2011.06.02 TRIAL Day Eight (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL sorry for the excess 'smilies'; I thought they weren't "working," then I overdid it and THEN didn't know how to edit them....oh well!!:innocent:

Ok...I am sorry, but JB's constant use of the "victim" card for himself is tiring...

The DT is going to make this trial go as slowly and painfully as possible.

Well, that's yet another huge mistake,because after today the jury has to be ticked off that this girl is wasting 2 months of THEIR lives. Dragging this out will only make them more inclined to vote DEATH .JMO

You can't get time back.:maddening:

My goodness...Baez quite emotional about JA's comments. HHBP comes back with a warning that there is no reason to get emotional. Very interesing exchanges!!!

JA - regarding JA medical records - why the late disclosure? Is he going to use it at trial?

HHBP - if they provide you with the entire record, then assume they are going to put the entire record in. Doesn't know what the medical records show.

JA - wants to know about late disclosure?

If you want a hearing, Saturday at 8:30 or 1:00? JA wants 1:00.

Good cause hearing at 1:00 on Saturday on medical records.

Can't resolve expert issue without depo which needs to be taken one day early next week.

HHBP - things will come up from time to time that one can't anticipate.

Good faith on the part of the party with late disclosure.

Court recessed to 9:00 a.m.

I thought the deadlines for new witnesses and discovery are long past???? What am I missing here?

JA up.....we have received a new expert from the Defense....one pg download from the internet....CD of GA hospital records....need to have a show cause hearing on those.....new expert is.....her name.....Dr. Sally Karioth...rdn? - expert in Individual Death and Family....values roles and issues in Nursing......JB indicated to LDB and expert has not interveiwed the defendant.....JB will tell what it is won't take long @ all...in light of all KC's behavior after death of Caylee.....show different reactions people have in grieving process....not unusal at all people act like this during grieving....rigorous objections it was admitted ...know court has basis for that.....this witness will speak of general nature...not require an examination of kc avoid all those issues...state of FL added new witnesses yesterday, couple of days ago...jb gets discovery all the time....the discovery handed over something they are disclosing ....no intent to pursue at this time may be malpractice on his part to let something to stand in the way or not address how death/dying berevement issues .....DT relied on Randolf and Sing? ....didn't anticipate this coming up.....immediately sought her out - she is available for deposition on Friday....

JA heard & denied motions....JB said he was surprised you allowed in....surprised was disingenous....April 12 2011....motion for psych expert may want to call one that has not examined the defendant....courts order required both sides fully anticipate their case and issues.....We just thought of this is not good cause! This witness has not yet prepared a rept....don't know when JB found the lady....got her name took 2 minutes to find her on internet....exactly when she was pursued by DT not by 4/12/2011...deposing a witness asking hypotheticals ridiculous....HHBP said go ahead and take depo..Angrand vs. Key...case expert testimony grief and berevement not auto admissable...take depo and see what this person is saying......expert testimony must aid jurors to understand things....don't know what time period....berevement usually takes place after a body is found dead....for me to rule @ this time.....if that person testify they have to do everything produce a report....outline things court ordered stating all opinions they gonna give....lets do that...yall need to read that case folks!

JA when might we receive this report....

JB- this evening or tomorrow, this team just realized this despite disparaging remarks made by JA.....

HHBP - long day ...take thru steps don't get emotional.....difficult for me to ascertain what person will testify dont have reports, witness background,, what they testify to.....particular evidence.....I gave you particular point of reference - jump thru hurdles there is a case out there whether it is admissable....nobody scratch their heads..

JA medical records...
HHBP move on with that..
JA -don't know reason for late discloser....entered @ trial what portions....
HHBP - if they provide you with entire record- assume whole record....don't know medical records concern - haven't reviewed those...

JA - disclosure why so late?
HHBP - we will find that out!

JA - good cause hearing on medical records.....Sat Morn 8:30 or 1:00 - gonna be here ....good cause hearing 1:00 pm med records....can't resolve issue of other expert until take depo....take one day early next week....good faith obligation for late disclosure to provide witness for depo .....

court in recess til 9:00 tomorrow

Ok... so IF they can bring in this witness... who can talk about how people act
when dealing with grief... and as the Judge said... grief does "not usually set in
until a body has been found"... would this then allow the tape of her reaction
when Caylee had been found?

<<<<<<<<<< SIDE BAR THREAD >>>>>>

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138483"]2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member