

And he didn't exactly say that he loved her, he said that he told her that he loved her.

It is making me crazy that the defense is trying to paint LE as wrong for not being more suspicious of KC's story and running the investigation differently. Jose said in opening that Caylee drowned and it was an accident. So why is trying to make LE look wrong?

Wrong for not guessing there could have been an accident? KC was asked that and denied it. Jose is doing a very poor job and I can't wait to see what he presents when it is his turn.

I would like to know when KC told Jose about this accident. Why did he not go to the state attorneys when he found out and avoid this trial? Why did KC sit in jail for three years if it was accident? Makes no sense.

What Jose should be doing now is pointing out behaviors, etc. of KC that would support the accident theory. Of course IMO there isn't anything but this attacking of each witness is not supporting the accident theory either.
They have nothing else imo.

I have not; if I recall correctly. ever posted my feelings about this Baez guy. I recognize and make an attempt keep in mind that defense attorney's are doing their job. I've seen so much objectional behavior on his part over the years, and kept quiet. Today; I just could not stand another second of looking at him and listening to him.

I am telling you I have never seen a defense attorney behave like this man. His conduct is abhorrent. I am sick and tired of having to watch him. I'm so aggravated. Did you see him smiling and nodding and bleckkkkkkkkkkk whatever at the jurors. Sickening.

I have followed lots of trials and had felt some resentments and/or negative feelings along the way, towards a defense attorney; if I thought that the defendant was guilty. However, all the while trying very hard to keep in mind that this is how our justice system works and that an accused person on trial as a defendant is presumed innocent.

I've liked Yuri's devotion to Caylee and I have the feeling that he is someone that my DH and I would like to have as a neighbor. He just seems like a nice hard working man. Why then was he yawning during listening to the taped interview at Universal? Was that sort of a ho-hum we do this every day type of message he was attempting to convey to the jury when the questions became rough and strongly worded? I noticed that his yawns sort of were in sync with when the questioning got a bit more confrontational and the voices became a bit louder. Still, it seemed inappropriate to me.

Here's the deal... I need to work on gaining some sort of faith in this jury. You never know what a jury is going to do. Once they deliberate I need to have faith that they will concentrate on the facts only and the integrity of the person giving the testimony.

Oh my. Just when you think things can't get any more ridiculous, JB goes and opens his mouth. Ah well. At least he never fails to disappoint us each day.

Respectfully snipped.

I think of it as comic relief ;)

Here's the morning thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138189"]2011.06.02 TRIAL Day Eight (Morning Session) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And, whenever you miss the trial, this site has it all listed in parts at the end of each day so you can catch up (it actually lists them as the day goes on).

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/index.html

Help! I've not been able to watch or follow all day and I can't find the morning session thread or the afternoon thread. Can someone link? TIA

little ICA has SINGLE HANDIDLY created a NEW KIND OF CRIMINAL.... ICA has FOREVER changed, added to, or mad new, terms for psychological disorders and for what its worth, will be REQUIRED reading for psych/shrink students, police and detective students and lawyers/judges for YEARS TO COME!!! she alone and along with her wonderful team... are surely, making history in one way or another as is the PT...

I switched my light saber out for a syringe LOL....

eta: a syringe is more fitting for a nurse LOL

Well Nursie I don't know what you've got in that syringe, but hit me up Sista :behind: cause I'm in some serious pain after listening to that recording!:great:

She couldn't claim it was an accident, she knew Caylee was tossed like trash and that pesky duct tape

(wanted to get to this earlier, but RL DH needed mulch - don't ask)

Linda & SOTS (sorry couldn't get it to multi quote):
r
A) As for her having the drowning scenario laid out at her feet and she didn't jump...

B) Duct tape - and knowing the detectives wouldn't believe an accident with that in play. (not to mention the dump site)

The above are two of the best observations of today - and clearly demonstrate ICA's CYA strategy. She needed to buy a lot of time for decomp to destroy any COD evidence - and that duct tape corresponded to exactly to what I think she planned - a murder kidnap by the Nanny ( a la the 100th episode of One Tree Hill). Oh she put the tape there alright - thinking the nanny bit would hold water. She was so busy confabulating her story that she didn't reckon on the easy out. It's her signature.

I have not; if I recall correctly. ever posted my feelings about this Baez guy. I recognize and make an attempt keep in mind that defense attorney's are doing their job. I've seen so much objectional behavior on his part over the years, and kept quiet. Today; I just could not stand another second of looking at him and listening to him.

I am telling you I have never seen a defense attorney behave like this man. His conduct is abhorrent. I am sick and tired of having to watch him. I'm so aggravated. Did you see him smiling and nodding and bleckkkkkkkkkkk whatever at the jurors. Sickening.

I have followed lots of trials and had felt some resentments and/or negative feelings along the way, towards a defense attorney; if I thought that the defendant was guilty. However, all the while trying very hard to keep in mind that this is how our justice system works and that an accused person on trial as a defendant is presumed innocent.

I've liked Yuri's devotion to Caylee and I have the feeling that he is someone that my DH and I would like to have as a neighbor. He just seems like a nice hard working man. Why then was he yawning during listening to the taped interview at Universal? Was that sort of a ho-hum we do this every day type of message he was attempting to convey to the jury when the questions became rough and strongly worded? I noticed that his yawns sort of were in sync with when the questioning got a bit more confrontational and the voices became a bit louder. Still, it seemed inappropriate to me.

Here's the deal... I need to work on gaining some sort of faith in this jury. You never know what a jury is going to do. Once they deliberate I need to have faith that they will concentrate on the facts only and the integrity of the person giving the testimony.

I thought he looked very tired this morning when he got up on the stand - and his yawns seemed to me to be all about fatigue. The guy is a detective - maybe he was working last night?

She sure is...right there, third seat, front row! :great:
1112jury.jpg

OMG! It looks like Zanny's sitting on poor Juliette! :(

That Sunny Hostin needs to go. She makes such ridiculous comments I can't stand to listen to her. She has no credibility. Why they keep her on the show is beyond me. She must work for Baez.

IMO Casey never wanted Caylee. She probably ignored the symptoms of pregnancy like she did the stench in the car.... until it was too late. IIRC She wanted to give Caylee up for adoption and her parents convinced her not to.

I know this is harsh but if she never wanted a baby why not have an abortion?No one forced her to have a baby. According to Cindy, the day Casey told her she was pregnant they started planning Caylee's room and shopping for baby stuff. I think she only told Kiomarie that she wanted to give her up for adoption, Cindy never said anything about that on the stand. Not that it matters now anyway...

I think that whoever the father really is, Casey was trying to trap him. I think when Caylee's dad had no interest in being with her, so she told Jesse it was his baby. I don't think Caylee's father is even dead, I think he wanted nothing to do with her and this upset Casey enough to write him off as "dead" in her book. I think someone said before it could have been someone older and married and that's why he's never come forward to claim her as his. The tragic accident story was conveniently offered so that people would stop asking about Caylee's dad and no one would try to find him. So I think she had Caylee on purpose to try to land a man...that didn't work out like she thought it would. Caylee was a prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523