2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SO, Linda K Baden announces this morning on TV (HLN I think?) that the defense was going to drop a BOMBSHELL today...

So is THIS the bombshell? The "new expert witness" who is going to explain so we will all understand???????

....cause I don't think it is going to work. Don't think it is possible to "explain KC"...

LKB was on two shows last night. So apparently she is the defense's mouthpiece?...and yet, she is "no longer on the DT?" She needs to be hog-tied and a gag order put on her. I am so glad that this jury is sequestered...can you imagine if LKB could "get to them!"

My question is, how did the DT come to be in possession of GA's medical records and why? I would think the only way they would have them is with GA's permission, right?

Maybe I've got the wrong impression, but did anyone else think it sounded like the defense team just randomly searched for someone who could testify about grief on the internet? That's what it seemed like to me. When did they find her? Did they do this while the tapes were playing? Did they hear those tapes again and think "well...I guess we'd better try to get someone to explain her behavior?" That's what it seems like to me.

I don't know how to quote a message from another thread to bring it here, so I copy and pasted what I thought was a good question:

Old Today, 04:40 PM

Ok... so IF they can bring in this witness... who can talk about how people act
when dealing with grief... and as the Judge said... grief does "not usually set in
until a body has been found"... would this then allow the tape of her reaction
when Caylee had been found?

After trial, at 1:00 p.m.

Oh good. We're going to get a full day Saturday! I can't wait for this cause hearing. I wonder if George and his lawyer know about this medical records issue.

So is it that they didn't anticipate SA showing these tapes which refute their theory so now they want to change their story? Oh, yeah, JBs word is gold alright

Yes, this was coming from the man who had to wear hip-waders during that opening statement...un-freaking-believable.

Attention !!! Quick....Fill up the quotation, exclaimation, and question marks (oh heck - fill them all up) in the hopper 'cuz it's gonna be full of gramatical errors tonight!!!!!!!

YNot, thanks for the abundance of liquor!!!

Beach - stay away from the tofu ..... I need real comfort stuff not pretend Anything! Get it! (I am on a roll (role?)

How was the Defense able to obtain George's medical records? Aren't there privacy laws surrounding such things, even in a sunshine state?

He isn't on trial. Why would Casey or her defense be allowed to get them?

Hey - did anybody notice that DS didn't "comfort" ICA as much today? In fact, I didn't even know she was there until late today.

SO, Linda K Baden announces this morning on TV (HLN I think?) that the defense was going to drop a BOMBSHELL today...

So is THIS the bombshell? The "new expert witness" who is going to explain so we will all understand???????

....cause I don't think it is going to work. Don't think it is possible to "explain KC"...

So the defense changed their strategy from PTSD to a different way to grieve? :maddening:

As someone sitting here all day every day, trying to plow through this testimony along with this jury, may I just say that I'm REALLY starting to get ticked off with the DT. They tell us ICA acted inappropriately after the "accidental drowning" of her daughter because she was traumatized by SA, and lives in a fantasy world (or something, I dunno) as a result of that. Now the DT springs this grief "expert" on us? FOR WHAT? Is it grief that made ICA party her butt off after Caylee "drowned" or was it SA that caused that?!

I don't know what points the DT are addressing any more, I don't know what their "theories" are any more, and quite frankly, I'm starting to feel like they are just giving us all the runaround here.

Extremely frustrating, and yes...infuriating!

I really think that ICA lies as much to her defense team as she has to everyone else. We'll probably hear all about it someday.

OK - report from my law clerk re this last minute thingy....

She said judge will let them take depo, read it, and then most likely not let it in. He's just being safe. You know, that dirty word A..P..P..E..A..L..

It is still a colossal waste of time and money! :gavel:

My question is, how did the DT come to be in possession of GA's medical records and why? I would think the only way they would have them is with GA's permission, right?

Hmmm, good thinking, I am not sure you can subpoena the records since GA is not the one charged with any crimes.

My dad, who hasn't followed the case until now, just told me all they've done is prove she's a liar.

I thought Jose said we already got our AH HA moment when we heard his opening statement it would explain everything?:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I still waiting to hear how Kronk got & hid the body. Seriously, I can't wait for them to put on their case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop