2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am almost convinced that KC's kidnapping story was a better defense than the drowning.

I just want to say thanks to everybody putting up with my dumb questions today & in the future.

I was a long-time JBR lurker who joined for Kyron. I want the 'WS veterans' to know that yesterday (?) when JB tried to bring up WS & "DickTracyOrlando", my FIRST reaction was 'WS is the tightest site on the web. He is barking up the WRONG tree there.'
And I mean 'tight' in the nicest way possible. NO rumors allowed, nothing that would compromise a case, EVER.
It's also great to be able to come here and discuss sometimes emotional subjects without the nasty/crazy interfering.
Thanks to all you kind & civil folks, and of course the moderators!

Now please chastise me for OT.

Ahoyhoy (exxxxxxccellent name by the way)

You're in the bar - discussing the case - I don't think you could be more on topic. And you're right! You're golden!

Does the prosecution read over here? I agree that this nurse witness isn't for Casey (maybe a little) but for GA. They will say he was guilty of helping hide the body and that made him depressed and his daughter sitting in jail was his fault so he tried to kill himself. I think this is all to do with GA, not KC. I hope the judge doesn't allow this when this woman has no knowledge of KC or GA. Thats just plain not right. Neither have been examine by her.

Yet another clown to add to the act.

I want to point out that ^ is not bashing,because she starts by saying she wanted to be a famous stage performer and 6 minutes in ,it's a literal comedy act with punch lines and everything. Poor kids trying to laugh,but it's not that kind of funny and it's not about grief,yet.

Does she have a book coming out? :banghead:

The Dream Team has had an epiphany - where once they dreamed this case would bring them fame and fortune, now they pray they are dreaming, this is a nightmare and when they wake up in the morning - it will be "all gone" and never have actually happened.

Like the season of Dallas in the 80's? Next season will be a do over? Sorry JB, it's all very, very real - that "woman" sitting next to you really wrapped THREE PIECES of DUCT TAPE around her daughter's tiny head. You sir carried her to this point - deal with it.

I think him letting go of the abuse excuse,the jury will hold that agaisnt him for they are probably waiting to hear more about it.either way if he pursue it or lets its go..its not good for ICA,They will think they are being lied to and convict her either way...she REALLY REALLY needs to start thinking about getting a plea deal......If he wants to repair any damage to his career,,he better tell her NOW is the time to deal and tell the truth.....

ITA Syra

So is it that they didn't anticipate SA showing these tapes which refute their theory so now they want to change their story? Oh, yeah, JBs word is gold alright

I'll tell ya' the defense reviewed these tapes repeatedly and extensively to determine what theory they could use and how her comments and her family's comments would fit.

They knew well in advance that these tapes would be shown. They fought hard against their admission. They are realizing their theory is not going well and they are grasping at straws.

In other news, I couldn't watch much today but I have HLN recorded and it is very interesting to watch casey watching herself. She likes to watch herself. She likes how she handled herself and joked. It's funny to watch her try to keep her face in conformity with her new, bogus theories. It;s fascinating, because she doesn't like to back down from her lies and likes to reinforce them but now she realizes that she can't show agreement with her oh so detailed lies and she has to catch herself in court to prevent her face from nodding or showing agreement.

Also, her statements in those videos about love for her family, appreciation, etc., she doesn't know how to react to those because they belie her new allegations that her brother and father are molesters.

Let me add that although I think casey is on the sociopathic scale, I do think she may have felt some measure of fondness for her parents and brother and even, possibly, some, mild regret over their suffering (although her own suffering, being jailed on a whim, is always much more important). But now she can't show any of that while listening to the tapes.

However, I do believe though, that her fond feelings towards her family, are mostly associated (at least as shown in the jail tapes) with being home, being free, being the princess and being enabled and coddled, rather than connected to a true love or deep bond with family like most people have. In any event, she has to compose herself to not betray any emotional agreement with her statements and emotions at the time of the jail visits. Fascinating!!!

I think George's suicide is going to be a topic-- about his guilt. :mad:

Seriously. It wouldn't have been enough to have lost his granddaughter and have a daughter that is more than likely responsible for her death. :mad:

Which still has me wondering why GA would give them to the DT. Even before he knew that they were going to throw him under the bus, what would be the reason to give them to the DT. Head scratcher form me.

Well, since I'm trying to listen to all this as a juror, let me respond to that as if I'm a juror: GA is NOT on trial here. I do not care about his medical records, his suicide attempts, his alleged affairs or his alleged gambling problems. They are moot points to me, and I will not consider them in any way shape or form. If the DT has solid evidence that GA molested his daughter, that I will consider (although I still do not see what that has to do with ICA's partying). If the DT can't show me evidence of that, they are wasting my time presenting anything on GA.

End of story.

Not if it is not found relevant to the charges and the testimony at hand. Don't forget the good old "objection".

He's on the defense witness list too... They are going to brutalize him, but I think the jury will be offended, truly, honestly, absolutely. :cool:

Do we honestly think this jury doesn't know the Susan Smith case and are making comparisons?

You are SO right. Choosing a man over your children is disgustingly common. My mom did it; didn't kill any of us though.

IMO, though KC is like SS with twice the IQ....which makes her super-dangerous...IMO.
That is, I don't think SS was a danger to anyone else but her children, but I DO THINK that KC is a continuing danger to the next person who gets in her way.
Totally my opinion/observation.

I wonder which story if any JB believed in that KC was telling? He emphasizes that she lied so much. He knew himself. I Just don't understand how any attorney can represent a client like KC in a believable manner...looking at this from an attorney's point of view.

Maybe, but the Jury have already seen the anguish on his face, the real grief he feels over Caylee and the effect on Cindy their daughter has caused. He may have guilt as to the way he and CA brought her up, but to me that only means he has examined his life in detail and found himself lacking- something his sociopath daughter could benefit from..
It will be interesting to see if the DT can get it in-legally or otherwise.

Exactly, and THAT is what has me so livid. I have put myself in the place of an actual juror through this. I have gone out of my way to consider JB's "ugly coping" theory (or whatever it is) with an open mind. And truthfully, it's given me a massive headache. Now that JB knows the SA nonsense won't fly, he thinks he can just quietly switch gears on us all, and we're all too dumb to notice. It's insulting to me, it's insulting to everyone watching this case, and most of all, it's insulting this jury who, in all good conscience, are trying to be fairminded and consider the arguments and evidence presented in this trial. What's more, JB has trashed a grieving grandfather's reputation for all the world to see...and yet, we're all just supposed to forget that now? When it's already freakin' out there?!

UNBELIEVABLE!

I think that pretty well sums it up!

I do not think the dt can put on evidence regarding GA's grief because

a) he is not on trial and not their client
b) this grief expert would not have met GA or evaluated him in any way save for tv appearances and therefore would have no basis to form an opinion

so I do not think this is about GA

I am still puzzled by the med recs those. Those I believe may be an attempt to suggest GA tried to hurt himself out of grief for caylee and some sort of involvement in the coverup of the "pool accident"

I think ICA should take the stand and her testimony should be "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see

Whoa, the music HLN is playing is like a pycho thriller soundtrack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member