2011.06.03 TRIAL Day Nine (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if there has been collection of "dirt," "leaves," or other plant life evidence connecting the car trunk, undercarriage and/or shoe soles to the remains site?

did he, Bloise, just say..dry leaves found in the spare tire well?

Dry leaf observed in the trunk.

Dry leaf... dirt... hmm....

Because she KNOWS what was in it!!!! Are they showing pictures of the stain or just the trunk in general?

It is my greatest hopes and dreams that she can close her eyes and still see Caylee back there.

they are showing dry leaves under the tire cover area (dry leaves also found in undercarriage)

and remember this was in the summer time ;-(

oooh Baez is objecting to the dry leaves....in the trunk..

What???? No squirrel remains under the car??? I'm shocked!

The dead squirrel must have fallen off while it was being towed.

At one time didn't she tell someone that a pair of squirrls crawled up into her engine and died. Then the other story was her dad hit one and the body was plastered to the frame of her car. Poor things.

Awesome. Witness just did the "John Madden" on a picture. Technology rox.

Juror 8 (white woman) has taken a lot of notes. And she fills the pages up!! #CaseyAnthony -fell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:49 PM

spare tire cover well with dried leaf

Attachments

• 7ff31080-b8d0-4d14-9831-9a6c24e282b6_300.jpg
    7ff31080-b8d0-4d14-9831-9a6c24e282b6_300.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 82
What?! She hid her baby's body in the spare tire well? Am I hearing this right? Ugh. Poor Caylee!

Witness was shown a package and he identified it as the bag that contained the evidence given to him by Det. Beasley. It's a black plastic bag with yellow handles.

He was also given a blue plastic crate. The bag and crate contained a doll, child's backpack, child's toothbrush, black leather bag, various paper items and plastic clothes hangers.

He has had the opportunity to come into contact with deceased individuals and has smelled human decomposition 30 to 45 times in his experience. He has also obtained finger prints from decomposed bodies at the ME's office. He has had experience with bodies at various levels of decomp. He's also searched for evidence in dumpsters and the landfill.

When he broke the seal on the Pontiac sunfire by opening the driver's side door, he immediately smelled the odor of decomp coming from inside the car.

(No reaction from ICA at all).

As soon as he receives the vehicle, he photos the exterior and then photos the interior. Then he documents what he observes in his reports. He takes notes and then uses them to write a report.

His photo of the gas gage was shown at above 3/4 full. He first photos it as he finds it, then puts some gas in and photos it again to check to see if the gas gauge works. He determined that the gas gauge was working properly. This photo was marked as Exhibit 76. Photo published to Jury.

He was shown Exhibit 50 - the photo of the interior of the front seat. Photo published to jury. It was taken on 7/16.

He was shown Exhibit 34 - the photo of the interior passenger seat showing sunglasses and black CD case and a brown belt.

He was shown Exhibit 35 - the photo of the car seat in the back seat and also showing black shoes on the seat next to it.

He was shown another photo taken from the other side of the car seat. Marked as Exhibit 77.

He was shown Exhibit 51 - photo of the back seat behind the driver's seat with two pairs of shoes, one black and one gold/brown and a dryer sheet.

He was shown a photo of the underside of the car when it was on the lift. Marked as Exhibit 78. Published to Jury.

He inspected the underneath of the vehicle. He found dried leaf in the transmission area and next to the front chassis area. He found no animal parts.

He was shown a photo of the inside trunk (mid range photo). Photo marked as Exhibit 79 and published to the Jury. The item in the center was part of the spare tire cover well. It was plastic. He removed it from the hole. When he received the vehicle, the plastic cover was on the hole.

He was shown a photo of the inside trunk with "A" and "B" markers. Photo marked as Exhibit 80 and published to the Jury. "A" was of the dryer sheet that was in the trunk. "B" was residue of dirt found in the trunk.

He was shown a photo of the back area of the spare tire cover well. It has been removed from the vehicle. He agreed processing took several days. A section of the spare tire cover was removed prior to the photo. Photo was marked as Exhibit 81 and published to the Jury. LDB circled the area removed. The cover is made out of wood and carpet.

He was shown a photo of the inside of the trunk showing "C" the spare tire cover well showing a dried leaf. Marked as Exhibit 82 and published to the Jury.

The spare tire was with the vehicle when he received it. He marked where it would be prior to its removal. The cover would sit on top of this area.

Afternoon recess to 3:05.

7ff31080-b8d0-4d14-9831-9a6c24e282b6_300.jpg

Spare tire was on top of the dry leaf!!!!

OMG!!! Did ICA put a Caylee in the spare tire well???

Bloise: Spare tire was on top of dry leaf in trunk #CaseyAnthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 2:50 PM

Ger. Bliose - crime scene investigator OCSO 11 years..was police officer in San Juan, PR x 6 years....trained w/FBI, forensics science, ATF, Masters in criminal justice(?) and business administration......take notes, photos, search, preservation, lab test, documentation/collection/preservation of items....don't preform analysis typically on items collected...7/16/08 - Pontiac Sunfire received 1998 white 2 dr, Fl. tag.....Det. Charity Beasly - tow service truck to the forensic garage - goes forensic garage A....arrived in good condition...all doors, trunk, were sealed....pics of car...identify 2 yellow pieces of tape on rear of veh....pics of front of car...identify seal on the hood - yellow piece of tape on hood.....side view of car....yellow tape on drivers side door...also obtained items from Det. Beasley contained within black plastic garbage bag...identified items & seals, handwriting,
blue plastic crate bag and crate - contained, doll, child's backpack, toothbrush, papers, black leather bag, plastic clothes hangars....
have you had opportunity to come into contact w/deceased? yes....smelled odor of decomp.....about 30-40 45 times sometimes have to get fingerprints from decomposed bodies @ ME's office....experience w/bodies at varying levels of decomp....oppotunity to search in dumpsters, landfills,
Did you break the seal on Pontiac sunfire when arrived? yes - drivers side door first seal broken, observe - immediatly smell odor of decomp from inside car...interior of car first documented & process.....
First thing done,exterior condition, interior of veh....document observations....take notes....use notes to write report to recall steps....
gas gauge shows just under 1/4 tank....he put gasoline in car...turn on to see if needle of gas gauge & photo this happened several months after received car...gas gauge worked properly and photo shows gauge working...received in evidence -publish
Pic of interior of vehicle from passenger door....publish...
pic taken 7/16/08, in passenger seat - black cd case, brown belt, sunglasses...publish -
pic taken 7/16/08 - rear inside vehicle baby car seat and black shoes on seat...
pic taken 7/16/08 - rear inside vehicle from drivers side of car seat and items on seat
pic taken 7/16/08 - already in evidence - 2 shoes - one black high heel and one gold brown and dryer sheet laying in the seat....
pic of under carriage on the car while on lift @ the garage..taken 7/16/08 - enter/publish
any foreign substances on underside of veh? I inspected it...dried leaf material from front chassis area - near front tire....no animal parts on underside of car - determined by GB...
Pic of open trunk lid looking into the car...pic taken 7/16/08- enter/receive/publish
item near center appears removed....part of spare tire cover well plastic cover he removed it from the hole and placed it next to it.....
Picture of interior of the car w/markers of A & B in the trunk....enter/receive/publish
Marker A - description of air freshner sheet - a different one from what was in rear seat
Marker B - residue of dirt in trunk

Pic under side of spare tire cover well - removed from vehicle....processing took several days...section of spare tire cover removed prior to this photo being taken....reverse side of the spare tire cover once the section had been removed....receive/publish spare tire cover is like a woodboard with carpet....
Pic inside of trunk letter C - spare tire cover well, description of the dried leaf in the trunk...publish....C-marker - dried leaf identify in spare tire well... spare tire was in the trunk when received - showed where it had been sitting.... the cover is woodboard with carpet and sits over this area

Recess till 3:05

did he, Bloise, just say..dry leaves found in the spare tire well?

:yes: I don't think I knew that before. :waitasec: And he made it a point about a dried leaf on the undercarriage of the car - near the chassis.

Oh, how I hope it can be linked to the site where she left Caylee.

So beautiful.....you made me cry.....but, it's ok.......she looks like she is seriously considering something much beyond her years.........

Yeah, I'm able to compartmentalize to an extent. Then BAM that photo comes out of nowhere. It hit me hard. I cried too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo